5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Update Out of Stock

DennisY

Reaction score
Ah yes, I was able to order today as well. Finally. Wonder if my shaking the tree via email with them prompted a fix. Regardless, just happy to be able to order it while on sale.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The email they sent stated:

Processing may vary up to 36 hours depending on when your order was placed.

It has been a week now without shipment info.

Malodave

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
The email they sent stated:

Processing may vary up to 36 hours depending on when your order was placed.

It has been a week now without shipment info.

Malodave
Sounds the same as Mopar website, I ordered parts that were supposed to ship the same day. Well, 1 week later still not shipped.
They sent me a tracking number right away but UPS still shows "shipment ready for UPS"
Getting tired of all these places blaming "supply chain" "labor shortage" "insert excuse here" as a cop out for their own mediocrity.
Rant over

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe they will ship USPS not UPS.

The workers may Strike next month at UPS.

Malodave

DennisY

Reaction score
Emailed CS asking for an Update on Delivery. It's been two weeks and no Shipment yet.

Any response from them? I know they are slow to answer emails but... Two weeks since ordering for me too. It doesn't seem like rocket science to get this product out even though it is tied to our VIN. As some have said, this should be an online download, perhaps even direct to the vehicle. Very disappointing.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any response from them? I know they are slow to answer emails but... Two weeks since ordering for me too. It doesn't seem like rocket science to get this product out even though it is tied to our VIN. As some have said, this should be an online download, perhaps even direct to the vehicle. Very disappointing.
This is what I got from HERE:

Hello David,

Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies. The product you ordered is currently on backorder. Once your order is shipped you will receive a confirmation email with your tracking number. We do apologize about the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.
Kind regards,
HERE Technologies
Customer Service

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should order some USBs and send it to HERE Technologies. Hopefully that will help them with back order......:ROFLMAO:
But they are soooo expensive
$2.80 a drive for a 10 pack of 16GB ones.

Maybe when the sale ends they can hike the price to $350 and then will be in-stock.

I would be more likely to buy a GPS unit then buy maps if my truck didn't get free updates which it does. And I like my built in nav too!

AussieRon

Reaction score
Sorry, I am new here. I bought a 2019 Laramie Longhorn in May of 2018 (no e-torque). It has the 12" Uconnect system. I am confused about purchasing the map updates. When going to the website for the Uconnect navigation updates (Chryslergroup.navigation.com) it asks for your application version which if out of date is supposed to allow you to download an updated file. When I put in my version number it tells me that "product not found". I spoke to them and they told me that the updates are downloaded automatically and that my system had the latest update. How do you know if you have the latest version if you guys are buying USB drives with the updates? Was I misinformed? It's not a huge deal since I use Waze through car play but I like to have the truck in good working order and any software/firmware to be the most up to date. My system has version USA-KR-SBX-20.10.0-20180312-K09M Can anybody clarify this for me? Thanks!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am new here. I bought a 2019 Laramie Longhorn in May of 2018 (no e-torque). It has the 12" Uconnect system. I am confused about purchasing the map updates. When going to the website for the Uconnect navigation updates (Chryslergroup.navigation.com) it asks for your application version which if out of date is supposed to allow you to download an updated file. When I put in my version number it tells me that "product not found". I spoke to them and they told me that the updates are downloaded automatically and that my system had the latest update. How do you know if you have the latest version if you guys are buying USB drives with the updates? Was I misinformed? It's not a huge deal since I use Waze through car play but I like to have the truck in good working order and any software/firmware to be the most up to date. My system has version USA-KR-SBX-20.10.0-20180312-K09M Can anybody clarify this for me? Thanks!
It's on your system information page.
This is an example of one
USA-SBX-12.1-PR-36.1.0-20200330-P0E0
This is another example of one
USA-SBX-12.1-LR-34.4.0-20210107-LFRM

Both work when entered in on that website

This picture isn't mine but there is what it looks like
1687464256142.png

Maps are out of stock and not letting you order anyways so good luck.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's on your system information page.
This is an example of one
USA-SBX-12.1-PR-36.1.0-20200330-P0E0
This is another example of one
USA-SBX-12.1-LR-34.4.0-20210107-LFRM

Both work when entered in on that website

This picture isn't mine but there is what it looks like
View attachment 161307

Maps are out of stock and not letting you order anyways so good luck.

Strange. Ordered mine last night

DennisY

Reaction score
Yes, what is up with FCA not being able to deliver flash drives with software and map updates quickly? This should be almost as fast as Amazon. Might be worth me taking a trip to the local dealer to complain and tell them I wouldn't consider a 2024 model truck for this very reason. (Squeaky wheel gets the grease ha ha)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, what is up with FCA not being able to deliver flash drives with software and map updates quickly? This should be almost as fast as Amazon. Might be worth me taking a trip to the local dealer to complain and tell them I wouldn't consider a 2024 model truck for this very reason. (Squeaky wheel gets the grease ha ha)
Too bad the dealership can't do anything about it :-/
If you buy a 2024 you get free map updates and you can install them yourself they will say if they are smart.

2022s don't even need to pay for maps so it's only people with 2021s and older.
I just download them off the website and put on MY flash drive.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I just got an email saying I need to update mine for $99. I was actually contemplating ordering it but this thread changed my mind lol

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a notice that mine mailed today, and ordered WED.

DennisY

Reaction score
Too bad the dealership can't do anything about it :-/
If you buy a 2024 you get free map updates and you can install them yourself they will say if they are smart.

2022s don't even need to pay for maps so it's only people with 2021s and older.
I just download them off the website and put on MY flash drive.

Hmm. Wonder why the difference. This isn't rocket science.

Users who are viewing this thread