5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Update Out of Stock

DennisY

Reaction score
Well for starters 2019-2021 was done by a company named HERE.
2022+ is from Tom Tom.

Guessing the formatting is different then. Anyway, I ordered my update on May 30. Still no word on shipping. That is totally crazy if you ask me. This isn't like some special part is required and is coming in by slow boat from Asia.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I just went to the site and still get the out-of-stock message.
I have been checking off and on since I have owned my truck.
If orders are shipping, how can the update be out of stock?

1688529593204.png

DennisY

Reaction score
I ordered 5 or 6 weeks ago and have not received mine. Pretty lame if you ask me.

ram813ltd

Reaction score
Thanks Malodave, I realize that but still wanted to update my truck NAV. I too regularly update my Garmins but I don't actually use them anymore. Much nicer to me to use the truck NAV.
google maps is updated continuously just plug usb from your phone or get a $99 motorola or such dongle and use it wirelessly on your screen. uconnect/ maps is outdated system and ram uses tomtom now and thats just a step sideways. i wonder if since ram switched to tomtom uconnect is just dragging their feet in revenge

ram813ltd

Reaction score
I don't understand how software can be out of stock. All you need is the file. You can use your own thumb drive.
actually GM uses the same system and theirs you can edit the VIN with notepad or word. should be the same with uconnect but you still need access to the new usb stick

DennisY

Reaction score
google maps is updated continuously just plug usb from your phone or get a $99 motorola or such dongle and use it wirelessly on your screen. uconnect/ maps is outdated system and ram uses tomtom now and thats just a step sideways. i wonder if since ram switched to tomtom uconnect is just dragging their feet in revenge

Yabut not for me. Having the map (using Google Maps, Waze, Mapquest or any others) so small on the screen just isn't for me. I like the built in navigation much better.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yabut not for me. Having the map (using Google Maps, Waze, Mapquest or any others) so small on the screen just isn't for me. I like the built in navigation much better.
I hear people say this all the timez but it's not even that small. 5 years ago, it would have been a huge navigation screen, even only using what android auto does. And the only thing you really gain is more of the surrounding area on the screen

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I hear people say this all the timez but it's not even that small. 5 years ago, it would have been a huge navigation screen, even only using what android auto does. And the only thing you really gain is more of the surrounding area on the screen
I mean people get the 12 inch screen because they want to use it. It's a fair complaint imo.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean people get the 12 inch screen because they want to use it. It's a fair complaint imo.
I actually like not having the navigation take over the whole display. There is more that can be done on the display than just one thing at a time.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope Ram goes to a Google operating system in the next refresh. I have it on my GMC and really happy with it. Google maps IS the nav system. No more outdated nav system maps. I don't even use Android Auto any more. Full map on the 13" screen. Siriusxm on the main IP (along with gauges) . Speed on the heads up.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I hope Ram goes to a Google operating system in the next refresh. I have it on my GMC and really happy with it. Google maps IS the nav system. No more outdated nav system maps. I don't even use Android Auto any more. Full map on the 13" screen. Siriusxm on the main IP (along with gauges) . Speed on the heads up.
UC5 already runs on a Google operation system.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '21 came with '19 maps. Two years out of date on a new Truck.
The updates are waiting until they AGE to 2 years before they will ship them.
The Garmin Nuvi I have gets quarterly Map Updates.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread