5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling Strut Options - Bilstein vs. Rough Country

Bustedgrills

Reaction score
Doing a bit more research on it, some actually do go 6112/5100. I thought that wouldn't work right but ya learn something new every day...

With this pandemic, one could've never predicted the amount backorder for all the shock manufacturers. Hope you can find a set soon.
this is the shock combo I went with since the 5160s have been on back order everywhere...planning to install tues morning and mount 295/55r22 toyo at3s on thr stock night edition rims...ill post pics when it's done

Reactions: mp1

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I went with 5100s all around. You can always go with 6112s up front and 5160s in the rear like some do, but that obviously costs more. Quad 5100s are the cheapest route that will still give you great bang for your buck. The 5100s were night/day type better than the OE.

Hopefully next week I'll have Bilstein 8112/8100 series on my truck, which are the best they make for 1/2 tons.
They make the 8112s for our trucks?? 😮 I’m super interested to hear what you think about them. And if you could list a part number I’d appreciate it!

shmit140

Reaction score
Awesome mines sitting at 40.5” all around. I’m moving shock setting to #4 n adding spacer in rear
I have an ORP like you and I've been interested in the eibachs vs bilsteins as well. Where did you buy just the eibach adjustable fronts? They are out of stock on eibach's website and I'm not sure the best places to buy them. Did you swap out your upper control arms as well?

Also did you end up bumping the shock to #4 and adding the spacer in the rear? I'm curious if your ride got much harsher doing that or not. But I like the level look of yours on #3 but an option to go to #4 in the future could be nice. What size tires do you have on your truck?

Thanks!

Skg74

Reaction score
I did the Eibach pro lift kit and absolutely love it. Its a little more planted feeling when driving the truck. Front sits about 39" and 40" in the back. At first I went level but experienced a wobble while in 4x4 at around 10-15 mph, so I then lowered it down a notch. I know some people think UCA aren't necessary, but I would at least put on the MOPAR ones that come with there 2" kit. My truck rides a lot better after I installed them.

before-

tuck 1.jpg

After-

Truck.jpg

I know I need bigger tires yet, but I plan on burning the stockers off first.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread