5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matrixband

Reaction score
I am considering getting a new 2021 Ram 1500. I love the longhorn interior, both black/new saddle and the 10th anniversary mountain brown. For exterior I like the Patriot blue but also the ivory white. Anyone have opinions on the 10th anniversary brown combo? I’ve seen Patriot blue and ivory white exterior in person but not in longhorn. So, 10th brown? Too brown? Patriot blue with black new saddle, too dark? Opinions appreciated by those who have seen these interiors in person. The 10th looks nice with the suede like accents, but that is a lot of brown. The black new saddle is kind of bold but stunning. Both exterior colors are great but not sure how they match up with the interior. as I will likely be ordering sight unseen this is making me uneasy.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck has the New Sattle/ Black interior with the Ivory 3 Coat. Love the combination.

I also purchased sight unseen. Most of my previous vehicles had all black interior, so I wanted a change to break up the monotone. This interior does not disappoint, I think it perfectly compliments the Ivory exterior.

Matrixband

Reaction score
That’s encouraging. I too have most recently a white exterior with black interior. I like the black, but something different would be nice. The black interior on the Ram seems especially dark. I don’t like it. I started wanting the Patriot blue with black new saddle.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering getting a new 2021 Ram 1500. I love the longhorn interior, both black/new saddle and the 10th anniversary mountain brown. For exterior I like the Patriot blue but also the ivory white. Anyone have opinions on the 10th anniversary brown combo? I’ve seen Patriot blue and ivory white exterior in person but not in longhorn. So, 10th brown? Too brown? Patriot blue with black new saddle, too dark? Opinions appreciated by those who have seen these interiors in person. The 10th looks nice with the suede like accents, but that is a lot of brown. The black new saddle is kind of bold but stunning. Both exterior colors are great but not sure how they match up with the interior. as I will likely be ordering sight unseen this is making me uneasy.
You really can't lose here. Black/New Saddle is awesome; I have it with Delmonico Red, but Patriot Blue ran a close 2nd and Ivory would be very sleek too. I can't comment on the 10th anniversary edition.

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
I have Ivory White with saddle brown interior. Looks sharp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My current truck is a 4th gen longhorn in delmonico red with the new saddle/black interior. It was my favorite interior until I saw the 10th anniversary interior, ordered that sight unseen with the patriot blue exterior, just because I've never had blue before and I know it will look great with that interior. I Agree with everyone else though, you can't go wrong with any of the possibilities you listed.

Here's a few pictures I found online that somewhat show the exterior color with the interior of the 10th anniversary, I found these prior to ordering but it was enough to reassure me to pull the trigger:

42bb7de08d1f4735b5ab78235e961c0e.jpg
08216306e860455280011cba556e6db8.jpg
a1a94c5c3bd9458fbe3447a3e7fb85a4.jpg
4e7e5f20e4a544c798441b2d40fa1e04.jpg

Matrixband

Reaction score
My current truck is a 4th gen longhorn in delmonico red with the new saddle/black interior. It was my favorite interior until I saw the 10th anniversary interior, ordered that sight unseen with the patriot blue exterior, just because I've never had blue before and I know it will look great with that interior. I Agree with everyone else though, you can't go wrong with any of the possibilities you listed.

Here's a few pictures I found online that somewhat show the exterior color with the interior of the 10th anniversary, I found these prior to ordering but it was enough to reassure me to pull the trigger:

View attachment 89477
View attachment 89475
View attachment 89478
View attachment 89479
Great photos. This is very interesting. Ok, so being that you are happy with the blue (and the red) exterior, which interior impresses you most now? Sometimes I think looking at the brown it’s just too much, like a big milk chocolate bar. Then I think the black/new saddle is too much contrast and too dark (roof liner is dark too I think). These photos look great either way.

ben b

Reaction score
Hi Matrixband,

I had the same favorite interior and exterior colors as you have. As an engineer, I decided to use a rational decision-making process. Estimate factors such as paint robustness due to sunlight/salty air, comfort on hot/cold days, how well it complements/clashes with your favorite driving jacket, etc. Then, just to get a little extra data, I brought my wife to the dealership to add her insight. Whipped out the slide rule, double checked with hand calculator, triple checked with excel, final check with abacus.

My algorithm:

• Buy what the wife likes.
  • If wife wants a color combination that I dislike, refer to rule 1.
Ended up with Ivory White/Mountain Brown.

Happy wife = Happy truck owner.

P.S. There is no way to go wrong with any combination of your choices. Both interiors are truly stunning when seen in person. And both exterior colors are very handsome and classy. All 4 combinations work very well.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great photos. This is very interesting. Ok, so being that you are happy with the blue (and the red) exterior, which interior impresses you most now? Sometimes I think looking at the brown it’s just too much, like a big milk chocolate bar. Then I think the black/new saddle is too much contrast and too dark (roof liner is dark too I think). These photos look great either way.

Wish I could say for sure about the new setup, but I am still waiting on it to be built. Also there will be lots of differences between the 4th gen and 5th, but I will say that prior to this interior coming out for 21, I was set on the red or blue with the new saddle/black and I really wanted that black headliner over my 4th gens lighter headliner. That part always bugged me about my current truck, otherwise I really like the interior and having something other than the usual black or grey.

The 10th anniversary is certainly a lot of brown and not for everyone, but I like it and I also like the lack of the alligator skin or whatever that is supposed to be that is present on the other longhorn interiors.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Black/New Saddle interior, I love it and so does everyone that sees it; the contrast is very pleasing. Just my opinion, but to my eye the brown-on-brown interior is, well, way too much brown taken altogether.

One of the best looking Rams I ever saw was Patriot Blue with Walnut Brown two-tone exterior and Black/New Saddle interior. It didn't seem too dark at all to my eye. As you can see in my signature, my 2020 Longhorn has Black/New-Saddle interior and Billet Silver over Walnut Brown exterior. Only reason I didn't get the Patriot Blue over Walnut Brown was because that color combo wasn't offered for the 2020 Longhorn. But the Billet Silver over Walnut Brown turned out great, too.

Just my two-cents worth of opinion .

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love brown for exterior and interiors, and when I saw the 10th Anniversary package, I was like woah this is what I’ll get. Until I realized that almost the entire interior is one shade of brown minus the headliner. It’s way too much brown. That on top of the Cowboy filigree stitching was a no from me; coming from someone who has a horse farm 😂. I did like the badging tho but it didn’t distinguish itself from normal Longhorns on the exterior which stinks.

So I went with the Indigo/Frost on the Limited. The 10th anniversary woulda been more expensive actually if optioned the same way as my Limited. Mostly cuz the EcoDiesel is more for a Longhorn and Air Suspension isn’t standard on it either.

Regardless I like how my interior is the same as the 2018 Limited Tungsten Edition. It looked so good back then, but the wood was more shiny and looked better than mine, which is matte.

Anywho, if the Longhorn had the same Brown Interior Combo as the Laramie’s, then yeah I probably would have got it. The Saddle and Black looks good tho, plus it gets rid of that cowboy filigree for the most part. A lot of people have that interior tho.

Matrixband

Reaction score
Wish I could say for sure about the new setup, but I am still waiting on it to be built. Also there will be lots of differences between the 4th gen and 5th, but I will say that prior to this interior coming out for 21, I was set on the red or blue with the new saddle/black and I really wanted that black headliner over my 4th gens lighter headliner. That part always bugged me about my current truck, otherwise I really like the interior and having something other than the usual black or grey.

The 10th anniversary is certainly a lot of brown and not for everyone, but I like it and I also like the lack of the alligator skin or whatever that is supposed to be that is present on the other longhorn interiors.
Yes, that Alligator skin pattern bugs me too. The suede on the seats and door on the 10th make it for me--that is ultra nice. The black roof liner is ok, it's what I have on my present vehicle, but the lighter beige might brighten up the cabin a bit. There is a Ram on the lot here that is a Laramie with mountain brown (except the seats have a kind of beige). I may have look at that one as it seems closest to the 10th. If your ETA on the 10th edition is (hopefully) sooner than later, I'd love to hear what you think about it in person. Thanks.

Last edited:

Matrixband

Reaction score
I love brown for exterior and interiors, and when I saw the 10th Anniversary package, I was like woah this is what I’ll get. Until I realized that almost the entire interior is one shade of brown minus the headliner. It’s way too much brown. That on top of the Cowboy filigree stitching was a no from me; coming from someone who has a horse farm 😂. I did like the badging tho but it didn’t distinguish itself from normal Longhorns on the exterior which stinks.

So I went with the Indigo/Frost on the Limited. The 10th anniversary woulda been more expensive actually if optioned the same way as my Limited. Mostly cuz the EcoDiesel is more for a Longhorn and Air Suspension isn’t standard on it either.

Regardless I like how my interior is the same as the 2018 Limited Tungsten Edition. It looked so good back then, but the wood was more shiny and looked better than mine, which is matte.

Anywho, if the Longhorn had the same Brown Interior Combo as the Laramie’s, then yeah I probably would have got it. The Saddle and Black looks good tho, plus it gets rid of that cowboy filigree for the most part. A lot of people have that interior tho.
I looked at an indigo frost Limited. It was quite nice. The blue was unique. I liked the matte wood, but somehow the whole interior gave me a cooler vibe than I am looking for. Very sophisticated, and I like the front grill. Still, I find myself going back to the Longhorn as my fav. The 10th--yes, lots of shades of the same shade of brown. I think it would look better with darker or black/brown flooring or mats like the black/new saddle, or something to contrast, maybe some more black on the dash. Of course, this is all online and not in person. Sometimes it takes an in-person experience, then you know.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at an indigo frost Limited. It was quite nice. The blue was unique. I liked the matte wood, but somehow the whole interior gave me a cooler vibe than I am looking for. Very sophisticated, and I like the front grill. Still, I find myself going back to the Longhorn as my fav. The 10th--yes, lots of shades of the same shade of brown. I think it would look better with darker or black/brown flooring or mats like the black/new saddle, or something to contrast, maybe some more black on the dash. Of course, this is all online and not in person. Sometimes it takes an in-person experience, then you know.
Yeah my experience was online and in person for it. But everyone likes different stuff. Pick what you like best and be sure to do your research is the key I guess.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that Alligator skin pattern bugs me too. The suede on the seats and door on the 10th make it for me--that is ultra nice. The black roof liner is ok, it's what I have on my present vehicle, but the lighter beige might brighten up the cabin a bit. There is a Ram on the lot here that is a Laramie with mountain brown (except the seats have a kind of beige). I may have look at that one as it seems closest to the 10th. If your ETA on the 10th edition is (hopefully) sooner than later, I'd love to hear what you think about it in person. Thanks.

I agree, the suede looks nice in there and there was just something overall I liked about the interior. I could definitely do without the filigree on the doors, but overall that was still better than the alligator skin and I was happy to see it only on the doors, not on the seats or elsewhere for the most part. And I would love to say that mine will arrive soon, but unfortunately they are still "gathering parts" so not even scheduled to be built yet. Hoping to turn that corner soon and have the truck by June.

Reaction score
I just picked up my Ivory and Black/New Saddle 2021 Longhorn a week and a half ago and I am loving it so far. I was in your shoes a couple weeks ago, I wanted Patriot Blue Pearl Longhorn though I specifically wanted the Black/New Saddle interior. My issue was trying to find that color combo with the options I wanted and without placing a factory order. Unfortunately blue/brown color combos are not common, when I looked on Autotrader for new Longhorns that were Patriot Blue Pearl and had the 5.7L Hemi there were only 83 available in the country at that time, regardless of interior color, and the closest truck with the options I wanted was over 450 miles away. My work schedule doesn’t allow me to travel far for very long, so I had to compromise and look at other options. My second choice was Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl and simply adding that color expanded my options from 83 to 333 and luckily I found one near by that was less than 75 miles away (which I ultimately ended up bringing home with me a week later). I have a cousin who used to work as a sales rep for a dealership in the Akron area for a few years and he told me blue vehicles with brown interiors were the worst selling vehicles on the lot, so much so that if a sales rep ordered this color combo for the lot they would get crucified because it will sit on the lot for a long period of time. Since you plan on factory ordering this won’t be an issue but is still worth keeping in mind.

Reaction score
In terms of interior colors, here’s what my Longhorn looks like with the Black/New Saddle with the sunroof shade open. Pictures really don’t do this interior much justice, it really stands out better in person. I’ve been looking at the Longhorn trim level ever since I saw one at a local dealership over a year ago with this exact interior and instantly fell in love with it. What really helps brighten up this specific interior though is the panoramic sunroof. Here in the Great Lakes our weather is usually cloudy at least 65% of the year, so every little bit of extra light helps. I’m not a fan of sunroofs in general, but having it on this truck really helps it stand out and make it shine! If you’re looking at a Longhorn equipped with any options, I’ve noticed that 9 times out of 10 it will have the panoramic sunroof if you’re buying off the lot.

I will admit that I was in a unique position when I bought my Longhorn because my old man beat me to the punch at getting one! He picked up a used 2019 Longhorn, Delmonico Red Pearl with the Black/New Saddle interior in December and that truck really solidified my interest in that interior. In fact the differences between our Longhorns is almost all on the exterior. I just don’t understand why there’s so few Longhorns out there in general because I think this interior is the nicest I’ve ever seen in a vehicle, even with the cheesy alligator skin textures and belt buckles hanging off the back of the map pockets!

Attachments

• 53D768E0-C48B-468D-8BE4-06484BF1453F.jpeg
    53D768E0-C48B-468D-8BE4-06484BF1453F.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 89F8D589-5A6B-4245-877E-5CA3A5A27EF5.jpeg
    89F8D589-5A6B-4245-877E-5CA3A5A27EF5.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 63
  • ACBFD1A7-C402-4D04-80B3-3C35D87E6CC4.jpeg
    ACBFD1A7-C402-4D04-80B3-3C35D87E6CC4.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Matrixband

Reaction score
I just picked up my Ivory and Black/New Saddle 2021 Longhorn a week and a half ago and I am loving it so far. I was in your shoes a couple weeks ago, I wanted Patriot Blue Pearl Longhorn though I specifically wanted the Black/New Saddle interior. My issue was trying to find that color combo with the options I wanted and without placing a factory order. Unfortunately blue/brown color combos are not common, when I looked on Autotrader for new Longhorns that were Patriot Blue Pearl and had the 5.7L Hemi there were only 83 available in the country at that time, regardless of interior color, and the closest truck with the options I wanted was over 450 miles away. My work schedule doesn’t allow me to travel far for very long, so I had to compromise and look at other options. My second choice was Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl and simply adding that color expanded my options from 83 to 333 and luckily I found one near by that was less than 75 miles away (which I ultimately ended up bringing home with me a week later). I have a cousin who used to work as a sales rep for a dealership in the Akron area for a few years and he told me blue vehicles with brown interiors were the worst selling vehicles on the lot, so much so that if a sales rep ordered this color combo for the lot they would get crucified because it will sit on the lot for a long period of time. Since you plan on factory ordering this won’t be an issue but is still worth keeping in mind.
Thanks for the advice. I know you said you wanted the black/new saddle interior, which I am seriously considering. Do you think that 10th anniversary Mountain Brown interior would look ok with ivory white exterior based on wht you have now?

Matrixband

Reaction score
In terms of interior colors, here’s what my Longhorn looks like with the Black/New Saddle with the sunroof shade open. Pictures really don’t do this interior much justice, it really stands out better in person. I’ve been looking at the Longhorn trim level ever since I saw one at a local dealership over a year ago with this exact interior and instantly fell in love with it. What really helps brighten up this specific interior though is the panoramic sunroof. Here in the Great Lakes our weather is usually cloudy at least 65% of the year, so every little bit of extra light helps. I’m not a fan of sunroofs in general, but having it on this truck really helps it stand out and make it shine! If you’re looking at a Longhorn equipped with any options, I’ve noticed that 9 times out of 10 it will have the panoramic sunroof if you’re buying off the lot.

I will admit that I was in a unique position when I bought my Longhorn because my old man beat me to the punch at getting one! He picked up a used 2019 Longhorn, Delmonico Red Pearl with the Black/New Saddle interior in December and that truck really solidified my interest in that interior. In fact the differences between our Longhorns is almost all on the exterior. I just don’t understand why there’s so few Longhorns out there in general because I think this interior is the nicest I’ve ever seen in a vehicle, even with the cheesy alligator skin textures and belt buckles hanging off the back of the map pockets!
Oh, that is nice.
I live in the South, so hot summers are not conducive to huge sunroofs, but it does get cold here several months of the year. At least white reflects heat in the summer and gets a bit of light into the cabin by reflection. I saw an ivory white on the lot and it is very nice. My other vehicle is a white sedan with black interior and a sunroof, so the same combo?

Users who are viewing this thread