5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered the rear 2" last night.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
The only reason I have 4x4 is for winters around here so lower is the way for me too... Plus old habits die hard, as evidenced from my last ride:

View attachment 14669

You do you, but I would have just got a STi or EvoX with plenty of money left over for mods. I got the truck to do truck things and take a break from cars. Nice G though, I had one about 10 years ago. Owned it for less than a year though (wanted another track car).

Mine was low....
003.jpg

Last edited:

chad202

Reaction score
I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with my truck, lift it, lower it, or level it.
So for right now I decided to level it by putting 2" lowering springs in the rear.
I'm still undecided if I want the lowered look, 2/4, 3/5 with some 24's or 26's or if I want to do a 6" lift and run 35's or 37's. I guess I will wait and see what lowering kits they come out with for the 19 4x4's.
But for now I'll be running it this way till I can really decide what I'm going to do, as I really don't care for the stock rake look.
Bill

A couple before and after pics. View attachment 14642 View attachment 14643 View attachment 14644 View attachment 14645

chad202

Reaction score
How the ride with the new springs? Would say it's level now or rear a little lower? I don't like factory rake but do like for the rear to be a tick higher than the front. That's so it doesn't squat when pulling my boat.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
My Mcgaughy springs had my truck a little over 2" higher in the rear and they didnt have a good fit. I ordered a set like you used and i will return the mcgaughys when they come in.

03lowram

Reaction score
Looks Killer! Exactly how I would do mine, same package as well. Do you have the 3.92's?

Boomer

Reaction score
Looks great, especially with those factory 22" wheels!

robber98

Reaction score
Did any of you install the helper bags when you installed the dropped springs?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Hdlnium1,

I just want to say "thanks alot!!!" you just added more complexity to my already uncertain mind on what I want to do with my truck!!! lmao!!! Love the look!!!

This is my first truck modding, just for the record. I don't jump right out there....I try to be methodical with my approach...most of the time before I jump on something.

My question to you; can you tell a difference with the center of gravity....like going around a curve with a little speed? While I love the ride of my stock RAM19 coming from my 2000 ram SLT. I still love to have better handling first in any vehicle if possible. While I have been thinking of the Hellwig (need to compare it with othes) swaybar, this lowered rear end may also be a welcoming appearance and handling mod for me.

Al, any pics yet?

SupremeWill, do you have adjustable helper bags or do you have to manually set the psi?

Love the look Hdlnium1 !!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Hdmlnium1

Reaction score
Hdlnium1,

I just want to say "thanks alot!!!" you just added more complexity to my already uncertain mind on what I want to do with my truck!!! lmao!!! Love the look!!!

This is my first truck modding, just for the record. I don't jump right out there....I try to be methodical with my approach...most of the time before I jump on something.

My question to you; can you tell a difference with the center of gravity....like going around a curve with a little speed? While I love the ride of my stock RAM19 coming from my 2000 ram SLT. I still love to have better handling first in any vehicle if possible. While I have been thinking of the Hellwig (need to compare it with othes) swaybar, this lowered rear end may also be a welcoming appearance and handling mod for me.

Al, any pics yet?

SupremeWill, do you have adjustable helper bags or do you have to manually set the psi?

Love the look Hdlnium1 !!!!:cool::cool::cool:

It may handle just a bit better, but some better sway bars, adjustable endlinks would for sure help.
I'm still undecided but I may cut about 3/4 of a coil of the springs front and rear. That should drop it about another inch all around. Then at the least I will go with adjustable endlinks to get the sway bars back right.
Bill

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I absolutely love the look

It does look good! And looking at those pics reminded me how RAKE used to drive me out of my mind. I'd buy a RAM and could barely even LOOK AT IT UNTIL i leveled it. I even put a 6 inch lift on this 2 wheel drive 2016 after i leveled it, and absolutely loved the stance, it was perfect!

But with my 2019, i love her to death, rake and all : )

I'd even go as far to say with THIS new truck, the rake actually ADDS to the sporty look of it, , and that is a FIRST! Maybe its the all black color or the new body style, not sure, but i'm not touching a hair on her pretty little head : )

Its so weird, if u scroll and just look at the one of the 2016 rake vs the 2019 black one, to me they look like night and day... The 2016 looks soooo, "off kilter with a terrible rake stance," but yet the 2019 looks soooo sporty and raring to go! Maybe its just me?!

With each thing i used to do, (level, then bigger wheel offset, then bigger tires etc ) each thing would sacrifice a little of the ride, and before i knew it, the truck was driving ME, not the other way around! The ride on my 2019 is like a dream, i ain't giving up one iota of that!

rake 2019-2.jpg

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with my truck, lift it, lower it, or level it.
So for right now I decided to level it by putting 2" lowering springs in the rear.
I'm still undecided if I want the lowered look, 2/4, 3/5 with some 24's or 26's or if I want to do a 6" lift and run 35's or 37's. I guess I will wait and see what lowering kits they come out with for the 19 4x4's.
But for now I'll be running it this way till I can really decide what I'm going to do, as I really don't care for the stock rake look.
Bill

A couple before and after pics.

Yours is spot on to FCA's Low Down concept truck : )

lowered big horn.png

View attachment 14645

Users who are viewing this thread