5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited interior color

ericd

Reaction score
Just curious about everyone's opinions. 99% of the limited's I'm seeing have the black interior. To me, the indigo frost is one of the nicest aspects of the new Limited. I'm definitely ordering that in mine. Just wondering if there is something weird that I'm missing or maybe most people just like all black interiors. I'll never own another all black interior. It's just too plain.
(see attachment)(see attachment)

Attachments

• 75f7cc014be246feb89f28c05d23e5cc.jpg
    75f7cc014be246feb89f28c05d23e5cc.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 392
  • 016e5e70a7ff40fb842f87c2c4975f5e.jpg
    016e5e70a7ff40fb842f87c2c4975f5e.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 391

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the Indigo Frost as well. Would like to see it in person. I might go with the Limited just to get it. I do like the Longhorn black/brown interior though as well.

cjgerson

Reaction score
I currently have 2013 Limited with black interior and will be ordering a 2019 Limited with black again. I don't care for the indigo color. It may look nice with a Patriot Blue exterior, but for all other colors I feel like a blue-ish interior feels out of place. Just personal opinion though.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
cjgerson said:
I currently have 2013 Limited with black interior and will be ordering a 2019 Limited with black again. I don't care for the indigo color. It may look nice with a Patriot Blue exterior, but for all other colors I feel like a blue-ish interior feels out of place. Just personal opinion though.
It definitely has to be matched up with the right exterior color thats for sure.

anthonysnell

Reaction score
I have seen both and I feel the indigo has a more premium look over the black and I agree, it depends on the exterior choice also. I think it also depends on your use. I don't think its a good colour choice if you are using for a mix of construction/work related activities where the chance of it getting dirty is high.

The fact is that consumers are looking for more premium interiors/features and with this new ram, I think its going to pull customers that were traditional SUV/Crossover buyers over and who won't use a truck for its full capabilities. Perhaps, more of a family vehicle or business professional and this is where the colour is better suited.

D

Deleted member103

ericd said:
Just curious about everyone's opinions. 99% of the limited's I'm seeing have the black interior. To me, the indigo frost is one of the nicest aspects of the new Limited. I'm definitely ordering that in mine. Just wondering if there is something weird that I'm missing or maybe most people just like all black interiors. I'll never own another all black interior. It's just too plain.
(see attachment)(see attachment)
I agreed and it's why - In My Price Bracket - I will be choosing this --
263a.png
1f44d.png
Big Horn in Black/Light Mountain Brown Cloth

(see attachment)

Attachments

• 2019_Ram_1500_Interior-Seats-BigHorn-Overhead-BlackLightMountainBrown-Bucket.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    2019_Ram_1500_Interior-Seats-BigHorn-Overhead-BlackLightMountainBrown-Bucket.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 206
J

jimh4662@

I wish they would of offered solid mountain brown. My personal opinion is you don't have any choices. The two tones I feel has to much contrast. I went with mountain brown and light mountain, or cream color. Not my favorite but it was the better of the two. The prices of these trucks should have more choices on interior. Have black leather now which will be traded on the 2019. I guess Chrysler figures, hey you want other colors by a Chevy or Ford. So two tone Mountain brown it is.

D

Deleted member103

jimh4662@ said:
I wish they would of offered solid mountain brown. My personal opinion is you don't have any choices. The two tones I feel has to much contrast. I went with mountain brown and light mountain, or cream color. Not my favorite but it was the better of the two. The prices of these trucks should have more choices on interior. Have black leather now which will be traded on the 2019. I guess Chrysler figures, hey you want other colors by a Chevy or Ford. So two tone Mountain brown it is.
All Very Subjective but one must remember RAM/FCA, or any of them, can't possibly make EVERYONE happy - the costs to them - and thus us - would skyrocket even more ! Would you pay 70K for a Big Horn ?
263a.png

RAM 4times

Reaction score
i ordered my limited with the all black. i really don't like the indigo frost. and no question it will show dirt way more than the black. i'm with jared on the longhorn interior. i have a 13 longhorn with the black and cattle tan and i love it. was leaning towards getting another longhorn but what changed my mind they put more of the cattle tan on the door and made the back and the sides of the front seats black. still looks good but i wish they kept it like what the 13 thru the 18 had it.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
It definitely has to be matched up with the right exterior color thats for sure.
I seek your opinion . . . so are my 2 exterior preferences ok (?) or should I go with that Dark Brown Exterior - my dealer has ordered one in that flavor, yet to arrive (laramie or limited I think?) . again for this Interior -- edit; my 2 Exteriors are MAX. & Patriot .
(see attachment)

Attachments

• 2019_Ram_1500_Interior-Seats-BigHorn-Overhead-BlackLightMountainBrown-Bucket.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    2019_Ram_1500_Interior-Seats-BigHorn-Overhead-BlackLightMountainBrown-Bucket.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 148

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
I seek your opinion . . . so are my 2 exterior preferences ok (?) or should I go with that Dark Brown Exterior - my dealer has ordered one in that flavor, yet to arrive (laramie or limited I think?) . again for this Interior -- edit; my 2 Exteriors are MAX. & Patriot .
(see attachment)
I think Max steel and Patriot Blue both lend themselves well to a lighter color interior.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the Indigo Frost but I am a White kinda guy for the outside paint. I don't think it would match up well no matter how many times I try and tell myself, so I think I will stick with the Black like my 2015

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
I really like the Indigo Frost as well. Would like to see it in person. I might go with the Limited just to get it. I do like the Longhorn black/brown interior though as well.
I could be "persuaded" too . . . but these higher trim levels have too much "panache" for my blood ! For instance the Glove box wood door Detailing is Too Busy ! A "Clean Natural wood grain" is more to my taste, as is a High Quality CowHide stain in the Medium Brown spectrum !
Kinda like my Living room Furniture . But I know it gets very $$$$ very fast . . . just like in the RAM trims ! The Fancy Embroidery I can do without too ! DIFFERENT STROKES . . .
263a.png

1f914.png

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
What is the consensus on ext. colors to go with the indigo/frost interior?

ericd

Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
I'm doing black ext with indigo interior. I agree with some of the folks that the indigo may show a little more dirt but I'm not using a $65K truck for work/construction. I treat my trucks like luxury sedans so I'm not too worries about it.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
Id say Black, Patriot Blue, and Max Steel. I think Max Steel with indigo/frost would look really good.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I've now decided that the frost is just too light (pick up dirt) but I will say that seeing this color in person really opened me up to it. It looks far better in person than any picture but for me three things stood out.
1. I don't care for light colored headliners which this has. Maybe the Germans have conditioned me but I like a dark headliner.
2. The Limited wood laminate color is hard to pin down. It looks black compared to the Indigo interior (see steering wheel below) and looks dark blue compared to the Black interior. I'm assuming they use the same wood for all.

y4mDIZpa19VV3P55TxQUWaDddfjPCqKgZJpZJG31mTwyCAIChuMwKdfMrpP-UjUZ1_UTbEvIFwZDjxhOEOU-_uZNUOlnVECV6MS-f7GJX3RCnlYmBi_dBEtYWyMJA58CvhDE4JctpneqYJxM9NqmvXqHHiKBEGEXTBZYk6oWh-N-0Wr4_apfVxXYH3rHwjQGs4nTSrOD175JO_v3y7EhU2BPA

3. I'm not a big fan of the blue (Indigo) plastic trim especially when used with black parts like the headlight control below:

y4ma8mZL8ncJsImeIHNNWELFq_ssBBIkH6tnExVNKuou63pcrQlz51KkrhIzyjQolGZrtLPWBnGen3lueSObrqI0ZTuamo0N_fJFqhv9Iy0eZ9gi1T6xnUdiwsv90qA0Lv1SnFRCUrnwpC3pX4CVWoi45w84QIG_UPvf_ebUcBSbBzBENLDG_0_1JxvCu80MV8qMqfoGqUwTuLqE_2mDowgCw

But again, if you are thinking about this color go see it in person. It's very upscale and refined and almost had me.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to see one in person but like you, after having a few german sport sedans I'm pretty partial to a black headliner and pillars which I do miss on my current truck.

Thanks for the photos.
1f44d.png

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos @Edwards. Makes me feel more comfortable with the decision to pass on the Indigo interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/