5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lug breaker bar recommendation.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Luckily I was checking out my 2001 Dodge Ram SLT when I came across that the tire shop left me with one of "thin metal coating and they will separate from the nut body" on my 2001 Dodge Ram SLT. Couldn't get it off because I believe it was 18 mm or something I didn't have. Went back to the tire shop and he explained the reason for the wrong size. Idiot puts it on the truck knowingly! Would have been screwed if I needed to change the tire in an emergency. Never knew anything about the lug nuts up to that point. How many things can the "professionals" screw up?
You sure are on point about the “professionals” working on our vehicles, It is getting worse everywhere, I had my windshield replaced on my Jeep at Speedy Auto Glass shop and the professional cut though the wire harness going to the rear view mirror, it has all the adaptive cruise, rain sensor, high beam dimmer...had to wait for the dealer to order the harness, they did pay for everything but weeks went by before it was all done.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You sure are on point about the “professionals” working on our vehicles, It is getting worse everywhere, I had my windshield replaced on my Jeep at Speedy Auto Glass shop and the professional cut though the wire harness going to the rear view mirror, it has all the adaptive cruise, rain sensor, high beam dimmer...had to wait for the dealer to order the harness, they did pay for everything but weeks went by before it was all done.
There is an island called Goodenough

These "professionals" should be sent to the island of Not Goodenough, would be a really interesting place, everyone dealing with each others low threshold of standards.

mophead

Reaction score
I had an almost brand new 1/2 inch breaker bar snap today while tight it lugs to 130 ft lbs. I only had 2 left already did the other 3 wheels and 4 lugs on the last wheel. It was a swivel head and snapped one of the arms that hold the swivel head.
need a recommendation on what you use and where to get it? i have used same type on my 2017 jeep but lugs were only 90 or 95 foot lbs.

thanks
Ram had some surplus NOS left hand studs laying around eh? :rolleyes::cautious:👈

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$10 harbor freight breaker bar and a craftsman torque wrench do the trick for me.

Users who are viewing this thread