5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Clemzhemi

Reaction score
MD uses a website where they put the bid out. My understanding is they know what the market rate is so the person suggested $1400. I have to wait for a contractor to take the bid. So it could possibly go up depending on if nobody takes the bid.
Ok cool thanks, I got a quote of 850 from a logistics company to get it to Colorado so I’ll prob take that one if they can’t match it

shak3r

Reaction score
Truck arrived this morning at Mark Dodge! I'll hopefully be driving down from Wisconsin next week with my trade in to pick it up. Can't wait!

Congrats! I think I spy my red Rebel I'm picking up Tues. I'm flying in and only have a 5.5hr drive home so nothing compared to your trip. Good luck!

1ramrunner

Reaction score
I have to ask about Penfed. I realize the discount comes after 60 days, and that you only need to deposit like $25.
For those of you that have them:
Is there a monthly fee?
Does there need to be activity such as direct deposit?
Or is the account good to go with the deposit and no other fees or requirements?
Thanks,
Jim

Pig Daddy

Reaction score
Hey All:
I thought I would jump in here as someone who just joined the board. I've been reading threads for a while and decided to sign up and jojn the discussion since I am deciding between a 1500 and 2500.

I recently signed up for Penfed $500 and am just waiting on the 60 days to elapse. I finally got the Ram Bonus cash ad to pop up. It's $1K for 2022 1500s and must take delivery by 04/20/222. Since I haven't ordered yet, it's unlikely I will be able to use that bonus cash. Hoping another one comes along?

My employer has an affiliate code but after reading through the thread, it appears that Mark Dodge can beat that pricing. Should I also sign up for Access Fund?

I guess that was question #1.

Are there typically more incentives on a 1500 than 2500?

I may try to order in the next 2-4 weeks assuming I can get my ducks in a row. If truck month starts next month, it seems like I can take the better of any incentives at time of order or take the incentives at time of delivery...Is that correct?

What am I missing so far?

Pig Daddy

Reaction score
I have to ask about Penfed. I realize the discount comes after 60 days, and that you only need to deposit like $25.
For those of you that have them:
Is there a monthly fee?
Does there need to be activity such as direct deposit?
Or is the account good to go with the deposit and no other fees or requirements?
Thanks,
Jim

I was able to locate this rate sheet.

I just signed up and have regular savings account. The only fee I have seen so far is a 5.00 charge for account setup.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know penfed doesn't stack with everything. Mark Dodge can answer that question. If you place an order in March, truck month typically has the best incentives. Between that and $500 off with affiliate pricing alone you'd be doing great even after all the MSRP increases.

sactruck

Reaction score
I picked up my ordered truck last week. Penfed does not stack with $1000 certificate I got from the Ram site or the $1000 Ram credit card rebate. I had to choose one of the three. In addition I was also able to use the $1000 Ram national rebate, $500 presidents' day rebate, and a $500 Albany NY area dealers rebate. All together I received $3000 in rebates when I bought my truck.

Whitty37

Reaction score
Hello all,

My truck hit the MD lot Saturday so will be doing the online paperwork asap. Looking at doing the "fly and drive" so does anyone have advice on airports? Coming from SC so Baton Rouge or New Orleans are really my two options. Looks like MD has free delivery within 200 miles (on website) and both are within that range so appears I can land and drive back home from the airport. Any tips on logistics?
Thanks!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

My truck hit the MD lot Saturday so will be doing the online paperwork asap. Looking at doing the "fly and drive" so does anyone have advice on airports? Coming from SC so Baton Rouge or New Orleans are really my two options. Looks like MD has free delivery within 200 miles (on website) and both are within that range so appears I can land and drive back home from the airport. Any tips on logistics?
Thanks!
Don't forget Houston. Aaron offered to deliver there as well.

shak3r

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks!
I'm catching a direct flight from DFW to LCH (their small regional airport) but I'm guessing that's a rare option.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks!
check houston (IAH) rent hertz, drive to Lake Charles (~2.5hours), and there's a Hertz drop off like 5 min from MD. there's only two flights into LCH from Houston and both arrive after 5PM.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm flying Birmingham to Houston to Lake Charles. Check flights for different days of the week. The connections into Lake Charles are limited. I did not want to fly into New Orleans and have it brought to me simply because at that point all of the opportunity to do a proper break in is completely gone.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm flying Birmingham to Houston to Lake Charles. Check flights for different days of the week. The connections into Lake Charles are limited. I did not want to fly into New Orleans and have it brought to me simply because at that point all of the opportunity to do a proper break in is completely gone.
Plus, someone else putting the first couple hundred miles on your brand new truck is just gross. 🤣

TSL

Reaction score
So they would _drive_ the new truck up to 200 miles for free delivery ? Not put it up on a trailer and haul it ?

tomme12

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks!
Mine as well. American has direct flights in Lake Charles from Charlotte. Thats what Im doing. Probably not until next week the way my schedule looks

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I spoke to them, they stated they would send two drivers, one in the new vehicle and another to bring that driver home. I thought about flying into Houston as a cheaper cost, but when I found out they would be driving my truck to pick me up, I figured it would just add more miles as I would have to drive past Lake Charles to get home. When they said they would pick me up, I assumed it was a runner or UBER or something. I decided to have the truck shipped to me and it arrived in Orlando with 25 miles it. It had 25 the day I first started negotiations (which was the same day I finalized them).

Users who are viewing this thread