5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
Ok, I was just wondering if it causes problems for the folks at Mark Dodge. I really want to buy from them, but if I can get it close by and not have to pay for shipping or make the 11 hour round trip, I’d rather get it close. Plus, I want or get PPF installed ASAP. A 300 mile trip home is a long way to go without getting rock chips.
You can always do what I did and install temporary PPF. I highly recommend track armor. I installed it on the entire front bumper/grill/hood at the dealership - after a quick rinseless wash with a spray bottle and a couple microfibers - before I drove off the lot. I had a 6 hour drive through the backroads of East Texas and didn't want rock chips or bugs to screw up my brand new truck.

Track Armor worked flawlessly. No dings or chips or etched bug guts. It came off very easy and only left a handful of small adhesive spots that came right off with some goo gone and a microfiber. It was on the truck for about 10 hours when I removed it.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can always do what I did and install temporary PPF. I highly recommend track armor. I installed it on the entire front bumper/grill/hood at the dealership - after a quick rinseless wash with a spray bottle and a couple microfibers - before I drove off the lot. I had a 6 hour drive through the backroads of East Texas and didn't want rock chips or bugs to screw up my brand new truck.

Track Armor worked flawlessly. No dings or chips or etched bug guts. It came off very easy and only left a handful of small adhesive spots that came right off with some goo gone and a microfiber. It was on the truck for about 10 hours when I removed it.

I had two 350+ mile legs home from MD. I carried track Armor with me but in the excitement I didn’t put it on for the first leg. But did for the second.

As soon as I got home took it off and the next day took it to my tint/PPF guy. He called and said there were three, in his words HUGE, rock chips but in reality not bad at all. Took them some touch up paint so they fixed before putting on the real PPF. Cannot even see them now.

Definitely use track armor!! Cheap protection!!

GoTide

Reaction score
They took my deposit via CC <2 weeks ago. Maybe you mis-heard and she said she would take a CC for deposit. There are numerous stories on here in other threads about people having delivered and if there were any issues they were either made right by MD or MD helped with a local dealer/warranty coverage.
They took my CC on the 31st, but Renae said they have a policy change coming through starting Feb 1st where all deposits are wired. This eliminates giving your CC number to them over the phone, which in turn they call in to finance (security issue). There are also security issues on their end as well that are eliminated as well with a wire.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I was just wondering if it causes problems for the folks at Mark Dodge. I really want to buy from them, but if I can get it close by and not have to pay for shipping or make the 11 hour round trip, I’d rather get it close. Plus, I want or get PPF installed ASAP. A 300 mile trip home is a long way to go without getting rock chips.
I didn't even bother with PPF after my last two trucks got rock chips anyway after lots of towing on the highway. Figured this time around, I'll just save my money and pay to get the bumper and mirrors painted when it starts to bother me.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm mostly on the line between hoping it gets here soon enough to cash in the $2500 in current incentives and hoping it comes in late enough to hold over until March when they should be better. Gamble gamble.

Scoring another 4K off between incentives, tread lightly and the $1000 bonus cash is pretty awesome either way. Of course that's fake internet talk. 😝
Lol, no way you're getting that good of a deal.

We just got back from a week in the camper and that highway drive is so comfortable in the Ram. I am annoyed that I didn't get my passenger side foam inserts. Almost ruins the truck. :ROFLMAO:

Southside

Reaction score
So far, I got a really good price along with $1750 of locked in incentives. Obviously, it’s going to be a long time until the truck arrives, but I want to start getting any future discounts lined up. Sandi says I can only apply those once the truck arrives. So far I’m looking at $500 through my wife’s work, a $500 program through Ram for my employment, and maybe the $500 through Tread Lightly. I’m not sure if these are all stackable. I don’t want to spend the money on the Tread Lightly until I know that I can use it with other discounts. Do I have to wait until the truck arrives to see if Ram has anything additional right before delivery? I’m just trying to figure out where else I can save money. Because saved money means more money for mods, ya know.
Did you get the $1k code through the ramtrucks.com site? I think it would stack.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get the $1k code through the ramtrucks.com site? I think it would stack.
Wow, I didn’t see a $1K discount code offer. I’ll look again. I’m assuming it has an expiration date. How long does it last once you open it? I’m assuming my truck won’t come in for 5+ months.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Same drive for me since I live east of Dallas. But, for what I’m going to spend on gas, time, food etc. I might just have it trailered to me. I’ll have to think about it. If I end up driving it back, I’ll definitely use the Track Armor. I plan on having PPF installed when it gets to me.

Southside

Reaction score
Wow, I didn’t see a $1K discount code offer. I’ll look again. I’m assuming it has an expiration date. How long does it last once you open it? I’m assuming my truck won’t come in for 5+ months.
here is a Link to the posts with the iinfo.They all expire 4/26, so dont wait.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here is a Link to the posts with the iinfo.They all expire 4/26, so dont wait.
Yup, I found it a while ago, filled it out and got my code. Problem is that it says I have to take delivery by the 4/26 date. I highly doubt my truck will be built and delivered that soon. My order will be placed tomorrow. Sandi says they are seeing 10 to 25 week lead times on orders right now.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Do any of you send your build sheet (quote) from Mark Dodge to dealers close to you to see what they will do? I called the dealership that I bought my current truck from (20 min from me) and gave them the price I was quoted from Mark Dodge and they said they weren’t interested. He didn’t even want to discuss it after I gave him the price. It’s like I offended him or something.
yes, If you like a little shameless Fun, shop a MD quote around and watch sales managers and reps get real Butthurt at how much money they would lose matching it. it is offending to them because its so low it demolishes any ability for them to grab your cash

Hasti17

Reaction score
I really wish we knew true cost of these trucks especially considering many of us are saving 15K-20K buying from M**k D***e instead of buying locally.
you could do some extrapolation, i distinctly recall their earnings reports including information on product margin. id look for that by segment (i/e Pickup trucks) im pretty sure its close to 40%. pick three time periods, one with normal market conditions pre 2020, one in early 2020 when their discounts were silly, and one as close to the end of 2021 as possible (no incentives).

compare the relative margin @ the time period to the approximate value of the discounts, and youll get an idea for margin.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Yup, I found it a while ago, filled it out and got my code. Problem is that it says I have to take delivery by the 4/26 date. I highly doubt my truck will be built and delivered that soon. My order will be placed tomorrow. Sandi says they are seeing 10 to 25 week lead times on orders right now.
Mine says delivery by 4/6..... 4/26 would be more better.

Edit: did the code thing again, and now it's a 4/8 expiration.

wvinson

Reaction score

I feel bad for you guys having to wait wait so long for your truck when the one I wanted just happened to be on Mark Dodge's lot when I checked their website.

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score

Looks like it's a 2 month coupon. Just grab a new one each week until they stop popping up. I would imagine they'll run that coupon for at least February.

J2048B

Reaction score
I just registered here, But found this group in another forum, I ordered my 3500 megacab srw limited thru Maurice there at Mark dodge....

this was after i had previously ordered a 3500 srw megacab h.o. Laramie thru a different dealership super close to home, 3 hrs away, hell id rather fly and drive it home then deal with lies.......once my original order from november recently hit D1 status, they (my original order from local dealer) turned around and told me it was going to be an extra 5k from what originally was quoted....i instantly said nope, not taking that truck when i can go thru Mark Dodge and get a limited for a few thousand more.... no need for the h.o. ( as ordered thru original dealer) im only towing a 150 series grand design 5er.....

So i said ill just get my truck thru Mark Dodge and fly out once its finished and drive it back home...now just to wait again 18-25 weeks as they estimate...

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just registered here, But found this group in another forum, I ordered my 3500 megacab srw limited thru Maurice there at Mark dodge....

this was after i had previously ordered a 3500 srw megacab h.o. Laramie thru a different dealership super close to home, 3 hrs away, hell id rather fly and drive it home then deal with lies.......once my original order from november recently hit D1 status, they (my original order from local dealer) turned around and told me it was going to be an extra 5k from what originally was quoted....i instantly said nope, not taking that truck when i can go thru Mark Dodge and get a limited for a few thousand more.... no need for the h.o. ( as ordered thru original dealer) im only towing a 150 series grand design 5er.....

So i said ill just get my truck thru Mark Dodge and fly out once its finished and drive it back home...now just to wait again 18-25 weeks as they estimate...
Worth the wait!! Get the truck you want and no hassle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online