5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Updates?

Philth

Reaction score
Can anybody chime in on the U5 map updates? Some say they are OTA and if they are, I don't believe mine are up to date. Current installed version says March of 2022.
When I go to https://stellantis.navshop.com/#/downloads and punch in our truck, there is a March 2023 version available for download to a USB stick. 2023-07-05_9-16-50.jpg

Problem is Map 1 and 2 are not a downloadable file. When I click on the link, instead of downloading a file, it looks like a bunch of XML text loads. So I'm not entirely sure how this update process is supposed to work?
Here is what Map 1 looks like when I try to download it:
2023-07-05_9-19-47.jpg

@RamCares any input on this?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can anybody chime in on the U5 map updates? Some say they are OTA and if they are, I don't believe mine are up to date. Current installed version says March of 2022.
When I go to https://stellantis.navshop.com/#/downloads and punch in our truck, there is a March 2023 version available for download to a USB stick. View attachment 162216

Problem is Map 1 and 2 are not a downloadable file. When I click on the link, instead of downloading a file, it looks like a bunch of XML text loads. So I'm not entirely sure how this update process is supposed to work?
Here is what Map 1 looks like when I try to download it:
View attachment 162217

@RamCares any input on this?

Hi Philth,

Thanks for giving us a shout! We appreciate you sharing this with our team. We've received similar feedback from owners and notified the proper internal teams for further investigation. However, we can reach back once an update is available!

Steph
Ram Cares

Philth

Reaction score
Hi Philth,

Thanks for giving us a shout! We appreciate you sharing this with our team. We've received similar feedback from owners and notified the proper internal teams for further investigation. However, we can reach back once an update is available!

Steph
Ram Cares
Thanks. So I guess the initial question is, Are the map updates OTA or updated via USB?

cliffsta

Reaction score
FWIW my 2023 built in November/December of 2022 has the March ‘22 map on it as well.

I’ll be following these map threads closely as I’d love to update the TomTom to something more recent as soon as I see someone else with a 2023 UC5 12” and digital dash successfully do it ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8584.jpeg
    IMG_8584.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 11

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, duplicate post. Will keep my response in this thread:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread