5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of issues reported, curious who’s had no issues, major ones anyway?

SpikeMike

Reaction score
One year old, 24,000 miles. No real issues. I love the truck.

Right now, my only issue is getting into the dealer to get the oil changed. Why do dealers say they have an express service for oil changes and then they want you to make an appointment and drop the truck off?

2019 RAM 1500 Lone Star, 3.6L w/Etorque

btimdavis55

Reaction score
This is my second 2019. I bought one last December and had several issues with it. Firewall water leak, leather on dash bubbled up, defective sway bar plus a couple of other nit picky issues. My dealer took care of everything but I just didn't feel great about the truck. Took a 4K mile road trip in June to Utah with no problems but while I was gone the dealer sent me an email telling me I could trade it for more than the book value. I posted in an earlier thread about this. So the day after we got back from our trip I walked out with a brand new truck with 0 miles for $1k less than I owed on the first one. The only items I gave up were the sunroof and off road package, neither one of those do I really care about. And they swapped over the Toyos, the tonneau cover and mud flaps to the new one. So far this truck has been great with no problems at all. Plus it just "feels" better. I wasn't in agony over the first one but I'm certainly extremely pleased with this one.

downsjh

Reaction score
Owned 6 months with no major issues. Recalls and check engine light once but a reset cleared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had the Brake pedal and steering ground cable recalls. The brakes have and still do have the cold morning chewbaca sound, and my rear window plastic surround finally cracked at around 24,000 miles. They are replacing the rear window for free and the brakes for free also. Absolutely love the truck and have no regrets!

zdeckich

Reaction score
I have had my 19 since May and 7k miles with no issues except getting the drive side mirror replaced. I trailered my 67 Dart to Tuscon from Fort worth and back (over 2k miles) and not one problem. So far a great truck!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Had a whining sound that turned out to be the tensioners of the serpentine belt. No major issues at all. Truck was assembled in June 2019.
Mine had a whining sound but I traced it down to reading too many posts from June buyers reporting their deals.
It finally went away then lately due to employee discounts the whining seems to be coming back... What to do? :unsure::whistle:

Zebber

Reaction score
Have had mine a year this week and other than the recalls and a TSB on the noise cancelling system no problems. Love driving it.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm 16 months into my early production 2019 Rebel and after some bad luck early on with a cracked windshield (insurance claim) the couple recalls and the Chewbacca brakes, I am in heaven with my Rebel.

I rolled the dice when I traded in my 2016 Rebel (had the nightmare air ride issues) when the 2019's were available to order... knowing that the chance of issues on a new design were "exceptionally good" considering all the news coming from Michigan about retraining issues and parts issues... needless to say good things come to those who wait because I waited 109 days for my truck to be built and shipped.

Back to the OP topic at hand... no major issues, super duper happy.

ScottMA64

Reaction score
Had my limited 13 months and 7K miles. No issues so far, just recalls. Had the rear brake squeal but that eventually went away and haven't heard it in several months.

R

Rob5589

Bought in July, almost 13k miles, no issues as of yet, knock on wood. The only "problem" is the 120 v outlet which is weak. Don't really use or need it but will have it checked eventually.

Firebird

Reaction score
Honestly, my truck has been trouble free. Only complaint is that the AC could be a touch colder, but nothing has broken. Best driving truck I have ever owned! IMG_20190812_134733.jpg

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious who’s had little to no issue with their RAM so far. Most vehicles have some issues but barring the minor who’s out there with little to no issues with their truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did not indicate your experience. How has your Rebel been working out? Have you had any of the "lots of issues"?

MattF

Reaction score
This is actually a very valuable thread - thanks for posting.

So for those who have responded with "no issues" (excluding recalls) - does that imply your AC is functioning as expected (and not "good enough, I can live with it... etc.")? - that would imply there are fully functional AC units in some trucks and not in others.... Maybe that's why FCA is not paying attention to what I consider a major defect. When I went on my 5000+ mile road trip with my dog down the east coast and across to Austin and back (in July) I had to run the AC FULL BLAST and it couldn't keep the cabin comfortable.

Just curious

Matt

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I've had one warranty issue and it wasn't major. I would get a rhythmic droning at 72 mph. Got it reprogrammed and it seems cured. If I liked to have my music blasting, I might never have noticed it.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
This is actually a very valuable thread - thanks for posting.

So for those who have responded with "no issues" (excluding recalls) - does that imply your AC is functioning as expected (and not "good enough, I can live with it... etc.")? - that would imply there are fully functional AC units in some trucks and not in others.... Maybe that's why FCA is not paying attention to what I consider a major defect. When I went on my 5000+ mile road trip with my dog down the east coast and across to Austin and back (in July) I had to run the AC FULL BLAST and it couldn't keep the cabin comfortable.

Just curious

Matt

My A/C works great. No issues cooling down the cabin in the heat. I live in the Bay Area in California so we don’t get Texas heat but it was still in the 100’s here during the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread