5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, after trying multiple dealers around me, nobody would come close to the deal I’m getting from Sandi at MD. So, I sent her my info and should be finalizing my order on Monday. I’m looking forward to getting my new truck. And, I’m going to try to be patient. I appreciate this forum and it’s members for all the information found here.

Nova90

Reaction score
I'm talking to the folks at Mark Dodge about ordering a Ram. I just sold a vehicle so I'll be paying cash. They won't take a credit card for the $1000 down payment, they want the money wired to them. And when the truck comes in they say they will send me pics and video and they want the entire purchase price wired to them before they will deliver. Anybody else done this? I'm thinking it sounds more fair to pay half when the dealer gets it then the other half after I take delivery. Who has experience or feedback about this?
They took a credit card from me for the $1,000 initial deposit to order the truck. Once they got the truck in, yes you need to wire payment before they will release the truck to a third party shipping company. They want the truck paid for before it leaves their lot. I think that is pretty typical.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, they really don't.

Capitalism is awesome.

Yep, they want more business they should earn it like MD does. I'm tremendously thankful for seeing their name mentioned so many times on here, eventually it got through to me to contact them. Wish I didn't waste so much time beforehand.

Sorry some people overpaid and are resentful apparently, but anyone we can save here it's completely worth it!

I'd buy again from MD in a heartbeat from 1500 miles away. No one else closer has been proven enough to be worth working with.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, they want more business they should earn it like MD does. I'm tremendously thankful for seeing their name mentioned so many times on here, eventually it got through to me to contact them. Wish I didn't waste so much time beforehand.

Sorry some people overpaid and are resentful apparently, but anyone we can save here it's completely worth it!

I'd buy again from MD in a heartbeat from 1500 miles away. No one else closer has been proven enough to be worth working with.
This franc944 dude having a meltdown tried to claim that Mark Dodge prices were fake Internet talk.

Hard to tell whether he's a customer who got ripped off and is mad about it, or a dealer ripping people off who is mad about it.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This franc944 dude having a meltdown tried to claim that Mark Dodge prices were fake Internet talk.

Hard to tell whether he's a customer who got ripped off and is mad about it, or a dealer ripping people off who is mad about it.
Based on previous posts and where he ordered from he's just a dude paying MSRP minus incentives hoping his dealer will take affiliate pricing after finding out about it in all of this forum's talks about.... Dodge, Mark Dodge. Mark Dodge's Mark Dodge 🤣

I've definitely seen far worse pricing though.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm talking to the folks at Mark Dodge about ordering a Ram. I just sold a vehicle so I'll be paying cash. They won't take a credit card for the $1000 down payment, they want the money wired to them. And when the truck comes in they say they will send me pics and video and they want the entire purchase price wired to them before they will deliver. Anybody else done this? I'm thinking it sounds more fair to pay half when the dealer gets it then the other half after I take delivery. Who has experience or feedback about this?
This is standard practice, the devilery of the truck is by a 3rd party, not MD. I heard of one issue were a truck had a scratch and MD took care of it. Although if you are within thier free delivery miles that maybe different. Although I know where you are coming from it hard to trust anyone or business this days.

jwortsman

Reaction score
They took my deposit via CC <2 weeks ago. Maybe you mis-heard and she said she would take a CC for deposit. There are numerous stories on here in other threads about people having delivered and if there were any issues they were either made right by MD or MD helped with a local dealer/warranty coverage.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They may have run into situations where their deposits are not going through (people disputing to get a nonrefundable deposit refunded). I paid with my debit card and I plan to wire the balance. I asked if there was a way to send funds with a certified check and they told me yes but that they would have to wait until funds officially cleared because they've had issues with checks in the past.

I believe they get invoiced when the truck gets a window sticker. I know that in order to price protect you, a dealer has to close the deal within 14 days of the day the vehicle is received by the dealership. If you paid in halves then there's a good chance that you'd be past the time-frame for price protection and there is a huge risk of not getting paid to the dealership. Fraud does exist, especially with a cash deal and there's a big market for shipping stolen cars overseas. A dealership's insurance and FCA probably doesn't allow them to make such a deal.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Based on previous posts and where he ordered from he's just a dude paying MSRP minus incentives hoping his dealer will take affiliate pricing after finding out about it in all of this forum's talks about.... Dodge, Mark Dodge. Mark Dodge's Mark Dodge 🤣

I've definitely seen far worse pricing though.
Yeah, it could be a lot worse.

Bet you're starting to get pretty excited.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Is there a list of sales people at Mark Dodge that people contact?

I sent an e-mail to Aaron Ginsburgh ([email protected]) at Mark Dodge and curious what is the wait time for a reply before moving on to another sales person.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a list of sales people at Mark Dodge that people contact?

I sent an e-mail to Aaron Ginsburgh ([email protected]) at Mark Dodge and curious what is the wait time for a reply before moving on to another sales person.
Aaron is the man! Call the main phone number and ask for him. I imagine he is swamped with emails. Having said that he has always returned my emails within a few hours.. So this delay makes me think your email fell through the cracks or went to spam. Call him.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, it could be a lot worse.

Bet you're starting to get pretty excited.
I'm mostly on the line between hoping it gets here soon enough to cash in the $2500 in current incentives and hoping it comes in late enough to hold over until March when they should be better. Gamble gamble.

Scoring another 4K off between incentives, tread lightly and the $1000 bonus cash is pretty awesome either way. Of course that's fake internet talk. 😝

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far, I got a really good price along with $1750 of locked in incentives. Obviously, it’s going to be a long time until the truck arrives, but I want to start getting any future discounts lined up. Sandi says I can only apply those once the truck arrives. So far I’m looking at $500 through my wife’s work, a $500 program through Ram for my employment, and maybe the $500 through Tread Lightly. I’m not sure if these are all stackable. I don’t want to spend the money on the Tread Lightly until I know that I can use it with other discounts. Do I have to wait until the truck arrives to see if Ram has anything additional right before delivery? I’m just trying to figure out where else I can save money. Because saved money means more money for mods, ya know.

Users who are viewing this thread