5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

wvinson

Reaction score
Like others have said in previous posts, there is lots of orange peel and waves in the paint coming from the factory so you'd drive yourself crazy trying to get it "perfect".

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it's perfect to me and that's all that matters. Perfect for you is quite different I'm sure. I'm particular but not OCD. They are not a detail shop like you said but I'm happy.
I don't think it's OCD to opt out of the DISO. 🍻

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A sprayer with ONR and an inspection light? not OCD?

You didn't inspect your truck before you bought it?

Wasn't there a thread last week about a guy with a crap ton of problems because he didn't throughly inspect his truck?
A sprayer and a light? That may not be OCD enough given the expense of these trucks and the "we don't know you" attitudes some are getting when they find issues after the fact.

wvinson

Reaction score
You didn't inspect your truck before you bought it?
Of course I did. Like I said, I'm pretty particular. I checked out each panel. My last truck had a big scratch on the front bumper that they had to pay to get repainted. I just wanted it clean when I picked it up and they did a great job - - it was spotless.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of course I did. Like I said, I'm pretty particular. I checked out each panel. My last truck had a big scratch on the front bumper that they had to pay to get repainted. I just wanted it clean when I picked it up and they did a great job - - it was spotless.
I didn't need it spotless. I simply declined the scratches.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was both -- this time.
You have scratches in your paint. If Mark Dodge uses a touchless, you have fewer scratches in your paint.

If you want to see what the paint is supposed to look like, I'm down in Pensacola. 🍻

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like others have said in previous posts, there is lots of orange peel and waves in the paint coming from the factory so you'd drive yourself crazy trying to get it "perfect".
Must have missed this earlier. I wouldn't have taken the truck with orange peel or waves in the paint. That's even more work than correcting the swirls from the dealer's wash.

wvinson

Reaction score
I may, but I can't see them which is a good thing. I went with Silver this time instead of my '19 black one. I wanted less maintenance and with 4 children, I'm good with that. You must be a detailer. I used to enjoy that kind of thing with my black vehicles, but now I'd rather focus on other things. I'm sure you're good at it. My black Escalade is enough at the moment to keep damage free for as long as possible.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean, I get that. Nothing wrong with it being good enough for you. I'm not telling you that you should put the initial work into your truck that I put into mine. I'm just explaining why I won't let a dealer, even one as solid as Mark Dodge touch my paint.

1ramrunner

Reaction score
With all the focus on the top side of your new trucks, what are you doing to protect the underside? I am concerned because I live in a valley and get constant dew when it isn't freezing out. My '09 has rust problems either because of the condensation or a bad job painting at the factory. It only has 31K miles and I want to avoid this when I get my new truck.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With all the focus on the top side of your new trucks, what are you doing to protect the underside? I am concerned because I live in a valley and get constant dew when it isn't freezing out. My '09 has rust problems either because of the condensation or a bad job painting at the factory. It only has 31K miles and I want to avoid this when I get my new truck.
I give mine a thorough cleaning every other month and hit it with an undercarriage spray. I use Griot's, but imagine the stuff from CG, Adam's, etc would also work.

Derek916

Reaction score
Just a small update for ppl. Penfed no longer stacks with affiliate. So it is more lucrative to just do penfed since joining is free, but there’s a 60 day waiting period. Both options save you $500.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Truck arrived this morning. 3 days from port.
When did your truck hit the port? Mine was supposedly unloaded Sunday (2/13) but I haven't heard anything yet. Can't imagine it would take long ... it's like 2 hours from Lake Charles.

Derek916

Reaction score
When did your truck hit the port? Mine was supposedly unloaded Sunday (2/13) but I haven't heard anything yet. Can't imagine it would take long ... it's like 2 hours from Lake Charles.
Same day as yours according to the the ETA I was given by Sandi last week. She never sent me a confirmation that it arrived like she did for you though.

1645043779708.png

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Same day as yours according to the the ETA I was given by Sandi last week. She never sent me a confirmation that it arrived like she did for you though.

View attachment 120791
I emailed her on Monday asking about it and she responded yesterday. I just emailed Aaron to see if he had an update. You would think that they went together unless there are just so many they had to load on separate trucks which is entirely possible.

Here's what she sent me.

image001.png

jwortsman

Reaction score
Just a small update for ppl. Penfed no longer stacks with affiliate. So it is more lucrative to just do penfed since joining is free, but there’s a 60 day waiting period. Both options save you $500.
Did you happen to try stacking Penfed with Customer Cash from the Ram website/email?

Users who are viewing this thread