5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for info on LED headlight assemblies...

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Bah! They're only $525 new on the site... I guess I will just have to suck that up.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks amazing. How long did it take you
Took me a while. Probably 3 hours. But I really took my time because I didn't want to break anything. It's actually pretty easy. The only part that is tough is taking the front fascia pieces off. The first one literally took me an hour, but the second one was much quicker because I knew how to do it.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Dude, I hate you right now. :D

It looks gorgeous! I’m very envious right now. I have hit my personal bank goal, and secured (fingers crossed) a new job, so I think I’m going to treat myself soon.

I’m trading my Litecoin on the highs and lows... made $50 a day over the weekend on a $1200 investment. I might just keep going until it’s literally free after I pay the tax on my earnings. :)

What tools would you recommend for the job? I know I need one of those prying tools for the plastic clips. Please recommend me some decent ones! :)

dracktw

Reaction score
i have an extra LEFT side headlight LED will let go for 350$ + shipp

dsn112

Reaction score
Took me a while. Probably 3 hours. But I really took my time because I didn't want to break anything. It's actually pretty easy. The only part that is tough is taking the front fascia pieces off. The first one literally took me an hour, but the second one was much quicker because I knew how to do it.

I think mine took like an hour 20. That fender bolt was tedious, and getting the fascia piece to release on both sides knowing exactly how to do it was still tough.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I got this one on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0734VKNYK/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Other than that, a small ratchet with metric sockets and a few basic hand tools. Get some zip ties if you don’t have any.

Perfect! I’ll order that right now. :)

Thanking you kindly!!

i have an extra LEFT side headlight LED will let go for 350$ + shipp

Tough sell, man. I can get them new from BAM for $525 which would probably only be about $120 or so more after shipping and such.

Out of curiosity, is it the black one that I’m looking for...?

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I just put in a request to see if BAM can match their online price at the dealership seeing as they are only <10 miles from my house. Seems stupid to pay shipping...

Plus, an added bonus is that I can use the 15% discount (really only 7% with tax) on top of it.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put in a request to see if BAM can match their online price at the dealership seeing as they are only <10 miles from my house. Seems stupid to pay shipping...

Plus, an added bonus is that I can use the 15% discount (really only 7% with tax) on top of it.
That would be cool if they'll do it. . Let us know how you make out.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
I definitely will.

Looks like I’m up about $90 on my LTC adventure so far. $900 to go, and I’ll splash the cash!

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Looks like you can’t use the Mopar code with it as they’re not deemed an accessory. However, BAM is only 12 miles or so from my house, so I can pick them up and save on the shipping as well as get them that day. :)

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9A74D4B0-FE10-4396-BEFB-5961134050AC.jpeg F4210F82-D145-47F5-B0FC-0C10E3A985B3.jpeg Update: My halogen headlights are back in...for now.

So, as you may know, I swapped the halogen headlights with LEDs.

Everything worked great...for three days...then it rained Thursday and everything went to $hit!

Drove my truck to work and it was raining out. By the time I went out to lunch it was pouring. When I got back from lunch I sat in my truck listening to the radio and after about fifteen minutes, both headlights went out.

First thing I did was wipe them off with a paper towel and the right headlight was full of water. Gross leaker!!!!

Ok, fine. That headlight is toast..It’s brand new and has a warranty, but I’m wondering why did they both go out?? The other one looks fine, no water inside..

So, I drove it home with no headlights. All the other lights are working fine - tail lights, Fog Lights, etc.

I get home and check all the fuses. Nothing. No blown fuses. So now I’m worried. I hope the truck is ok! There is no fuse specifically for the headlights.. it’s all controlled by the computer.

I called BAM on Friday, no problem. They ordered me a replacement headlight.

I pulled it all apart on Saturday and put the halogens back in. Thank God they work! There’s nothing wrong with the truck, so that means that the modules and/ or the other headlight are also fried. I assumed there are fuses in the modules, which was confirmed by Jeremy at Retro Shop.

When I pulled the modules out, they clearly popped. There is a burn mark on the back of one of them, and signs of heat affect on the other one. So I think that’s a good sign, and maybe I’ll be (somewhat) lucky and the other headlight will be fine.

Like I said, it didn’t pop any fuses in the truck including F35 where the power harness plugs into..... Hopefully, all I’ll need is a new adaptor and I’ll be back in business for $175.00.

Worst case, the other headlight is also fried and then I’m looking at an additional $525.00.

Fingers crossed! I will provide an update when I get everything squared away.

Pictures for reference. One is self explanatory..it’s a soggy headlight. The other one is the burn mark on the back of the module.

Last edited:

sickboy

Reaction score
Man I was so happy when I found this thread. I really hope you are able to get the headlights working.

So the adapter allows the LED’s in the assembly to run as the DRL’s? Would be amazing if this worked.

Has anyone else who did this replacement had issues or is it just Moosem?

Users who are viewing this thread