5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax tonneau cover installed (pics)

Bwarren2

Reaction score

MattF

Reaction score
Same here. Glad I read up and came across this thread. I got it for 675.00 as well.
Hey did you call or email Jeff? Do you have an email for him? I think this is the cover for me!

Thanks much

Matt

geotex1

Reaction score
Hey did you call or email Jeff? Do you have an email for him? I think this is the cover for me!

Thanks much

Matt

http://www.truckalterations.com

Call. You'll probably get Luke. Small business with excellent customer service! The Lomax is awesome as I said just today in another thread as I put it on my 6'-4" bed. I talked to the designer of the cover as well, and even about the hinge problem of the past, which was actually caused by their supplier sending the wrong material. Their steps to handle the problem for customers is which sold me on avoiding any Truck Gear USA brands and going with Agri-Cover!

RichT

Reaction score
+100 on truckalterations.com

Just called to price a Retrax Pro XR and the price Lucus gave me was excellent. Couple hundred less then lowest I had found to date. Will order from them.

Jmaloneydo

Reaction score
Luke is the man! Totally hooked me up for the Lomax cover. Got it shipped within a few days to California and I just installed it in under an hour by myself this weekend. Love it, great look and fit and finish. Looks like it will be pretty water tight too. Very pleased so far.

Attachments

• 20190119_130435.jpg
    20190119_130435.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 230

Wolleworld

Reaction score
I really like the look of the Lomax. Can anyone comment on how the top holds up from scratches?

geotex1

Reaction score
I really like the look of the Lomax. Can anyone comment on how the top holds up from scratches?

It's textured powdercoat. Not sure what you might have scratching, but mine has taken the push broom for snow removal and dead branch dropping on it (~1.5" diameter) without harm.

Wolleworld

Reaction score
Thank You. That is exactly the response i was looking for. Pushing snow, being in woods, etc.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank this thread for the advice on who to call and what to buy - I went went with the Lomax from Luke @truckalter as well and can attest to the snow load claims. There was a dusting of snow that made its way in at the tailgate (that's not a very tight seal).

As to the talk about scratches above - I can say the fold over of the 1st two sections over the 3rd has to be done carefully. There are these aluminum channel 'stand offs' created with some seemingly scrap rubber seal which aren't covered fully. It's my one complaint with Lomax and consider it a design/qc flaw. It scratched the vinyl 'landing pad' stickers that exist on the 3rd section.

20190210_073810.jpg

Last edited:

Wolleworld

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the cover and the pic of it withstanding the snow. Please tell us that you took that Rebel out in that stuff!

geotex1

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank this thread for the advice on who to call and what to buy - I went went with the Lomax from Luke @truckalter as well and can attest to the snow load claims. There was a dusting of snow that made its way in at the tailgate (that's not a very tight seal).

As to the talk about scratches above - I can say the fold over of the 1st two sections over the 3rd has to be done carefully. There are these aluminum channel 'stand offs' created with some seemingly scrap rubber seal which aren't covered fully. It's my one complaint with Lomax and consider it a design/qc flaw. It scratched the vinyl 'landing pad' stickers that exist on the 3rd section.

View attachment 16078

Give Luke a call. He'll get you replacement stickers and the cushion I am sure.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please tell us that you took that Rebel out in that stuff!

Just a little fun sliding around haha; Donner Lake area was overcrowded with stranded drivers, but I got a chance to test out all the modes, abs limits etc

Give Luke a call. He'll get you replacement stickers and the cushion I am sure.

Good idea and I will! I have an idea for Lomax to revise their mount & weatherstrip cushion, I'll have to sketch it up and send it over

Caseyclan2017

Reaction score
Haven't really checked to be honest with you. My 6 year old wanted to be shut in the bed one time, and said he could see light around the tailgate. I'm sure some water is getting in there if the conditions are just right.
Really like the look of this cover - any issues with it not folding up all the way when you haul items? Any concerns or issues with it scratching the second fold when the first one is folded over? Doesn’t look like there’s any padding between the two

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/