5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowered Laramie Sport

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
I can see were the front might work but what do you with the rear? I just installed the adjustable links and was able to lower both front & rear 1 1/4" at Entry/Exit. But I had to pull the bump stops out of the rear to get there. As it is at E/E there is only 1/2" clearance to the bump stop mount. Not sure how you can get any lower without bottoming out.
I will be running the Timbergrove 7" low bags on the rear suspension.. Im also running the Twisted metal works bumpsteer kit in the front so the tie rods dont get to crazy..

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
I can see were the front might work but what do you with the rear? I just installed the adjustable links and was able to lower both front & rear 1 1/4" at Entry/Exit. But I had to pull the bump stops out of the rear to get there. As it is at E/E there is only 1/2" clearance to the bump stop mount. Not sure how you can get any lower without bottoming out.
You would cut the bump stop mounts totally off. You have to with the non air ride suspension as well. The factory rear bags Im sure have a lowering limit.. I bet they would bottom out before anything else..

Flufdk

Reaction score
Here's a little teaser of what I'm playing with right now, but I can say that I have modified the rear air suspension. To be continued :)

1624041025082.png

RokTT

Reaction score
That looks great, nice work. Where you able to use the oem compressor and ride height sensors? I'm currently just running the adjustable links and the rear at Aero is pretty tight on the bigger hits. Really need to get it at least 1 or 2" lower for what I'd like. I see the bump stop brackets got to go either way. What's your rear wheel well height at Aero? I'd think around 35" would be my target. I also pull a 16' box trailer.

Flufdk

Reaction score
Sorry a little busy

Yes I can easily lower the rear to 35 "in aroe height. Until now I have changed the shock absorber with MaxTrac lowing shocks, removed the bump stop, adjusted the bracket for the height sensor rear, mounted adjustable links and built my own rear air suspension as I made from some used stock and Firestone Ride Rite 9000 Air Bag. (see photo)

I am far with a solution with 3D printed top and bottom pieces, that I will sell when I am ready.

Front, I have only mounted adjustable links, and am working to find a solution so that it can also be lowered more and still have full driving comfort also with load on.

2021-05-25 IMG_0478.jpg

The one on the right is lowered and is in the middle height. and the one on the left is stock pressed to the bottom
2021-05-25 IMG_0481.jpg

and just a few pictures another night from beaches at my summer house in denmark. Entry heigth 🥰 🇩🇰🇩🇰
As it stands here, my wish is it is at aero height with full run comfort, like stock
2021-07-11 IMG_0922.jpg 2021-07-11 IMG_0924.jpg

RokTT

Reaction score
Looks great, again nice work. I did talk to Steve @ Timbergrove the other day about his products. He thinks his bags would work with the factory compressor and ride height sensors. Probably looking at the -4" bag as I still need to tow a 16' box trailer. Please keep me updated on your progress and am very interested in your parts when they become available (any time frame when?).
Any issues with charging the system after you've discharged it? I do have a nitrogen tank that I use for go kart tires but not sure what connector is needed for filling the system. Do you need anything else to cycle the system while filling?
Thanks again for sharing and I will do the same.

Flufdk

Reaction score
To day I finish the front end and it’s super great and still works with OEM stock Air suspension. And the rear end I still have some smal thing to do.

Attachments

• 633F281B-4AB1-4246-A470-FACBB5175373.jpeg
    633F281B-4AB1-4246-A470-FACBB5175373.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 8F597256-1A43-4E90-AF81-10D9F98479BF.jpeg
    8F597256-1A43-4E90-AF81-10D9F98479BF.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 109
  • BFB9E543-83A0-416E-B675-43A92959550F.jpeg
    BFB9E543-83A0-416E-B675-43A92959550F.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 109

RokTT

Reaction score
Again looks great, who's lower control arms did you use? Any concerns with CV joint angles? Are you still making parts for the rear bags?
Thanks again for sharing.

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
Again looks great, who's lower control arms did you use? Any concerns with CV joint angles? Are you still making parts for the rear bags?
Thanks again for sharing.
Looks like IHC control arms. I think they are the only ones that do lowering arms for Rams.. I have some I need to install soon. My truck didnt have factory air suspension but Im installing im it hopefully this weekend..

Last edited:

Flufdk

Reaction score
Looks like IHC control arms. I think they are the only ones that do lowering arms for Rams.. I have some I need to install soon. My truck didnt have factory air suspension but Im installing im installing it hopefully this weekend..
Correct. I bought them at IHC suspension but can see they have taken it off their website again, without knowing why. I wrote to them yesterday to hear why, but have not received an answer yet

Bigsteve709

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie Sport from the shop last night, it was lowered 3” in front and 5” in the rear with a kit from Inez Hotrods. The front was done with upper and lower control arms, and the rear with springs and 4-link relocation. Tires are 285/45/22.
How wide was the 22” wheel You put on?

Klicht87

Reaction score
I love the look of the lowered Rams...I have air suspension on my laramie as well but wish you could actually drive around in the entry mode. The aero mode will have to do.

R.A.M

Reaction score
I love the look of the lowered Rams...I have air suspension on my laramie as well but wish you could actually drive around in the entry mode. The aero mode will have to do.
A little bit glitchy...but I've somewhat figured out how to drive on entry/exit mode. Not sure if I'm messing up the bags tho or riding on the bump stop. Anyway here's a video of it

Klicht87

Reaction score
A little bit glitchy...but I've somewhat figured out how to drive on entry/exit mode. Not sure if I'm messing up the bags tho or riding on the bump stop. Anyway here's a video of it
DId you pull a fuse or something?

Users who are viewing this thread