5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
My latest update is that the truck was offloaded from the train on the 7th and is currently awaiting transport to the dealership. This may take up to 3 weeks on average. Then, the PDI process will take another week so long as there’s no major damage on the vehicle. I was advised not to buy any airplane tickets or book hotels until I hear from MD.

They’re not using Central Dispatch no more. They moved a more “premium” company due to some issues they were having. I’m told shipping is going to be $1.40 to 1.50 per mile. I’m still gonna try and fly there. I just hope I have enough leeway with work.
Nice! your truck and mine must have been on the same train. I talked to Sandi this morning and she told me mine was unloaded the same day. She must have copied the same email to both of us.

Dunga

Reaction score
Nice! your truck and mine must have been on the same train. I talked to Sandi this morning and she told me mine was unloaded the same day. She must have copied the same email to both of us.
Sounds like it! Are you getting her shipped or flying over and driving?

coolhub

Reaction score
Just looked at Mark Dodge's lot inventory. Discounts on the Laramie went from $8000 off to $7500 off, (n)

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
For those that fly in and drive home. Are any of you worried about adding excessive miles during the break-in period?

cleigh

Reaction score
For those that fly in and drive home. Are any of you worried about adding excessive miles during the break-in period?

For me, it's handling the miles needed to break in before towing.

Dunga

Reaction score

That’s a good point. I guess I was gonna do what I did when I picked up my ‘14 Stingray from Criswell Chevy in Maryland and drove back to North Dakota over 3 days. The first day was the hardest because no cruise control and you had to keep shifting gears 5-6-7-6-5 every 5-10 minutes for my manual car. Afterwards you could use cruise. Also up until a certain mileage the electronic tachometer would have a redline at 4,500 RPMs telling you essentially not to over rev it.

The Ram break-in seems a bit vague for the 5.7 in the link above. What the heck is “moderate acceleration”. I don’t know tbh but I’m not keen to spend $2 grand on shipping. Am I being too cheap?

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Drive moderately during the first 300 mi (500 km). After the initial 60 mi (100 km), speeds up to 50 or 55 mph (80 or 90 km/h) are desirable.
After 60 miles the speed limit of 55 is desireable?

Dunga

Reaction score
Drive moderately during the first 300 mi (500 km). After the initial 60 mi (100 km), speeds up to 50 or 55 mph (80 or 90 km/h) are desirable.
I thought that was bizarre.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
The speed recommendations is my main concern. I can baby the throttle, but I can't guarantee on a drive home that I'm going slow due to me being on a highway. I'd be cursed at and flipped off constantly if I drove below 55mph on a highway. 🤣

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
The speed recommendations is my main concern. I can baby the throttle, but I can't guarantee on a drive home that I'm going slow due to me being on a highway. I'd be cursed at and flipped off constantly if I drove below 55mph on a highway. 🤣
LOL, my dealership is on the other side of Memphis, I will likely be shot at going that slow!

Derek916

Reaction score

First 300 miles under 60 and then send it! I think a few people mentioned there’s a bunch of freeways over there where speed limit is 60 anyways. Id be worried about rock chips if you’re planning to PPF it.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No, not at all. The main thing with breaking in the motor is to not beat the hell out of it. Driving normally is perfectly fine.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
My truck had 16 miles on it when I picked it up. I tried to keep it below 80 on the 28 mile trip home. At least I didn’t use cruise control. :ROFLMAO:

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
I love flying. Get away from reality. Get a chance to see some stupid people in this world.
Um..... although I no longer live in FL, after living there 20+ years and visiting a few times a year you have stupid people in FL. Plenty to see in Polk and Pasco counties. :ROFLMAO:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Um..... although I no longer live in FL, after living there 20+ years and visiting a few times a year you have stupid people in FL. Plenty to see in Polk and Pasco counties. :ROFLMAO:
I hate living here with a passion. Everything about Miami is garbage. The only thing that I like here is the people I work with, that’s it.

Users who are viewing this thread