5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Derek916

Reaction score
What are your guys thoughts on me asking MD to install wheel liners? Anyone get it done by MD? I've watched a few videos, they don't seem hard to install. I figure if I can get them to do it it saves me a few hours of aggravation.

Any other minor things you've asked MD to do besides detailing it with a coating? I've seen a few folks mention that so I'm aware of that one.
Their sales dept is separate from their service dept and everything that I’ve seen from them is it is your typical service dept experience. I actually had an order with MD previously and realized I wanted running boards and the service dept quoted me $2600 for the Mopar running boards that would have costed me $960 if I had ordered through my build. Fortunately their sales team was nice and let me roll over my deposit and I placed an order for the Southwest Edition that was $2700 at the time and it got me running boards, sun roof, 12 inch screen and painted bumpers/mirrors.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 132239
Financing done! Now just getting her shipped to South Florida
I am in South Florida as well I plan just to fly out there and drive mine back. Figure right now it’s gonna be cheaper to do that then have it shipped back here. Years ago you could probably get it down here for $500 bucks give or take now seems to be upwards of $2000 with the gas prices.

Rammmer

Reaction score
Anyone tried using the Tread Lightly discount with Mark Dodge recently? What discount did you get? Does it still not stack with PenFed or truecar if those are still available?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume they consider student loans, mortgage, other loans, etc too? Personally never applied but would be shocked if a years long 800+ credit score is tanked in the vehicle context just because you've never financed.
type follows type. Until you've had multiple auto loans and paid them off, you won't get the best auto loan rates. Student loans and mortgages are also different.

Rammmer

Reaction score
type follows type. Until you've had multiple auto loans and paid them off, you won't get the best auto loan rates. Student loans and mortgages are also different.
Not disputing that but I've never heard of it before. Never had a mortgage before my first one and still pulled 800 credit on that and had no issues getting prime rates.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume they consider student loans, mortgage, other loans, etc too? Personally never applied but would be shocked if a years long 800+ credit score is tanked in the vehicle context just because you've never financed.
When I bought my 21 in August last year, The dealer told me The lowest they came back with was 2.9%, thar Chrysler wanted to give me a higher APR. found that extremely hard to believe considering the letter I received from Chrysler in the mail about a month later showed my credit score of over 850. To this day I don’t know if the dealer just tried to screw me on the deal and I did get a better rate or if because the last time I had an auto loan was in 2014. Nervous to see how the rate is going to be when my 22 comes in next month

DMutt

Reaction score
I am in South Florida as well I plan just to fly out there and drive mine back. Figure right now it’s gonna be cheaper to do that then have it shipped back here. Years ago you could probably get it down here for $500 bucks give or take now seems to be upwards of $2000 with the gas prices.
I just setup shipping an hour ago. MD recommended $800 and I said go with $850. In 30 seconds, he said the $850 was accepted. So I probably could have done $750 or $800! I think that is a great deal so that I don't have to take time off work and drive it 950 miles the first day I own it.

DMutt

Reaction score
Anyone tried using the Tread Lightly discount with Mark Dodge recently? What discount did you get? Does it still not stack with PenFed or truecar if those are still available?
MD gives $500 off as a dealer discount for the TreadLightly membership. So you net $400 savings. Does not stack with penfed or truecar.

Rammmer

Reaction score
MD gives $500 off as a dealer discount for the TreadLightly membership. So you net $400 savings. Does not stack with penfed or truecar.
Do you think that is worth buying with the PenFed and TrueCar discounts still being out there?

DMutt

Reaction score
Do you think that is worth buying with the PenFed and TrueCar discounts still being out there?

You can't stack PenFed and Truecar. So if either of those individually is worth more than $400, then go for it.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough, I am a newbie to this. I guess I can pay FICO to see how different the auto score is from the general one.

At some point, it doesn't really matter. My Ram is the first auto loan I've ever had, and I still qualified for the best rates and went with the Chrysler 0% offer.

Rammmer

Reaction score
You can't stack PenFed and Truecar. So if either of those individually is worth more than $400, then go for it.
Gotcha. I just signed up for PenFed and hope that it will have been 60 days by the time my truck comes in. I don't know how long the TrueCar code will be out there especially if Ram closes MY22 orders.

It seems to me to be a gamble to pay the 100 for tread lightly on the assumption the other 2 won't be there but I suppose it's my gamble to make either way.

DMutt

Reaction score
Gotcha. I just signed up for PenFed and hope that it will have been 60 days by the time my truck comes in. I don't know how long the TrueCar code will be out there especially if Ram closes MY22 orders.

It seems to me to be a gamble to pay the 100 for tread lightly on the assumption the other 2 won't be there but I suppose it's my gamble to make either way.

Good Luck. My limited only took 45 days from order to delivery, but that is rare. I am super happy all the stars aligned lol

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
so question regarding your Tread Lightly, it's 1% below Invoice, so if you agreed to above invoice, it would be more than just $500?

Rammmer

Reaction score
Good Luck. My limited only took 45 days from order to delivery, but that is rare. I am super happy all the stars aligned lol
Dang that's quick. I also have a limited 10th anniversary coming in and I've heard those have been prioritized. I would be surprised if mine was that quick but who knows. I've read here FCA is stopping MY22 production around August 8 but I'm not sure how true that is.

J2048B

Reaction score
For anyone who went with nexus transport how long did it take them to find u a hauler? I might ask MD to check for me but with fuel prices im not sure it would be any different flying and driving back to commietaxifornia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the closing process works on ordering through MD? I've never purchased a vehicle and had it shipped before. My delivery estimate is July 4th.

1. Do I sign all the final paperwork and finance stuff online once the truck arrives on their lot (before it's shipped to me?) Also, how is the paperwork handled? Do you do it over Zoom or something?

2. Do I insure the truck at this point? What happens if it's damaged during shipping?

TSL

Reaction score
Can someone explain how the closing process works on ordering through MD? I've never purchased a vehicle and had it shipped before. My delivery estimate is July 4th.

1. Do I sign all the final paperwork and finance stuff online once the truck arrives on their lot (before it's shipped to me?) Also, how is the paperwork handled? Do you do it over Zoom or something?

2. Do I insure the truck at this point? What happens if it's damaged during shipping?
Yes, you do the paperwork stuff online once the truck arrives. They send documents by email and you e-sign and send them back. They do a Zoom call with finance. Which I found really nice, because they show the various screens on their software they use and I took screenshots along the way during the conversation. That way I could look over everything after the call, and before actually signing anything and confirm it was all what I was expecting. It was just 1000x nicer experience than being in a physical finance office at a dealership and trying to do math in your head and make sure they weren't trying to pull some tricks on you ! I had a couple questions afterwards and sent a couple emails back and forth to clarify before I signed and returned the documents.
The only thing that hasn't worked for e-signing is title and registration. Oregon doesn't allow E-signing for the title / reg paperwork so MD printed the forms, FedEx'd them to me, along with a return envelope for me to sign and send them back in. They seem to be on top of everything quite well.
They have a deadline for getting the paperwork done within 7 days ( I think ) of the truck arriving on their lot. But they are flexible. In my case I had a bereavement in the family and was out of the country when I got the email that the truck arrived. I explained the situation to Aaron and he assured me to put family first and we'd sort it out when I got back. I got in touch once back home and we just kicked off the paperwork process at that point.

For insurance I was told to trigger insurance for the time of pickup, so once I got confirmation that a carrier had confirmed a day to pick up the truck I triggered insurance effective that day.
I'm expecting mine to arrive Saturday, 2 days from now, so hopefully I don't get to tell you what happens if it arrives damaged ! My understanding though is that if there is damage due to shipping then the carrier's insurance picks it up, but if there's hailstorm on the way or something flies off a big rig on the highway and hits it or similar "random acts of misfortune" then your insurance needs to take care of that.

Users who are viewing this thread