5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling 2021 Rebel with Air-Suspension

Finhunter619

Reaction score
So I have the front & rear lifting links kit, (I think Revel). I just want the truck to sit level or very close to it. I would like to use a slightly bigger tire. 285/75/18 which is only about 1 1/2" taller than stock 275 70/18. The air ride still functions properly after adding the leveling links?

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
So I have the front & rear lifting links kit, (I think Revel). I just want the truck to sit level or very close to it. I would like to use a slightly bigger tire. 285/75/18 which is only about 1 1/2" taller than stock 275 70/18. The air ride still functions properly after adding the leveling links?
yes it will. depending on how short the links are, the offroad 2 mode may not be usuable though

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Our links are adjustable. You can get level or real close to it and still have full functionality of all modes. If you shorten the links too much for too much lift, it will ride rough and cause air suspension errors or issues with some modes not work as stated above. On our Rebel, we were level and all modes still worked. It also still rode good.

Finhunter619

Reaction score
yes it will. depending on how short the links are, the offroad 2 mode may not be usuable though
So adding about 1 1/2 inch increase in the front for a more level ride should allow the modes to still function properly? I dont really use the off road mode. It reduces height automatically when going faster than 15 mph. anyways.. Does anyone know if this stops the aero dynamic node from coming on?

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
So adding about 1 1/2 inch increase in the front for a more level ride should allow the modes to still function properly? I dont really use the off road mode. It reduces height automatically when going faster than 15 mph. anyways.. Does anyone know if this stops the aero dynamic node from coming on?
i made my own iinks from threaded rod and ball stud sockets. aero works fine, i can use off road 1 if i wanted too, but not off road 2. i use neither off road modes honestly

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If you set them too high it will affect the offroad modes. It will also ride harsh. I have never seen them affect Aero mode. We played with them a lot on our Rebel when we had it.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Our links are adjustable. You can get level or real close to it and still have full functionality of all modes. If you shorten the links too much for too much lift, it will ride rough and cause air suspension errors or issues with some modes not work as stated above. On our Rebel, we were level and all modes still worked. It also still rode good.
Do you do installs? I'm west valley

Fast6.3

Reaction score
I just installed the revel daystar kit with ucas.
Looks awesome rides great . All modes work.
I put method 18x9 wheels +23 offset and 295/70/18 Cooper AT3 tires. No rub whatsoever

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpeg
    IMG_0972.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 27

Mulderab

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can check my math to make sure I'm planning everything correctly. My goal is to install the daystar level kit on the 2020 Rebel with air suspension and keep the factory ride quality.

The daystar spacer measures 35mm thick, current front air suspension link it 70mm, do I add them up to make 105mm links? OR is my geometry off where the link sees less movement than the front spring and I need to apply a factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online