5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Exhaust installed!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh man I am really getting old, I see the two pieces yet I do not see the touching part. :(

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. Yes I would also like to see that photo if possible please.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Do you have pic when its deployed?

Sorry guys... I just reinstalled the stock exhaust..

So when it's fully deployed it doesn't touch it's the movement when its deploying. The area in the picture I posted this morning touches the exhaust when coming down. Make sense?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry guys... I just reinstalled the stock exhaust..

So when it's fully deployed it doesn't touch it's the movement when its deploying. The area in the picture I posted this morning touches the exhaust when coming down. Make sense?
Yes sure does....there isn't a rattle when driving or any damage to either when operating correct?

PorBoy

Reaction score
So now that you are on “ stock “ exhaust, what’s your plan as far as adding sounds ?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
So now that you are on “ stock “ exhaust, what’s your plan as far as adding sounds ?

I may invest in the Borla Touring and purchase the resonator to go with it. The problem for me was around town it was cruising at 65 mph. There was just to much noise at that rpm range.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Magnaflow is very smooth and louder than the videos make it out to be.
No drone, no MDS drone, no MDS change sound, no rasp; just a smooth V8. And at half throttle to WOT, you’re noticed for sure.

Magnaflow really did their homework with this catback. I’m thoroughly impressed.

I see you have the eTorque. How is it at stop/start red lights?

768mph

Reaction score
I see you have the eTorque. How is it at stop/start red lights?

It’s no issue; it’s a smooth start up every time.

Even in drivethrus and going through the security gates on base. No one really has said anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the touching Im taking about...
View attachment 19258

So I just had the bed step installed and have a magnaflow, and I've got a situation like this right now.

Goodnews!
- The left exhaust is now centered
Badnews:
- Because it's touching the bed step :LOL:

It touches when collapsed, not deployed in my case.
If the step gets closed at fullspeed, it will smack the exhaust pipe with some authority.

On a true coldstart, it will vibrate on the bedstep.
I don't really hear it when driving after it's warm. I rolled down the rear window, couldn't hear it.

I'm considering the "exhaust hanger" trick to move it over ever so slightly to the right to create more clearance.
If that works sound/rattle wise, my only worry would be: Is being so close to the exhaust going to weaken it, or untighten any bolts on it or anything.

Other than that, Wow I like the bed step. I'd actually rather change exhausts (To say, Borla if it would help!) instead of get rid of the step!
The Magnaflow has been a good mod that I would recommend to people.

Users who are viewing this thread