5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

redneck

Reaction score
i got the new saddle & black interior with white exterior i like the contrast on the inside. as for the mtn brown is too much brown everything blends together. also worried how dirty the suade will get in a few years

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I know you said you wanted the black/new saddle interior, which I am seriously considering. Do you think that 10th anniversary Mountain Brown interior would look ok with ivory white exterior based on wht you have now?
In all honesty I didn’t bother to look at any Longhorns with the Mountain Brown interior. I felt the amount of solid brown in the interior was too overwhelming to me when I saw photos of it online from various dealerships with them in stock, but to each their own. I never had the chance to see what that particular interior looks like in person, for some reason the dealerships near me seem to never have Longhorns in stock, new or used. Even with all the black in the interior the New Saddle balances everything out well, especially with the brushed trim pieces scattered throughout the dash.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You really can't lose here. Black/New Saddle is awesome; I have it with Delmonico Red, but Patriot Blue ran a close 2nd and Ivory would be very sleek too. I can't comment on the 10th anniversary edition.
Delmonico Red and Patriot Blue are my two favorites, as well. I ordered my Longhorn in Delmonico. With the Limited, I think indigo/frost interior and Patriot Blue is the ideal combo, but with Longhorn's interior (either choice), Delmonico Red is the perfect complement.

I test drove a 10th Anniversary with the brown leather, and while I like the suede inserts, I think think that's too much brown. And I current drive a Laramie with brown/tan interior.

(With my Longhorn, I didn't actually have a choice of interior color, as the brown is only available with the 10th Anniversary, and that package isn't offered with the 6'4" bed. But I would have picked new saddle/black regardless).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some interior photos from late ‘18, when I brought my Longhorn home. Looks exactly the same now!

Matrixband

Reaction score
Ok, after seeing the 10th-anniversary edition Brown interior, which I love the suede, and seeing the Black interior of the Limited. I have decided on the Black/New Saddle Longhorn interior. It was my first choice, but I have not actually seen it in person. I had a chance, one a two-hour drive from here, but it sold immediately. I think the black dash will be easier on my eyes as I have a black interior now. On the exterior, it's a closer call. I like the Ivory White, Patriot Blue, and the Delmonico Red, which is stunning. Again, my first love is the Patriot Blue. I have a white car, so white, though gorgeous and practical, is boring to me right now. With the Black/new saddle interior, red is a possibility, but, I am not a "red" person. Am I good with the Blue? I have seen it in person, so I am happy with it but it does tend to look somewhat dark on a cloudy day, looks best in the sun. I am going to have to order this truck to get what I want. I know blue will be harder to keep clean than white or red. I wish they had a suede seat version in the black/new saddle rather than the alligator print.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not a red car person either, but ever time I’ve seen Delmonico Red in person, I’ve loved it, so that’s what I ordered for my Longhorn.

Part of the reason I got it is because I’m not a red guy: this allowed me to be a little bit bolder than I’d normally be, but it’s not a bright, fire engine red. Most of my previous vehicles were conservative colors: black, grey, and (current) silver. Only my Patriot Blue/Silver Dakota was at all bold. I think I’m going to love my red Longhorn. Now if just they’d hurry up and build it!

Matrixband

Reaction score
Red or Blue? (photo for comparison only) IMG_1871.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 9

Yangster

Reaction score
Love my 21 Ltd Longhorn. Got the 10th anni package. Living in the Atlanta area, the black interior might be a little too hot. The mountain brown interior goes nice with the 2 tone white on brown exterior.

Attachments

• Pic 6.jpg
    Pic 6.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 20

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, after seeing the 10th-anniversary edition Brown interior, which I love the suede, and seeing the Black interior of the Limited. I have decided on the Black/New Saddle Longhorn interior. It was my first choice, but I have not actually seen it in person. I had a chance, one a two-hour drive from here, but it sold immediately. I think the black dash will be easier on my eyes as I have a black interior now. On the exterior, it's a closer call. I like the Ivory White, Patriot Blue, and the Delmonico Red, which is stunning. Again, my first love is the Patriot Blue. I have a white car, so white, though gorgeous and practical, is boring to me right now. With the Black/new saddle interior, red is a possibility, but, I am not a "red" person. Am I good with the Blue? I have seen it in person, so I am happy with it but it does tend to look somewhat dark on a cloudy day, looks best in the sun. I am going to have to order this truck to get what I want. I know blue will be harder to keep clean than white or red. I wish they had a suede seat version in the black/new saddle rather than the alligator print.
The blue will be great with the black/saddle. For pictures with Delmonico Red and black/saddle, see the link I posted above (and scroll up to exterior photos).

Matrixband

Reaction score
As per my other posting thread on chip shortages, I was Unable to order on April 30th. They could not get the Longhorn Package #1 to go through. I tried to order the Patriot Blue with Black New Saddle interior. I just went on a long trip and saw many Rams on the road. (Funny how if you get a car no one else has, you then see them everywhere) Rams are ubiquitous, so no surprise. On the highway, White is the dominant color in older models too. The older ones and HD ones pulling giant horse trailers or mobile homes. I do like the Ivory WHite and sometimes think that might be the better way to go long term, but that Blue-- looks fantastically great when clean and in the sun. It looks dull and awful when dirty on a cloudy day-at least the older models do. White looks good all the time, even when dirty. I just am tired of white vehicles. Maybe the 2022s will have other color choices. I may have to wait anyways if they can't resolve the ordering issues. Or, they still have the Ivory WHite Longhorn 10th anniversary on the lot... That interior brown is not quite, but still very nice.... Ordering gets all the options I want, but these days, that one on the lot is looking better and better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread