5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for waiting! I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! There is no ETA listed at this time. I recommend keeping in touch with your dealer.

Crap, now it's gonna get here before Ram Truck Month!

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
So, I just ordered my Rebel from MD. I am a little confused on the Tread Lightly. Should I join at the $100 level, and what will that get me in return? I understand that you need to be a member for 30 days. Thanks.
They take the additional $500 off the sale price agreed on, so you also save the tax too. Other rebates come off after, I.e. - PenFed and national incentives. I joined Access Fund, before that went away. Since I already had the membership, I was still able to generate a control number last week and MD honored it, no problem.

PenFed was free to join, just open an account with them. They required 60 days. My build took twice that long.

TSL

Reaction score
They take the additional $500 off the sale price agreed on, so you also save the tax too. Other rebates come off after, I.e. - PenFed and national incentives. I joined Access Fund, before that went away. Since I already had the membership, I was still able to generate a control number last week and MD honored it, no problem.

PenFed was free to join, just open an account with them. They required 60 days. My build took twice that long.
Is it necessary to have the Tread Lightly membership at the time of ordering or at the time when the vehicle arrives at the dealer and the final paperwork is being done ? I put my order in with MD on Jan 15th and have an agreed sales price locked in. Don't have Tread Lightly membership at this time. Keep seeing it mentioned on this forum and thinking maybe I need to pay a little more attention ! Pretty sure I still have a good bit more than 30 days before my truck will show up, it's not quite 2 wks ago I signed the order papers.

Johnnyiiiii

Reaction score
Is it necessary to have the Tread Lightly membership at the time of ordering or at the time when the vehicle arrives at the dealer and the final paperwork is being done ? I put my order in with MD on Jan 15th and have an agreed sales price locked in. Don't have Tread Lightly membership at this time. Keep seeing it mentioned on this forum and thinking maybe I need to pay a little more attention ! Pretty sure I still have a good bit more than 30 days before my truck will show up, it's not quite 2 wks ago I signed the order papers.
Just need 2 things, both at time of delivery: proof of membership and an FCA affiliate control number. Aaron actually sent me the link to get the control number, but I had generated mine 2 days before he emailed me. 😊

I worked with Sandi, and I asked her, via email, if that membership would help. She replied that since they were already below affiliate pricing that they would just give me an extra $500 off at delivery. So, I’d recommend asking/confirming the same, then go for it. You should have the 30 days, I had about that after I went D-1.

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
Just need 2 things, both at time of delivery: proof of membership and an FCA affiliate control number. Aaron actually sent me the link to get the control number, but I had generated mine 2 days before he emailed me. 😊

I worked with Sandi, and I asked her, via email, if that membership would help. She replied that since they were already below affiliate pricing that they would just give me an extra $500 off at delivery. So, I’d recommend asking/confirming the same, then go for it. You should have the 30 days, I had about that after I went D-1.
I did not do that one, but I had my PenFed account. And the day before signing the papers they let me generate the TruCar $500 coupon. I don't think other dealers would have done that.

Southside

Reaction score
It is also worth checking with your employers HR department to see if they're affiliate memebers. My employer was, and most people I asked at work were not aware of it. Here is an list from 2018. The pricing you have is likely already better than affiliate, but you can print the $500 coupon.

Attachments

• Affiliate List.pdf
    668.5 KB · Views: 28

tomme12

Reaction score
It is also worth checking with your employers HR department to see if they're affiliate memebers. My employer was, and most people I asked at work were not aware of it. Here is an list from 2018. The pricing you have is likely already better than affiliate, but you can print the $500 coupon.
I already have the Tread lightly $500 for my incoming truck. Will it stack with this list as well? My wife's company is on the list. Or would it be only (1) affiliated pricing discount and not stacked?

Southside

Reaction score
I already have the Tread lightly $500 for my incoming truck. Will it stack with this list as well? My wife's company is on the list. Or would it be only (1) affiliated pricing discount and not stacked?
I'm not sure, and maybe on a dealer by dealer basis, but since its free I would print it and try.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well made it back home after picking up my truck on Wednesday morning. I'll do a more complete write up soon. Truck is filthy and its dark so I'll take pics after I get the ceramic on.

And FWIW I put Track Armor on for the last leg home (all interstate 370 miles). Looked like crap but appears to have done it's job. Pulled it off as soon as I got home, no residue, would never know it was there. It was on for about 8 hours. If you decide to use it make sure you do not cover the parking sensors, otherwise they will squawk at ya. I had to stop and cut out around the sensors.

It was a total of 24 hours after a detour to visit relatives but it was worth it and got to shake Aaron's hand. Charles was also very helpful running us through all the features! Great job Mark Dodge!!
IMG_1395.jpg IMG_1396.jpg

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well made it back home after picking up my truck on Wednesday morning. I'll do a more complete write up soon. Truck is filthy and its dark so I'll take pics after I get the ceramic on.

And FWIW I put Track Armor on for the last leg home (all interstate 370 miles). Looked like crap but appears to have done it's job. Pulled it off as soon as I got home, no residue, would never know it was there. It was on for about 8 hours. If you decide to use it make sure you do not cover the parking sensors, otherwise they will squawk at ya. I had to stop and cut out around the sensors.

It was a total of 24 hours after a detour to visit relatives but it was worth it and got to shake Aaron's hand. Charles was also very helpful running us through all the features! Great job Mark Dodge!!
View attachment 118790 View attachment 118791
I'm gonna drool over your MFT and Ramboxes

wvinson

Reaction score

View attachment 118790 View attachment 118791
I just got back an hour ago from the 9 1/2 hour trek from Mark Dodge also. Mine looks like yours except silver. 660 miles later, it's still pretty clean -- just a few bugs and a rock chip in the windshield from Baton Rouge. Tony, my salesman, was very helpful, quick, and nice. Also enjoyed meeting Jason Hedgecock. Mark Dodge figured out the way too sell 400 trucks/month. I'm sure I'll be going back in a couple of years.

wvinson

Reaction score
One of the best surprises was my truck doesn't have the stop start crap -- not even a button to shut off the feature!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One of the best surprises was my truck doesn't have the stop start crap -- not even a button to shut off the feature!
Ram did a great job with this feature.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got back an hour ago from the 9 1/2 hour trek from Mark Dodge also. Mine looks like yours except silver. 660 miles later, it's still pretty clean -- just a few bugs and a rock chip in the windshield from Baton Rouge. Tony, my salesman, was very helpful, quick, and nice. Also enjoyed meeting Jason Hedgecock. Mark Dodge figured out the way too sell 400 trucks/month. I'm sure I'll be going back in a couple of years.
Damn Sorry your windshield got chipped! Bummer! Hopefully this truck will outlast me! If not I'll definitely use MD!

And I asked them not to wash mine so it has ALL of the travel grime on it!!

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Glad you were able to find a truck. Let's see some pictures

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had Mark Dodge ship their truck to them instead of going to get it? If so, what was that experience like?

Users who are viewing this thread