5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Why is everybody saying not to wash it? I guess that provides some protection (maybe) on the drive home? I would want a clean surface to inspect for imperfections in the paint.

Derek916

Reaction score
Grats man!!! I shouldn't be far behind you. Did Aaron call you with the news? Sandi pretty much signed off this morning when she let me know that my truck was unloaded in Port Allen on Sunday. She said there are no more updates until the truck hits the lot. Sounded a bit like a "so stop asking me every day" kind of message LOL. Nah Sandi has been GREAT!!
Lol. I asked her last week when my truck was supposed to arrive and she said 2/13. I never got a confirmation that it arrived though like you did. I assume our trucks will arrive together though.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. Let them know not to wash it. :cool:
Aaron asked me if I wanted them to wash it and I said no, so they didn't. When checking it out I noticed some very fine/light scratches on the pass side rambox. Aaron mentioned that is why he doesn't like to not wash them so they could find this kind of stuff and correct. But too late since I was ready to get behind the wheel and head home.

I told him I was taking it to a detail shop for ceramic as soon as I got home. He said if the guy charged anything extra to send him an invoice (they didn't).

Just one downside to them not washing but I imagine a bunch of downsides to them washing it!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why is everybody saying not to wash it? I guess that provides some protection (maybe) on the drive home? I would want a clean surface to inspect for imperfections in the paint.
Yeah see my other post. I have no idea how they wash them, touchless, brushes or high school kid with a bucket with week old soap/water.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Because I don't want the dirt from all the other cars they washed that week to be spread on my brand new paint. I brought a sprayer with ONR, some microfiber towels, and my inspection light. Didn't have to use any of it and my paint was perfect when I did a proper wash in my garage.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aaron asked me if I wanted them to wash it and I said no, so they didn't. When checking it out I noticed some very fine/light scratches on the pass side rambox. Aaron mentioned that is why he doesn't like to not wash them so they could find this kind of stuff and correct. But too late since I was ready to get behind the wheel and head home.

I told him I was taking it to a detail shop for ceramic as soon as I got home. He said if the guy charged anything extra to send him an invoice (they didn't).

Just one downside to them not washing but I imagine a bunch of downsides to them washing it!
There might be some things missed if they don't wash it, but there will absolutely be corrections needed if they do. I'd rather deal with a few spots here and there than have to polish the whole truck after they washed it. 🤣

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Because I don't want the dirt from all the other cars they washed that week to be spread on my brand new paint. I brought a sprayer with ONR, some microfiber towels, and my inspection light. Didn't have to use any of it and my paint was perfect when I did a proper wash in my garage.
That makes sense. When they ask I'll ask them how they wash it. The dealerships that I've purchased from have all run the vehicle through a touchless wash. I'm sure they're all different though.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That makes sense. When they ask I'll ask them how they wash it. The dealerships that I've purchased from have all run the vehicle through a touchless wash. I'm sure they're all different though.
I wouldn't let them run it through a touchless wash, either. Unless I knew for a fact they were sending it to a shop I trusted to do a proper hand wash, I'd rather take my chances that I'll have some minor correction to do on the paint when I get it home.

dxdx

Reaction score
Just reached out to Mark Dodge for a quote on Ram 1500
One of their terms is "$1000 non-refundable deposit at time of submission. This will go towards your purchase"
Is this new or everyone shopping from Mark Dodge has the same term?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just reached out to Mark Dodge for a quote on Ram 1500
One of their terms is "$1000 non-refundable deposit at time of submission. This will go towards your purchase"
Is this new or everyone shopping from Mark Dodge has the same term?
Was the same for me on an October order.

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
Oh crap, I left out the dirty pics.

I like it.
Did you order directly through Aaron? I’m out of state and used Renea Jamieson and she told me when it gets closer to being delivered to MD I’ll get handed off to someone at the dearlshop to walk me through finance, acceptance and coordinate shipping to my home. Aaron sounds like he’s on top of things.

cobrakai77584

Reaction score
I may be on the wrong thread but does anyone have a clue as to what offers ($$ or financing) usually comes out during Ram Truck month in March? I ordered my truck from MD 5 days ago and it’s already going into production this Sunday (2/20)….crazy fast!
Now that's just rubbing it in ;). I think 1K to 1.5K is the baseline. Hopefully there's some additional rebates you qualify for. I'm really hoping for 3K total as I've already secured 1.5K between first responder and targeted rebate code.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you order directly through Aaron? I’m out of state and used Renea Jamieson and she told me when it gets closer to being delivered to MD I’ll get handed off to someone at the dearlshop to walk me through finance, acceptance and coordinate shipping to my home. Aaron sounds like he’s on top of things.
I worked with Sandi. She was fantastic. I think Sandi and Renea work remotely so when you go in you'll see Aaron if he's there or someone else.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd bet my house that if you took your perfect truck to a proper detailer the day you drove it off the lot, it'd need paint correction.

That's nothing against Mark Dodge, but I don't think they send the trucks to a detailer and you're simply not going to get a perfect truck from the methods they have to use to wash the number of trucks they sell.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They're offering to do you a service and clean it up ... no need to **** all over them because it's not up to your standards. For most people running it through a wash and wiping it down is good enough.
WTF? I specifically said that it wasn't anything against them. There's a big difference between "good enough for most" and perfect.

And no, I don't see creating more work for me as doing me a service. No need to let that bother you. It's my truck, not yours.

wvinson

Reaction score
I'd bet my house that if you took your perfect truck to a proper detailer the day you drove it off the lot, it'd need paint correction.

That's nothing against Mark Dodge, but I don't think they send the trucks to a detailer and you're simply not going to get a perfect truck from the methods they have to use to wash the number of trucks they sell.
it's perfect to me and that's all that matters. Perfect for you is quite different I'm sure. I'm particular but not OCD. They are not a detail shop like you said but I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread