5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax tonneau cover installed (pics)

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Really like the look of this cover - any issues with it not folding up all the way when you haul items? Any concerns or issues with it scratching the second fold when the first one is folded over? Doesn’t look like there’s any padding between the two

Nope, no issues to speak of. If I know I'll be hauling something that the cover would interfere with, I just take it off before heading out to go get said item. Haven't seen any scratches or damage from the first fold laying on the second.

Caseyclan2017

Reaction score
Do you get a good weather seal? My biggest concern is the leaks I’ve read others having issues with the folding tops. My previous undercover is solid non folding and I never had a leak with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the Lomax on with Ramboxes? Curious how far it sits up or if noticeable from 15-20 feet away. It looks great on the standard bed. I was planning on the MX4 but like others think I am convinced to try the Lomax. Luke I will be in touch.

Also curious - I have teenagers and we like to experiment. Anyone use something like Plastidip to alter these and color match or accent the truck? We have an older 2001 Nissan Frontier we have done some Plastidip work on and when done right it holds up really well and looks pretty good. Just curious. I really liked the Peragon cover for the color match but sadly they have no plans to make a cover for the Rambox models.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I do love my Lomax cover ... And there's no beating the price from Luke at Truck Alterations. I can only thank members of this forum for pointing me in all the right directions. Much appreciated!

JeffK2019

Reaction score
I did find an install video relative to the Lomax and the Rambox system. While it looks a bit more complicated than some of the bed clamp videos, it doesn't appear like a major issue and does look pretty clean with the Ramboxes. I contacted Lucas and he said 7-10 days direct from Agri-Cover. I also noticed in another video the Lomax takes paint pretty well so considering how it would look matched up in Patriot Blue. With the Ramboxes and black tops of them - probably just enough to break up the color.

Jkstop

Reaction score
+1 for TruckAlterations. Just got the lomax for $675 shipped. 5’ bed WITH ramboxes. Contact Lucas.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had my Lomax for 18 months and I am still very happy with it, not leaks. I prefer the aluminum over the plastic or whatever it is they use on some of the BAK and Flex covers. They always warped and then bowed causing a lake on the cover when it rained with lots of leaking.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't checked but I would think at an angle as its just a little less wide then the truck.
This question was asked on another forum and did not get an answer. I believe I tried to get the dimension from Access and the person was not knowledgeable or gave me close enough numbers but not an answer. I would think someone tried to secure it in the back seat at some point or needed the full bed while transporting items. I have total faith the forum that this has been tried.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Can the Lomax fit in the back seat?

I did once, but won't again unless it's an emergency. It's really hard to get in without scratching up trim. It's also hard to get centered well enough that the doors don't hit it when they close.

Full disclosure..... I was in a bit of a hurry when I did it, so there's probably a better method.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did once, but won't again unless it's an emergency. It's really hard to get in without scratching up trim. It's also hard to get centered well enough that the doors don't hit it when they close.

Full disclosure..... I was in a bit of a hurry when I did it, so there's probably a better method.
Thanks for the reply.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reaction score
I’m looking at a lomax on craigslist right now. Anyone know if one from a 4th gen 5.7 bed will fit a 5th gen 5.7 bed?

John Galt

Reaction score
So Is this still a thing? No posts to this in over 2 years.

John Galt

Reaction score
Hi John

Are you asking if Lomax bed covers are available? If so, I purchased one last fall--Lomax Stance. Search my post history for link to the product.
I was wondering if they were still around if that “call for super discount“ thing is still a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread