5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love my Naturally Aspirated Hemi...

Kaderast

Reaction score
Is it really necessary to lift the cab to access a turbo?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it really necessary to lift the cab to access a turbo?

We lifted the cab on my F-150 when I blew a head gasket, but turbos we squeezed through the wheel wells. Honestly, with the right tools/lifts/time pulling the cab ensures you have absolute access to all plumbing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Such is life with most first generation model years.

Although one of the reasons I went with ram is the ability to still access everything in the engine bag with ease vs all the other trucks on the market now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Havent tried changing spark plugs yet I see.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have in a 4th gen. Not nearly as bad as the #8 plug on the previous gm 5.3s and sure as hell not as bad as the 2019+ gm trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Superchargers are considered parasitic compared to turbochargers. But the zero lag is pretty cool.
Yea, the zero lag is because a twin screw is always providing boost so you get power on the bottom end too. Advantageous for the big heavy truck or old muscle car. Turbos do great screaming on smaller lighter cars doing top end. Each has thier place.

You guys in the diesel crowd are the odd ones out as usual. 😝

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yea, the zero lag is because a twin screw is always providing boost so you get power on the bottom end too. Advantageous for the big heavy truck or old muscle car. Turbos do great screaming on smaller lighter cars doing top end. Each has thier place.

You guys in the diesel crowd are the odd ones out as usual. 😝

I think it depends on the application and engine. The twin turbos in my 2.7L Ecoboost F150 had zero noticeable lag, felt honestly like a mid-sized V8, 325 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque. Almost the same amount of torque as my RAM now. Except I got 17 mpg on 33" tires, whereas on my Rebel I'm barely getting 12.5 mpg on the same drive cycle.

Of course I rather have the RAM, mainly because it sounds awesome with an exhaust and I wasn't sure how well a new generation of twin-turbo six would last after 100K. A big truck that sounds like an Accord doesn't seem right, with the RAM Rebels good looks and awesome rumble, just gives it a sense of occasion when driving that doesn't get boring.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
And your post telling us our post is silly is not silly because…? 🤨
Mainly because I am not a bored old troll that has nothing better to do than talk about a single case of a new truck having problems on a forum FULL of TONS of posts of their very own truck with problems.
Seems a little silly to me

Users who are viewing this thread