5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at this truck, good deal?

20laramieetorque

Reaction score
Yeah, I have read all of your other posts. Sorry for your troubles. I hope your dealer gets it worked out soon. Shocking you do not have a loaner to drive. The Limited I am waiting on does not have the 48v system, not by choice, but by dealer leaving it off spec sheet by accident and just ordering the HEMI. After reading your other posts I guess I am thankful for my dealer's mistake. I do not think I would have liked the engine off at stoplights in 110 degree heat either.

It still pumps out good AC it was up around 95+ here and was fine. But yeah don’t get the etorque I’m extremely disappointed with it. No resolution on sight either except me getting pissed, you’d think being a disabled veteran they would be like hey let’s help you out a little but there’s no cash going directly into pocket so no one cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Critic

Reaction score
Yeah, I have read all of your other posts. Sorry for your troubles. I hope your dealer gets it worked out soon. Shocking you do not have a loaner to drive. The Limited I am waiting on does not have the 48v system, not by choice, but by dealer leaving it off spec sheet by accident and just ordering the HEMI. After reading your other posts I guess I am thankful for my dealer's mistake. I do not think I would have liked the engine off at stoplights in 110 degree heat either.

2020 Bighorn 4X2, 3.21, 5.7 eTorque and 18” wheels on my truck. No complaints with eTorque at all; start/stop is extremely smooth and the highway mpg has surpassed expectations. My first tank of 75% highway (at 75-80mph) was 18.1 manually calculated (4% lower than the computer). Current tank is showing 23 per the computer. Mine has a 3/14/2020 build date so it is a fairly recent build. Perhaps all of the eTorque issues have been resolved?

9cb88f1b39caa9b1d36b8fbda0f4fb51.jpg

U

User_3336

Your computer is lying! LOL

What is the AVERAGE from your 440 miles?

Taking an average MPG from a 70 mile "trip o/d" is a false sense of reality.

2020 Bighorn 4X2, 3.21, 5.7 eTorque and 18” wheels on my truck. No complaints with eTorque at all; start/stop is extremely smooth and the highway mpg has surpassed expectations. My first tank of 75% highway (at 75-80mph) was 18.1 manually calculated (4% lower than the computer). Current tank is showing 23 per the computer. Mine has a 3/14/2020 build date so it is a fairly recent build. Perhaps all of the eTorque issues have been resolved?

9cb88f1b39caa9b1d36b8fbda0f4fb51.jpg

The Critic

Reaction score
Your computer is lying! LOL

What is the AVERAGE from your 440 miles?

Taking an average MPG from a 70 mile "trip o/d" is a false sense of reality.
The truck had 132 miles when I took delivery. The first tank was 233.9 miles, manually calculated to 18.1. The computer showed 18.9.

I am still on the current tank.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Skip e-torque if you can... HORRIBLE gas mileage, huge thread on it, i get about 16.5mpg on the highway with my e-torque Limited. 21mpg hahahahaahhahahahahahaha rrrright...

16.5 is pretty good, I am happy with that considering my last Hemi got 14.2 average over 100K+. eTorque does get you better mileage but it is generally only around .25 - .5 MPG

Cuppedup

Reaction score
I transferred a truck into my name this morning to get the truck conquest incentive ($1000) that was initially part of the deal. Turns out after I transferred the title the dealer let me know that the truck needs to be in my name for at least 30 days to qualify (which he did not tell me initially) and added $1000 to the price of the truck. I had a flight tomorrow to sign the paperwork and backed out of the deal. I understand this is a RAM incentive and not the dealers issue, but If he wants to sell it, he’ll make it work.

The Critic

Reaction score
I transferred a truck into my name this morning to get the truck conquest incentive ($1000) that was initially part of the deal. Turns out after I transferred the title the dealer let me know that the truck needs to be in my name for at least 30 days to qualify (which he did not tell me initially) and added $1000 to the price of the truck. I had a flight tomorrow to sign the paperwork and backed out of the deal. I understand this is a RAM incentive and not the dealers issue, but If he wants to sell it, he’ll make it work.

FCA provides dealers with a limited number of “coupons” each month. Some of them are $1k, some are $250/ea. My dealer applied a total of $750 in coupons (which show up on the deal as additional rebate) to make the deal happen.

U

User_3336

yeah, I was lucky enough to, ironically, have a deal fall thru last day of the month, and then go thru first day of the next month because dealer had a fresh batch of coupons. I got $2000 in dealer coupons. (I got $7500 rebates/coupons).

FCA provides dealers with a limited number of “coupons” each month. Some of them are $1k, some are $250/ea. My dealer applied a total of $750 in coupons (which show up on the deal as additional rebate) to make the deal happen.

Users who are viewing this thread