5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at this truck, good deal?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
So I found almost exactly what I want in a truck a few states away, luckily I have family out that way which could make it easier to pick up.

Anyways....They are asking $39K and some change for a new 2020 bighorn CC short bed with 4x4, 3.21 gears, off-road group with sport appearance package, BH level 2 equipment package, 20” wheels, 26 gallon fuel.

The only thing it’s missing is etorque (not sure how big of a difference this actually makes for mpg) and the standard size bed (which 99% of my driving won’t require the standard bed anyways).

What do you think about this price for this new truck?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the MSRP? And does the $39K include all applicable incentives/rebates/etc.?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
Msrp is 52k. The dealership is discounting $7K then adding another 5K for retail bonus cash, national retail cash, and retail cash bonus. If able to get for $39K, how is this. Seems good at almost $12K off?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Msrp is 52k. The dealership is discounting $7K then adding another 5K for retail bonus cash, national retail cash, and retail cash bonus. If able to get for $39K, how is this. Seems good at almost $12K off?
I'm no expert, but it seems like a 25% discount is great deal to me.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
18%+ on Limited or Laramie Longhorn is great, 21%+ on Laramie, and 23%+ on other trims is a decent deal. Best you can find would usually be 30-31%.

NWRogue

Reaction score
You know you want it, just buy it. Otherwise, send the dealer details to the OldMarine.

Kidding aside, that sounds like a great deal. I don't think you'll miss the E Torgue.

Oh, and buy the bed extender. Instant long bed. :)

Cuppedup

Reaction score
The only issue with short bed in you can’t sleep in the bed. I plan on getting a camper and would be nice to have a sleeping platform in there for easy on the go camping

Skater

Reaction score
The only issue with short bed in you can’t sleep in the bed. I plan on getting a camper and would be nice to have a sleeping platform in there for easy on the go camping
Speak for yourself. I can sleep in a short bed with the tailgate closed and a few inches between my head and feet from the front and tailgate. It all depends on how tall you are. ;)

U

User_3336

Sounds close to my deal.

MRSP 50,500 down to 38,100. $12,400 savings

That is around 25% savings. Good for a 2020.

AND I got a bed liner, window tint, and running boards basically at no charge.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
18%+ on Limited or Laramie Longhorn is great, 21%+ on Laramie, and 23%+ on other trims is a decent deal. Best you can find would usually be 30-31%.

What is everyone’s thoughts on this one:

2020 Laramie CC 4x4 5.7
MSRP: 55,925
Dealer Discount: -$4,143
Rebates: -$3,500
Trade: -$6,000
Fees (TTL): $2,700ish
OTD: $45,495

My initial thinking: I should shoot for my initial offer at 20% off - that's $4,000 off ($41,500) or shoot for 18.5% ($42,300) which is a more $3,200 off...right now it's at 12.7%. I feel like if I go too low they will laugh at me/not take me seriously - or maybe they would have went that low if I ask for 18.5%. (Truck price only)

Honestly the entire OTD is 18.6% off right now (including trade) - I really don't care how they make the offer look just lower the OTD...just thinking the over the internet (pics and VIN #) trade value slightly below KBB of $6000 (it's short of the mid KBB value by $600) needs to increase some to get that OTD price a little lower so I feel good about the deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

I'd pass. Dealer could contribute more towards their discount, especially on a 55,000 price point.

Laramie's much suck on rebates this month.

What is everyone’s thoughts on this one:

2020 Laramie CC 4x4 5.7
MSRP: 55,925
Dealer Discount: -$4,143
Rebates: -$3,500
Trade: -$6,000
Fees (TTL): $2,700ish
OTD: $45,495

My initial thinking: I should shoot for my initial offer at 20% off - that's $4,000 off ($41,500) or shoot for 18.5% ($42,300) which is a more $3,200 off...right now it's at 12.7%. I feel like if I go too low they will laugh at me/not take me seriously - or maybe they would have went that low if I ask for 18.5%. (Truck price only)

Honestly the entire OTD is 18.6% off right now (including trade) - I really don't care how they make the offer look just lower the OTD...just thinking the over the internet (pics and VIN #) trade value slightly below KBB of $6000 (it's short of the mid KBB value by $600) needs to increase some to get that OTD price a little lower so I feel good about the deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuppedup

Reaction score
So I found one in my state instead of several states over. Big horn CC standard box, 5.7 etorque, 4x4 with anti slip, sport package with tow package and bighorn package 2. Only thing this one is missing is the standard mirrors and premium lighting. Everyone sounds like they hate the tow mirrors but I think that’s a minor thing that can be dealt with. And I’ve never had premium headlights so I can deal with that too.

MSRP $53
Sale $40K (assuming I get all rebates etc).

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
25% off is a good deal. That's 7% better than I got.

I have the tow package with the big mirrors. I'm coming from manual fold and non-heated mirrors so it wasn't that big a deal to me and I love having the dinner plates for mirrors.

Nibis

Reaction score
You won't miss the etorque and potential headaches it brings

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see one downside to this truck... the fuel tank size.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just make sure that
I see one downside to this truck... the fuel tank size.
Agree, and this shouldn't even be an issue.
All trucks should have the biggest tanks that they can fit in them. Sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread