5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

shak3r

Reaction score
Just heard from Aaron that my truck has arrived at MD's lot ( just in time for RAM's "non-truck month" :) - I'm seeing chatter on the forum that Truck month is so far looking underwhelming at best ) I ordered Jan 15th. This is so much faster than I was expecting. Was thinking it would be April or May and that I'd probably plan a road trip back to the Pacific NW. At this point I think I will have it shipped.
Quick question for the brain trust here : I have a pre-approved loan with my local credit union ( 2.01% for 60 mo ) My credit union advised me "don't let the dealer run your credit all over the place". I do have a locked in offer from MD of 1.9% for 60 mo, although they'll still have to run my credit to qualify for it I am sure. It's not that different to 2.01%, so I'm somewhat inclined to just go with what I have. I guess MD will just apply via Chrysler Capital so they wouldn't actually be running my credit 'all over the place' :) Interested in thoughts from those who've gone through MD's finance process.

MD tried to offer me 3.99 at 60mos. I balked at that, then they came back w/ 2.99. I had 820 credit. Your lucky they offered 1.9% if that holds. I'd be inclined to take that credit union offer if its solid.

Bigteeze

Reaction score
Shipper picked it up last Tuesday evening so about five days. It sounds like the driver had another delivery in Irvine, CA to another member here judging by how Charles at MD asked if im the Irvine guy or Sacramento guy and the delivery man broke down in LA.
Thanks!

TSL

Reaction score
I financed with them. We went through Chrysler Capital, but it was to get the 0% for 48 offer. If you aren't trying to get something like that, I'd probably just stick with your credit union.

As for "running your credit all over the place" any checks should be bundled together as a single inquiry with little to no effect. It's 2022. These folks understand that people shop their rates around instead of just going with whatever bank their granddaddy used. When did you have your credit pulled for the credit union pre-approval?
I did it just last week. I had an ETA for the truck arriving at the railyard last week so decided to get a head start on the financing. Yeah, you're right, a couple of inquiries close together are probably not going to be a major issue.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did it just last week. I had an ETA for the truck arriving at the railyard last week so decided to get a head start on the financing. Yeah, you're right, a couple of inquiries close together are probably not going to be a major issue.
Yeah, you should be fine there. I think it's something like a 6 week window for mortgage and auto loan pulls.

Derek916

Reaction score
Wow I just looked at the March incentives and there’s an additional $2500 off the 0% financing. Guess I am SOL.

tomme12

Reaction score
Wow I just looked at the March incentives and there’s an additional $2500 off the 0% financing. Guess I am SOL.
I looked and dont see that .. where did you find that? Everything I see is 0% OR $1k (depending on model).

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked and dont see that .. where did you find that? Everything I see is 0% OR $1k (depending on model).
I think y'alls best bet is to call Ram's incentive people and ask tomorrow. They can tell you if March incentives have dropped yet. Over the past several months on these forums, it seems like it can often be the 2nd or 3rd of the month before incentives are fully updated

Derek916

Reaction score

Depends on your region as well. As much as it sucks, it's effectively a wash since MSRP on the Laramie has increased by 2K since after my order was placed. Nice jedi tricks, RAM!

1646180358156.png

fliptide

Reaction score
Depends on your region as well. As much as it sucks, it's effectively a wash since MSRP on the Laramie has increased by 2K since after my order was placed. Nice jedi tricks, RAM!

View attachment 122109
Hopefully the site is still updating. I would love to have 0% +2500.
My zip (TX) currently shows 0% +500 (Laramie)

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
Just spoke with Aaron this morning. He said they got an larger than normal shipment of trucks in recently, to include mine woot woot!!! Good luck to everyone anxiously waiting. Hope those belong to some of you in here.
When was your truck due to arrive at Port Allen? I’m just trying to gauge the timing.

TSL

Reaction score
I got an update on mine from Aaron : yes the truck has arrived, but, unfortunately, they've found scratches on the paint. Significant enough that he wants to send it over to the body shop he works with and get it taken care of. I'm glad he's taking care of it, and that he told me about it right away. Although, he was a little uncertain just how long of a delay this was going to be. He recommended I hold off on getting into the financing application for now.
Pic of truck attached. Not a super good pic, but this is what he sent me for, doesn't show the scratches, at least I don't think it does. I think he said he got 40 trucks in this week !

Attachments

• IMG_2214.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 67

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have an email of someone I can reach out to over at MD?
I used Sandi and she is great. I highly recommend you call the dealership first. Some, myself included, went with no email reply for quite some time or at all. These guys are slammed busy and some emails end up in a junk/spam file. Call first.

tomme12

Reaction score
Picking up Friday, flying into Lake Charles on the 10:54am flight. Anyone else?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used Sandi and she is great. I highly recommend you call the dealership first. Some, myself included, went with no email reply for quite some time or at all. These guys are slammed busy and some emails end up in a junk/spam file. Call first.
It's crazy how much busier they seem since I ordered in October. I emailed Aaron directly and within 7 minutes (no joke, just looked at the emails) he responded with a draft POC from the build summary I sent. Within an hour, I sent a deposit and had a signed order.

Good for them. They deserve all this business.

Users who are viewing this thread