5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likes and maybe some concerns on the new Ram 2019

Twoamen

Reaction score
Concern: One thing noticed is the ripple/flex in the hood while driving at 57 mph and higher. Long term paint durability maybe a concern.
Likes: I changed from black to Mountain brown interior to help with not having to vacuum out the inside so much. Brown carpet still shows the crud. But I do like the change of interior color. I feel it looks a lot more , Top Shelf, Up scale, Ritzy , cool, plush, Nice change. from the Grays/Blacks which seem standard anymore in all vehicles.
Like: Power steps.
Concern: Power steps develop tons of dirt on top when folded up. Routine driving conditions, rain, mud, and from tree debris this time of year.
Like: That power tailgate, lighter easy close.
Like: the 12 inch infotainment system.
Concern: The NAV system shows my to local roads speed limit at 55 mph on the display. Cool right? trouble is the posted speed limit is only 35 mph. Not sure what to do about this issue.
My 2014 reflected correct posted speed.
Concern: 275/55/-R20 standard tires supplied. What's with that? Mopar get a deal on the smaller tires, less weight, Come on Chrysler fill up them wheel wells.
Like: Standard Coil over shocks and coil rear suspension. Ride quality surprised me.
Like: AM radio works great with new shark fin antenna. (Have good talk radio in the area) Figured that needed said.
Like: Man is it a quiet ride.
Like: No hump rear floor.
Concern: Another owner brought up the rear floor mat to large to connect to the snaps, causing a small hump in center. He was right there is a rise and unsnapping did reveal maybe an inch to large.
may laying in the sun will stretch the rubber matting.
Concern: Not a real fan of these Semi weathertech floor mats.
Like: The Delmonico Red Pearl coat. WOW! is that a deep lustrous color.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good review!

Post up some pics, I'd like to see more of that color combo! I've got another black interior on order, but I found one on a lot with the light beige/mountain brown that fits the bill.

I've got the Mopar mats ready to go in, they seem nice but cost quite a bit less than the Husky X-Act Contours I had in my F150. Aside from the Mopars no other mats have been released yet.

On the tires, Ford has used that size for a few years now. Cheaper, lighter and helps with fuel economy

GM convert

Reaction score
I like the mats. With limited driving time the only suggestion I can think of so far is an option for the air ride to lower automatically. I’m getting used to the power running boards.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a good list, I'm sure we all appreciate hearing owners opinions. Beautiful truck as well.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Thanks... Oh the running boards are cool. Haven't got used to the noise of open and close. Makes you think "What the H... Is that. Oh and the dealer said they had to was it with the doors open. I said it has a switch to open them with the doors closed. They said the 12 inch display is so new they haven't even begun to understand. What a hoot.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Twoamen said:
Thanks... Oh the running boards are cool. Haven't got used to the noise of open and close. Makes you think "What the H... Is that. Oh and the dealer said they had to was it with the doors open. I said it has a switch to open them with the doors closed. They said the 12 inch display is so new they haven't even begun to understand. What a hoot.
Haven't got used to ----- "the noise of open and close" and closing?

"they had to was it with the doors open. " ---- what does this even mean?

CaliTex

Reaction score
alacombe said:
I’m guessing he meant to type “wash it with the doors open”.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CaliTex said:
I’m guessing he meant to type “wash it with the doors open”.
Why would you wash your car with the doors open?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To deploy the power running boards so they can be cleaned, is my guess.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the dealership had to wash the running boards with the door open because they couldn't figure out how to use the 12 inch screen to drop them manually. That is what his point was and why it was a hoot.

Dealerships (not all) don't really understand what they sale, and like most people, take no time to read the manual
263a.png

And the noise would be the operation of the steps.

sgk

Reaction score
alacombe said:
Haven't got used to ----- "the noise of open and close" and closing?

Ill chime in,

Im guessing he has not gotten used to the noise the power running boards make when they are opening and closing. So when he asked the dealer they told him " They had to, it was when the doors open"

I think i get it, power running boards are loud(not to me) but you have no choice because they activate when you open and close your door. ( you do however have the option to keep them always open or always closed)

Kramersp

Reaction score
This hood flexing thing is a major concern IMHO. This needs a fix ASAP or Ram will be buying lots of new hoods

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like there is a gap between the outer sheet metal and bracing on some trucks.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Yes to the corrections.
Hood flutter, apparently not structurally an issue with paint. Look up Hood Flutter. Been going on for years. Evidently a S. O. P. A lot of makes and models have the flutter. There is even hood flutter adhesive design to fix it. Must not be a problem for factorys to correct.

Users who are viewing this thread