5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited interior color

D

Deleted member103

I've noticed many folks here (not me) are "complaining about the light tan HeadLiner . . . it's on ALL trims, no ? But if not, the least costly option, assuming you love everything else -- FABRIC STAINS -- Don't go to Walmart, you won't get professional advice, but there are Fine Fabric & Leather (for that matter) Stores/Shops that sell this and/or offer "in-House" (in DT !) service as well ! When I purchased my Living Room Leather, I inquired about what happens to the leather a few years down the road . . . lots of variables there ! However, I bought a Better Quality package of ReConditioning Leather Wipes at the Place I bought the furniture ! Last year. after 5 years on, I tested it and liked, so did the 3 pieces -- bottom line, NICE, I was/am happy ! It does darken it up a bit, but it also brought out the "character markings" of the cowhide -- which I also very much like ! SO, find YOUR Fabric Store or on line and get "edumacated" ! Your "unwanted light tan could be any color you desire .
1f914.png
263a.png
1f44d.png

Savagescott

Reaction score
Just found this thread.... I'm ordering my black Limited soon and have leaning toward the Indigo/Frost interior. I've seen it in person and liked it but didn't really pay attention to the "indigo" part of the description. The picture earlier in the thread is the first I've seen that really shows the blue - I'm now leaning back toward black.

The lighter interior would be great with just frost and black but the blue makes it look trendy or gimmicky and would probably bug me now.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just found this thread.... I'm ordering my black Limited soon and have leaning toward the Indigo/Frost interior. I've seen it in person and liked it but didn't really pay attention to the "indigo" part of the description. The picture earlier in the thread is the first I've seen that really shows the blue - I'm now leaning back toward black.

The lighter interior would be great with just frost and black but the blue makes it look trendy or gimmicky and would probably bug me now.

I came to the same decision but I would advise going and looking at the Indigo/Frost if you are open to it at all. It really does look much better in person than in photos.
I thought the Frost was quite light and was worried about colors rubbing off on it (jeans, etc.). The Indigo was nice but I didn't like the way Ram used some black assemblies (lights, seat controls, etc.) right next to, or within, the Indigo panels. I've got some more Indigo/Frost pictures if you want.

anthtony

Reaction score
I came to the same decision but I would advise going and looking at the Indigo/Frost if you are open to it at all. It really does look much better in person than in photos.
I thought the Frost was quite light and was worried about colors rubbing off on it (jeans, etc.). The Indigo was nice but I didn't like the way Ram used some black assemblies (lights, seat controls, etc.) right next to, or within, the Indigo panels. I've got some more Indigo/Frost pictures if you want.
I aboslutely love the Indigo-frost interior. I swear I'm not color blind, but I see zero blue/indigo in the "Indigo Frost" interior. Is there something I am missing? Where is it?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Really nice combination, but the light seats are a bear to keep clean. I had a similar setup on my Mercedes SUV (light tan seats and black carpet and accents) and every time someone wearing jeans would ride in my vehicle, the seats would need to be cleaned due to the transfer from the denim. Just a PIA.

This time around I went with the all black interior, and I love every inch of it.

Neurobit.

IMG_4287.jpg

Reactions: Kaz

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I aboslutely love the Indigo-frost interior. I swear I'm not color blind, but I see zero blue/indigo in the "Indigo Frost" interior. Is there something I am missing? Where is it?

All the major interior parts that are black in the other photos are Navy Blue: dash, steering wheel, seat plastic, center console, carpet, etc.
If you look in this photo, you'll see the seat control panel is black and everything else is navy:
20180430_184038.jpg

stubright

Reaction score
I just picked up my Indigo/Frost and ivory. Limited w/rambox and that thing is beautiful!!! The blue is very dark so when you say blue most people cringe. The black is all black so you are going to cook in the Texas heat!! Like several have said Go take a look I think you will be very suprised just how upscale this thing looks!!!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up my Indigo/Frost and ivory. Limited w/rambox and that thing is beautiful!!! The blue is very dark so when you say blue most people cringe. The black is all black so you are going to cook in the Texas heat!! Like several have said Go take a look I think you will be very suprised just how upscale this thing looks!!!

Congrats on the pickup! Post some pics.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That very light frost color on the seats scares me. Too hard to keep clean. It is a truck and I use it like one. I like all the comforts of the higher trims. I do like the black/saddle interior on the Longhorn tho.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw the indigo/frost in person and it does look very nice. I just didn't want to worry about the cleaning part as I intend to own this truck for 10-15 years. My very light gray leather seats in my car have dye transfer from blue jeans and just general dirt that doesn't completely clean despite very frequent care/conditioning, etc. This will be my first vehicle with black interior too, so I like the change.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
My vote is Indigo/Frost, Every truck I have owned has been dark grey or black interior. However at this point in my life my truck is more for a pleasure vehicle than a work truck so I thought I would treat myself and boy am I glad I did. it is the nicest interior color combo I have ever had. It will put most so called luxury car interiors to shame.

anthtony

Reaction score
All the major interior parts that are black in the other photos are Navy Blue: dash, steering wheel, seat plastic, center console, carpet, etc.
If you look in this photo, you'll see the seat control panel is black and everything else is navy:
View attachment 4632
WOW, thanks for posting this. I see it now, but I honestly thought it was black! :) Still love the color (since I can't tell it's blue anyway :) )

D

Deleted member 85

Just curious about everyone's opinions. 99% of the limited's I'm seeing have the black interior. To me, the indigo frost is one of the nicest aspects of the new Limited. I'm definitely ordering that in mine. Just wondering if there is something weird that I'm missing or maybe most people just like all black interiors. I'll never own another all black interior. It's just too plain.
(see attachment)(see attachment)
I've got an Indigo Interior Black Limited that we are using as a sponsor demo... I'd happily offer a significant discount on it if you're interested/in the Pacific Northwest.

MyFavreInABox

Reaction score
I have to echo several comments saying you really need to see the indigo/frost in person. When we test drove one my wife didn’t believe me when I told her it was blue (while we were sitting in it). It really does look black until you start paying close attention and see black contrast against it. Frost is a very misleading color name. It is a not as light as implied and I would have no worrie about keeping it looking clean.

Savagescott

Reaction score
I almost wish I hadn't seen the pic that made the blue obvious. I honestly didn't notice it when we saw it in person. But..... now that I know it's blue, I fear it's going to bother me. I think the black interior is sharp, too... And no one wants to be sitting in a $65k truck regretting - or even questioning - their interior choice!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Grand Cherokee with the Frost interior I use for work and it shows dirt really bad. My Limited is on a train headed my way. This time around, I went with all black. I am in industrial sales and I never know when I may get grease, carbon black, or dirt on me.

stubright

Reaction score
I purchased this for My interior check it out on u-tube should do the trick
CarPro CQuartz Leather Coating 30 ML Kit CP111CQL

ericd

Reaction score
I've got an Indigo Interior Black Limited that we are using as a sponsor demo... I'd happily offer a significant discount on it if you're interested/in the Pacific Northwest.
If it's got RamBoxes I'd be interested

Users who are viewing this thread