5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Update Out of Stock

DennisY

Reaction score
Gotta love it. The 2022 Map Update has been out of stock since shortly after it went on sale earlier this month. Perhaps as soon as it did? And will probably be back in stock as soon as the sale is over. Like the day after! Why can one not order it now and they ship when it is back in stock? Crazy.

1684112488536.png

DennisY

Reaction score
Thanks Malodave, I realize that but still wanted to update my truck NAV. I too regularly update my Garmins but I don't actually use them anymore. Much nicer to me to use the truck NAV.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love it. The 2022 Map Update has been out of stock since shortly after it went on sale earlier this month. Perhaps as soon as it did? And will probably be back in stock as soon as the sale is over. Like the day after! Why can one not order it now and they ship when it is back in stock? Crazy.

View attachment 158758
I don't understand how software can be out of stock. All you need is the file. You can use your own thumb drive.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't understand how software can be out of stock. All you need is the file. You can use your own thumb drive.
Not for the map update as they are VIN specific. You cannot just get the file and put it on a flash drive. Very different than the UC-4 or UC5 update.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not for the map update as they are VIN specific. You cannot just get the file and put it on a flash drive. Very different than the UC-4 or UC5 update.
It's only "vin specific" to try and prevent people from just sharing the file. It's still software that can be emailed or hosted somewhere that the end user can download to a thumb drive for installation

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's only "vin specific" to try and prevent people from just sharing the file. It's still software that can be emailed or hosted somewhere that the end user can download to a thumb drive for installation
You will need the Product Serial Number and e-mail it to uConnect. In turn, they will e-mail you an activation code.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You will need the Product Serial Number and e-mail it to uConnect. In turn, they will e-mail you an activation code.
So then it can't be "out of stock"

Boyvan

Reaction score
It would be nice to update built-in Navi Map but not at this price. I use Google maps via Car Play. I still have 2012 Jeep and updated Map in 2022 and paid $200 (CAD) for it.....and some new roads that were built 2 years ago, still do not show on the 'new' map.....frustrating......:mad:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they don't have any USB Sticks to put the software on. Dunno.
Once again, it's software. Offer it as a download instead of shipping a USB stick to someone. Most people have some storage device at home, or can cheaply buy one

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think he means a new update
Doesn't make any sense. Why put the maps on sale on the website and then mark then as out of stock.
Just remove it from the website or out a note under it, or let people order it and say will ship when in stock, and send the 23 update.

There are just so many better ways then putting it on sale, saying out of stock, and refusing to let anyone with UC4 order updated maps even if backordered.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense. Why put the maps on sale on the website and then mark then as out of stock.
Just remove it from the website or out a note under it, or let people order it and say will ship when in stock, and send the 23 update.

There are just so many better ways then putting it on sale, saying out of stock, and refusing to let anyone with UC4 order updated maps even if backordered.
Like I said previously, it's just software that can be sent to anyone who pays, via email, or a link to download. There is absolutely zero reason it should ever be "out of stock".

ram813ltd

Reaction score

View attachment 158758
google maps and android auto always up to date

DennisY

Reaction score
google maps and android auto always up to date

Yes but the display is much smaller on the Uconnect screen than the built in maps. Chrysler NA did respond to my inquiry, though it took over a week. They said I should be able to order it but if having trouble, please provide them the Application Version from my truck and they would look into it. I did and am waiting for their response.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered the Software and Map Update for $99 yesterday.

Currently Running 39.62.0 on my 2021 Laramie.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Just ordered today for my 2020 Laramie running 40.1

Planning on a cross country road trip and I normally just use my iPhone maps but just don’t want to have it always plugged in. But for high traffic areas the phone maps work best a# they also let you know about police, accidents and delays in almost real time.

Users who are viewing this thread