5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mandeville, LA dealer selling for $3000 over sticker

Zeeya

Reaction score
Nope, the MSRP is suggested price, dealers can ask above that if the demand is there.

This is usually done on hard to get and in demand vehicles, not unusual for dealers to ask well above MSRP depending on the demand. Though this is not usual for a high production mainstream vehicle that usually has huge built-in discounts like a full size truck, but we are in a weird market at the moment.

Unless the product is necessary in a disaster or state of emergency, like fuel, water, food, etc., you really can't consider this illegal price gouging. Though it really pisses me off when dealerships do that.
I totally agree, and my meaning was not to say they were doing anything illegal, its just as you said (There is a supply and demand problem right now) When the Demons came out on the lot, they were marked up above retail due to limited quantity and that was totally expected, but I just haven't seen a regular truck done this way. Hey, they have to do what they have to do to stay afloat.
I talked with a sales manager today that I have know for years. He said they just got back from an auction with 41 vehicles to supplement lack of new vehicles.

afphinfan

Reaction score
I think the biggest issue of buying right now is being forced to get the highest trim level to get what previously was included in certain packages. When I found the truck I was going to buy, I went to the build and price site and built it for more money yet it was missing blindspot, etc. The other thing I didn’t particularly want was a truck built in minimal manning pandemic time. So when I found mine having been built in late 2019 I was happy. The original owner put 70k miles on it so she didn’t have time for it to be broken down. All maintenance records in glovebox and so far I’ve found no issues.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I am not.
It's pretty much like that here in Orange County and neighboring counties right now.
When I bought my truck a few months ago in Feb I got $6500 below msrp with 0% financing and I looked within 100 miles from me for a couple months.
The only dealership that offered a decent deal was 5 miles from me in Huntington Beach. But even them right now are adding $5k markup on 1500s and $25k markup on TRXs.
And guess what, they keep selling them with no problems. They are a volume dealer and sell around 300 cars/trucks per month. And according to my sales guy, they have not slowed down one bit after they started adding big markups.

This bubble right now is going to hurt a lot of people in 3-5 years when they go back to trade in their car and find themselves seriously upside down.
It might even make new car sales crash in 3-5 years

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is a 21 Ram 1500 Limited Eco Diesel here in DMV in Northern VA that I love Sticker is $76755 and it is now advertised at 81,255 $1000 more than yesterday
Like has been mentioned in this thread, try Mark Dodge in Louisiana and just pay to ship it. There's lots of dealers that are not above MSRP. Just gotta' search and either ship or fly out. That's unless you can wait until like January...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/