5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Runagun

Reaction score
Sitting on the plane waiting to leave Houston for Lake Charles where Charles is picking me up. All in all, flying (at least form Birmingham) is no big deal.
Post pics on Google drive or something so we can see. Have a safe trip.

morris08

Reaction score
Has anyone tried swapping wheels when building with Mark Dodge?
I am wanting a Laramie Night Edition but don't really care for the 22's. I asked Renae and she basically said once the truck is ordered then they will work with me to see what the parts dept may be able to order and they can order for me. I was thinking more along the lines of a "swap". I am wanting the 20" black wheels that the Big Horn NE comes with.
Anyone else check into something like this?

One more question from this newb (sorry for the dumb questions)....
Is the 2" Mopar lift no longer available for 2022's at dealerships?

Bigteeze

Reaction score
Has anyone tried swapping wheels when building with Mark Dodge?
I am wanting a Laramie Night Edition but don't really care for the 22's. I asked Renae and she basically said once the truck is ordered then they will work with me to see what the parts dept may be able to order and they can order for me. I was thinking more along the lines of a "swap". I am wanting the 20" black wheels that the Big Horn NE comes with.
Anyone else check into something like this?

One more question from this newb (sorry for the dumb questions)....
Is the 2" Mopar lift no longer available for 2022's at dealerships?
For what it's worth, I inquired with MD about getting the Rebel Night Edition wheels on my (non Night Edition) Rebel and was told it would be about $2,000 to do it. Seems ludicrous and that point I may as well go aftermarket.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I inquired with MD about getting the Rebel Night Edition wheels on my (non Night Edition) Rebel and was told it would be about $2,000 to do it. Seems ludicrous and that point I may as well go aftermarket.
I just asked about adding some Mopar accessories and if they offered a discount like the online Mopar store and if the gave a discount also including free install? I did read on here somewhere that the did.
I would think I would get a answer tomorrow sometime. I can install everything but the mud guards because you need a rivet gun for plastic rivets.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just asked about adding some Mopar accessories and if they offered a discount like the online Mopar store and if the gave a discount also including free install? I did read on here somewhere that the did.
I would think I would get a answer tomorrow sometime. I can install everything but the mud guards because you need a rivet gun for plastic rivets.
I asked for quotes on prices for parts and they quoted full price and the markup on labor was stupid.
They wanted $100 to install 4 mud flaps (not including the part)
$150 to install a bed cover
$500 to install a Borla exhaust like seriously $500 for an exhaust install?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I asked for quotes on prices for parts and they quoted full price and the markup on labor was stupid.
Sorry I was off.

This is the exact quote in an email I have
The deflectors $140 , tonneau cover $140, front and rear splash guards $140, and exhaust system $560 plus tax on each.

Complete crap. I guess buy the truck and not a single thing more from MD for some reason.

shak3r

Reaction score
I think we can agree MD offers outstanding Sales and killer deals on custom, new vehicle sales. But when it comes to dealer-installed parts and labor keep your expectations in check. They offer dealership prices for those services.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If thats the case it will be a hard pass, i will install myself and buy the tool needed. But if you dont ask you dont know, believe me they are not selling the trucks for free or at cost, being the largest ram deal in the US they get the trucks well below the cost of other dealers. THATS WHY other dealer when given MD price quotes they run for the hills. Of course they still need to make profit all companies do. If they sell Chargers at these great price i will be buying a Hellcat in a few years also.
I work frinking hard for my money and no one needs to tell me just pay up. And I know that did not come from you darksteel, and thanks for letting me know what they quoted you! 👍

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Charging more for install of windows deflectors in laybor then they cost msrp?

That's not making a profit that's theft.

You make it sound like they lose money by selling trucks, they sell so much in volume they make a ton of cash.

Deflectors
$101 https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-side-window-air-deflectors-crew-cab-82215478
Labor to install $140.

You don't need to give scumbag pricing to make a profit.
Give it a rest. They sell cars and trucks. Expecting exhaust shop prices from a dealer is a little ambitious.

Runagun

Reaction score
Charging more for install of windows deflectors in laybor then they cost msrp?

That's not making a profit that's theft.

You make it sound like they lose money by selling trucks, they sell so much in volume they make a ton of cash.

Deflectors
$101 https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-side-window-air-deflectors-crew-cab-82215478
Labor to install $140.

You don't need to give scumbag pricing to make a profit.
I understand what's your saying. And I'm not trying to be insulting. But anything that they do will charge labour. And this is most if not all dealers. Labor rates are ridiculous. Better to go to 3rd party.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok everyone chill, this whole thing is about sharing info, thats all. It dont hurt anyone to ask the sales person any questions! Lol
Some dont care about paying full price and do, I watch and look for deals, some dont. That why i am buying and spending 65k at MD. I love a great deal. Saving about 11k before these price hikes. About 15k after. Thank god for md!

Last edited:

1Raider

Reaction score
Some of these folks just dont see the big picture I don't guess on how much they are saving. Want to buy below invoice an yet want accessories at below cost an to be installed for free! 🤣

J2048B

Reaction score
so if
Ok cool thanks, I got a quote of 850 from a logistics company to get it to Colorado so I’ll prob take that one if they can’t match it
so if colorado is only 850 i may do that and have it delivered to a family members house.... pretty decent and cheaper than flying and driving all the way back to commiefornia

Clemzhemi

Reaction score
so if

so if colorado is only 850 i may do that and have it delivered to a family members house.... pretty decent and cheaper than flying and driving all the way back to commiefornia
Moverjet logistics was the best price I could find. Everyone else was twice that or more

J2048B

Reaction score
Moverjet logistics was the best price I could find. Everyone else was twice that or more
cool thanks for the name ill check them out, i still have a very long wait for my truck, but good to get some familiarity around that area for shippers.

Users who are viewing this thread