5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

Hasti17

Reaction score
What is everyone’s experience with time from an initial contact attempt to a response? I emailed last week, but haven’t had any reply back. I realize Aaron and team are obviously very popular and likely get a lot of email, and I don’t want to be ‘one of those’ individuals, so I’m just trying to get an idea of whether or not I should try again or follow-up.
Call them brother, Say you are looking to place a factory order, and for sandi or aaron as they are the only two who place orders directly. i only emailed them AFTER calling, had the whole process wrapped up in 4 hours because aaron was expecting my email.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I emailed Aaron to begin with and Sandi responded VERY quickly. This was before production started though. Over the past several months I think I've seen where a few people sent emails but they never landed at their destination after talking to Aaron on the phone. If they're having email issues, then there's a good chance communications aren't landing in their inboxes.

GoTide

Reaction score
Quick question. Has anyone swapped out the factory tires with a different set at Mark Dodge? Is that a thing? It looks like the Limiteds are now getting Pirelli Scorpion Verde's from the factory. Though I think that's better than Bridgestones or the Goodyear Touring tires, I still prefer the Falken Wildpeak AT's, or the Cooper Discoverer AT3's. Just curious.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question. Has anyone swapped out the factory tires with a different set at Mark Dodge? Is that a thing? It looks like the Limiteds are now getting Pirelli Scorpion Verde's from the factory. Though I think that's better than Bridgestones or the Goodyear Touring tires, I still prefer the Falken Wildpeak AT's, or the Cooper Discoverer AT3's. Just curious.
Watching this, if they do that would be awesome, i have the off road at3 or something on mine and would like a bit more aggressive tire. I am sure they will put anything you want on them if you pay full price. But a discount on different ones would be 👍

GoTide

Reaction score
Watching this, if they do that would be awesome, i have the off road at3 or something on mine and would like a bit more aggressive tire. I am sure they will put anything you want on them if you pay full price. But a discount on different ones would be 👍
I saw a thread on another board where they said that they did this at their dealership, and the wording could insinuate that it was a clean swap. I personally can't see that being the case. The response was vague at best, and I have no idea who their dealer was. I'm with you. I'd love to find out that there is a credit for the factory tires and pay a reasonable difference vs paying full retail for the Falkens or Coopers, and dealing with selling the Pirelli's to an individual.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do any of you send your build sheet (quote) from Mark Dodge to dealers close to you to see what they will do? I called the dealership that I bought my current truck from (20 min from me) and gave them the price I was quoted from Mark Dodge and they said they weren’t interested. He didn’t even want to discuss it after I gave him the price. It’s like I offended him or something.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I got a new POC with VIN now assigned and just curious about a change. It now has the following:
Sales Code - 4UQ
Description - T3AC
MSRP - $0
FWP - $125

I asked MD what this was, and they just said it doesn’t affect me.

What is also wierd is that the following was deleted:
Sales Code - 163
Description - Zone 63-Dallas

Anybody know what this is? Thanks
So my understanding is that Zone 63 is the district that Mark Dodge is in. Not sure on the sales code.
Do any of you send your build sheet (quote) from Mark Dodge to dealers close to you to see what they will do? I called the dealership that I bought my current truck from (20 min from me) and gave them the price I was quoted from Mark Dodge and they said they weren’t interested. He didn’t even want to discuss it after I gave him the price. It’s like I offended him or something.
I did and most of them did not reply to me. The one that did tried to convince me that I was better off paying MSRP through them because I would get the best service imaginable from them.....bear in mind their reputation is for pretty lackluster service. 🤣

RufPNW

Reaction score
I am in the seattle corridor. They're getting away with "market adjustment" of 10k in a few places but most seem to be doing 5-7k above MSRP.

I don't think theyre offended. They just know there are way way too many out there waiting to be hoodwinked.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried sending mine to near and far (out of state) no one came close to md. Some dealerships said that price is impossible unless i have a control number. I told i dont need any number with md and they will get my numbers on a check! 🤣

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I was just wondering if it causes problems for the folks at Mark Dodge. I really want to buy from them, but if I can get it close by and not have to pay for shipping or make the 11 hour round trip, I’d rather get it close. Plus, I want or get PPF installed ASAP. A 300 mile trip home is a long way to go without getting rock chips.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I was just wondering if it causes problems for the folks at Mark Dodge. I really want to buy from them, but if I can get it close by and not have to pay for shipping or make the 11 hour round trip, I’d rather get it close. Plus, I want or get PPF installed ASAP. A 300 mile trip home is a long way to go without getting rock chips.
Well for me it made cents😆truly saving 10k now 13k if you count the price hike. So to spend $1500 to $2000 for shipping is not a issue. Do want you think is best. I never been the guy to sit at a dealership and deal with the salesman running back and forth to the sales manager playing number games..i am known by my family and friends as a car salesperson worse nightmare. I will not play by thier rules. I know what i want and qualify for so dont insult me. A guy from church tried to sale me a car, and i told him respectful i would not deal with him because he would end up hating me and told him in fair warning i am a real bast@rd. Well he did not speak to me in church for 2 years, and the first thing he said afterwards was, do you know i quit that job two weeks after i sold you you 4runner? I said sorry but i gave you full warning about me. He said your right, and i never ran into a 10 foot rattlesnake 🐍 inside a dealership. I hate the game so i will not play. MD does not play games, seem all they want to do is help and make sure you are getting what u need.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well for me it made cents😆truly saving 10k now 13k if you count the price hike. So to spend $1500 to $2000 for shipping is not a issue. Do want you think is best. I never been the guy to sit at a dealership and deal with the salesman running back and forth to the sales manager playing number games..i am known by my family and friends as a car salesperson worse nightmare. I will not play by thier rules. I know what i want and qualify for so dont insult me. A guy from church tried to sale me a car, and i told him respectful i would not deal with him because he would end up hating me and told him in fair warning i am a real bast@rd. Well he did not speak to me in church for 2 years, and the first thing he said afterwards was, do you know i quit that job two weeks after i sold you you 4runner? I said sorry but i gave you full warning about me. He said your right, and i never ran into a 10 foot rattlesnake 🐍 inside a dealership. I hate the game so i will not play. MD does not play games, seem all they want to do is help and make sure you are getting what u need.
Gotcha. I hate buying vehicles. I hate being bothered by sales people anywhere. Except for Sandi at Mark Dodge. She has been great. I just need to place my order and be done with it.

Last edited:

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's how a couple I was speaking with acted. A few didn't contact me again. Only one tried to come close, but they couldn't beat MD and couldn't order the Southwest Edition.

If they're acting like that, it's probably because they know they're ripping people off and aren't happy about getting caught doing it.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really wish we knew true cost of these trucks especially considering many of us are saving 15K-20K buying from M**k D***e instead of buying locally.

Jimbopops#1

Reaction score
I'm talking to the folks at Mark Dodge about ordering a Ram. I just sold a vehicle so I'll be paying cash. They won't take a credit card for the $1000 down payment, they want the money wired to them. And when the truck comes in they say they will send me pics and video and they want the entire purchase price wired to them before they will deliver. Anybody else done this? I'm thinking it sounds more fair to pay half when the dealer gets it then the other half after I take delivery. Who has experience or feedback about this?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn’t buy from Mark Dodge is a fool (now I’m one of the cool kids for being a MD fanboy)
I'm sorry if you got ripped off by your local dealer, but you need to move on with your life, friend.

Users who are viewing this thread