5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

dubojr10

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on incentives they were able to take advantage of with their purchase with MD? My truck order with them thru the RAM tracking website shows "Built" status so I'm starting to think about the actual purchasing side of the deal.

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on incentives they were able to take advantage of with their purchase with MD? My truck order with them thru the RAM tracking website shows "Built" status so I'm starting to think about the actual purchasing side of the deal.
I locked in incentives at time of order, and then had my choice between those or what was available at time of delivery.

Rich6896

Reaction score
True Car has incentives listed, however, they are vague.

I see this one, but I can't find any more info about it.
  • 2022 RAM 1500 DT Crew and Quad with V6 (ERG/EXH) Retail Customer Cash Allowance ($1000)

Rich6896

Reaction score
So, they do a wash, but there is no wax from the factory or the dealer? Just exploring ceramic coatings and want to know if I need to remove wax.

RonF

Reaction score

You may want to check out the current incentives on the Ram website. Look under the shopping tools tab.
MD did offer me the incentives at the time of order or at the time of delivery, I was able to pick the better of the 2 incentive offers.
Which turned out to be the June incentives (when I will get the truck) were better than the April incentives (when I ordered the truck)

TSL

Reaction score
I ordered in January ( re-ordered in March due to a small saga ), I had $1500 incentives locked in at time of order, but finished up with $3000 incentives at time of delivery. Aaron found an additional $1000 incentive something to do with coming to Ram from another brand ( I had to scan in a copy of my registration for my Subaru ) and I got $500 affliliate rewards pricing because my employer is a member of the Affiliate Rewards program. I went with my own credit union financing because the best Chrysler Financing could get me was +2.75% higher than my local credit union. I finished up around $59k-ish on a $70k MSRP vehicle, so pretty happy with that, and the general customer orientation of everyone I interacted with at the dealership was just outstanding.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, they do a wash, but there is no wax from the factory or the dealer? Just exploring ceramic coatings and want to know if I need to remove wax.
Aaron asked if I wanted mine washed. I sad no since, once I got home, I was taking straight to detail shop for ceramic. They did a strip wash first to remove any coating, if any that had applied.

Rammmer

Reaction score
I ordered in January ( re-ordered in March due to a small saga ), I had $1500 incentives locked in at time of order, but finished up with $3000 incentives at time of delivery. Aaron found an additional $1000 incentive something to do with coming to Ram from another brand ( I had to scan in a copy of my registration for my Subaru ) and I got $500 affliliate rewards pricing because my employer is a member of the Affiliate Rewards program. I went with my own credit union financing because the best Chrysler Financing could get me was +2.75% higher than my local credit union. I finished up around $59k-ish on a $70k MSRP vehicle, so pretty happy with that, and the general customer orientation of everyone I interacted with at the dealership was just outstanding.
Did you not qualify for 0% or was it not available? I have it locked in but wondering how hard it is to qualify.

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Did you not qualify for 0% or was it not available? I have it locked in but wondering how hard it is to qualify.
The sheet I had with the 0% rate on it said it was for tier 1 or 2 so I’d say anything above a 720 would get it done. Don’t know for sure though.

TSL

Reaction score
I don't quite understand what happened there. From my Jan order I had the $1500 locked in as I mentioned plus the option of 0% for 48 or 1.9% for 60. I understood it was either / or : take the cash incentive or the locked in finance rate. When it came time to do paperwork there was no mention of those locked in rates. I was quoted 4.x% ( I forget the decimal right now ) But my credit union offered me 2%. Curiously, my credit score ( pulled from same bureau ) was 733 with Chrysler Capital and 836 with my credit union !! I guess that made the difference. The credit union pull was done a few days earlier ( and no, I didn't file for bankruptcy or anything in the interval ! ) I also keep my credit reports frozen and only unfreeze them for targeted entities for specific time periods.
In any event, getting $3k in rebates / incentives plus 2% for 60 seems not too bad to me. I had a decent sized down payment as well.

Rammmer

Reaction score
I don't quite understand what happened there. From my Jan order I had the $1500 locked in as I mentioned plus the option of 0% for 48 or 1.9% for 60. I understood it was either / or : take the cash incentive or the locked in finance rate. When it came time to do paperwork there was no mention of those locked in rates. I was quoted 4.x% ( I forget the decimal right now ) But my credit union offered me 2%. Curiously, my credit score ( pulled from same bureau ) was 733 with Chrysler Capital and 836 with my credit union !! I guess that made the difference. The credit union pull was done a few days earlier ( and no, I didn't file for bankruptcy or anything in the interval ! ) I also keep my credit reports frozen and only unfreeze them for targeted entities for specific time periods.
In any event, getting $3k in rebates / incentives plus 2% for 60 seems not too bad to me. I had a decent sized down payment as well.
That is a massive difference. I don't know the intracacies of vehicle financing but I would probably try to escalate that or pull credit from a different bureau. Almost seems like fraud because they lure you in with a financing offer and have a massively different score when it comes to sign paperwork.

bigmac5166

Reaction score

That is a massive difference. I don't know the intracacies of vehicle financing but I would probably try to escalate that or pull credit from a different bureau. Almost seems like fraud because they lure you in with a financing offer and have a massively different score when it comes to sign paperwork.

For whatever its worth, they pulled me higher than what my normal FICO score is each month. I have a friend with shaky credit who ran into a snag last fall buying a vehicle though. On a good day he will pull a 680, but the dealer pulled him at a 550. Massive difference with no real explanation.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers use different scoring models. If you have no history of vehicle financing your auto score will suck, even if you have a 800+ regular fico if its only credit cards.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thinking of trading my billet 2022 for a hydro 2023 assuming they still make the color. Wanted hydro the first time but I bought mine during the random months when they stopped hydro. Go figure. Definitely going to go with Mark Dodge, but will probably shop their offer at local dealers first just to give them a chance. I know they won't match it - but I like to see them try.

Anyone know when the 2022 order cutoff is? Or when 2023 will begin? The digital dash looks cool but who knows what trims it will be on. And I'm betting on a decent price increase for 2023.
You mean you like to see the local deal squirm, get flustered, state there's no way possible you are getting this price , then get mad and ask you to leave the property. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
You mean you like to see the local deal squirm, get flustered, state there's no way possible you are getting this price , then get mad and ask you to leave the property. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lol something like that. I really am passionate about shopping local and if the prices were similar, I'd spend a little more to keep money here. But most dealers around here are MSRP only and there's just no comparison.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Dealers use different scoring models. If you have no history of vehicle financing your auto score will suck, even if you have a 800+ regular fico if its only credit cards.
I assume they consider student loans, mortgage, other loans, etc too? Personally never applied but would be shocked if a years long 800+ credit score is tanked in the vehicle context just because you've never financed.

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Well just took delivery from the shipper and unfortunately found three dings on the driver side. Nothing terrible, but takes the excitement down a few notches sadly. I’ve already reached out to Aaron, and I’m sure we can come to a solution.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts on me asking MD to install wheel liners? Anyone get it done by MD? I've watched a few videos, they don't seem hard to install. I figure if I can get them to do it it saves me a few hours of aggravation.

Any other minor things you've asked MD to do besides detailing it with a coating? I've seen a few folks mention that so I'm aware of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread