5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's see those running boards/side steps

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
thats exactly what i told the dude. i opened a ticket with westin support, which they closed with no answer. Then i opened another one, which is still open...so far.
The instructions trail off at the installing the brackets part, go figure. and the hangers rub unless you flip them P and D, but then the lower holes dont line up well to the oval bar.

thats exactly where im at right now. and hanging the brackets under the bed were kind of a pain. i like how the bars look though.
I think I had a similar issue when I installed my Westins. I had to move brackets and bars around until I found the right configuration to get all the holes to line up. Tried one bar on one side, then moved it to the other side, then flipped it around, then moved the brackets around etc.. Took some time but finally found the right configuration of bracket and bar configuration. Agree, instructions could be better and brackets better labeled for position.

sntwnsnd

Reaction score
Believe those are Mopar 82215301AC and want to get a set for my new Big Horn I just picked up. Going to talk to the dealer tomorrow since some mopar sites want to charge almost $300+ just to ship to Maine...
The 82215301AC are a little different, I have them on my truck.

Attachments

• D826EEBC-F903-4206-9C6E-489FDE4669AA.jpeg
    D826EEBC-F903-4206-9C6E-489FDE4669AA.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 447

IrishRED

Reaction score
Westin Hdx drop stainless series . Love the function and the look . My Rebel is happy .
I see now you have had these for a while so I wanted to ask how they were holding up? Also, any install issues? I am looking at the HDX Wheel to Wheel for mine.

IrishRED

Reaction score
Westin HDX Extreme Nerf Steps. Had them on there for awhile. This design is only made for Ram trucks
I see now you have had these for a while so I wanted to ask how they were holding up? Also, any install issues? I am looking at the HDX Wheel to Wheel for mine.

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
They look great, and I am looking at the same for mine. Any issues with the install? I have read that some Westins have poor instructions and brackets need to be switched around, from what the instructions say, for proper fit.
The included instructions were a joke. If you go to the Westin website and print out the directions there, they help a little more. The brackets bolting onto the bed were the only issue, they were a pain in the rear!

saylor

Reaction score
ive been arguing with westin over the last week or two. i opened a ticket and they closed it with no action. So I opened another with the title of the first + CLOSED MY TICKET WITH NO RESOLUTION -
had to open 4 tickets in this manner.
finally got someones attention.
they never admitted they were wrong at any point, or that they had newer instructions, or that they had had previous complaints.

but - they shipped me a whole mounting kit in a box seperate SKU by itself.

they shipped the HDX kit even though I have the ovals.

i havent got into it yet to compare the brackets.

stay tuned.

saylor

Reaction score
I know you just put them on, and yes, I am asking everyone, but were there any installation issues you ran into?
i can give you an easy example - in the oval kit it provides 2 washers for a piece, and calls for 2 washers by the instructions.

but you need 2 washers FOR EACH side.

and the kit only provides 2 total. and only shows 2 total in the instructions and the parts item list.

its just wrong.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i can give you an easy example - in the oval kit it provides 2 washers for a piece, and calls for 2 washers by the instructions.

but you need 2 washers FOR EACH side.

and the kit only provides 2 total. and only shows 2 total in the instructions and the parts item list.

its just wrong.
Westin, Carid :poop: (n), Purchased a Westin bed mat from Carid. Fit was not correct and not for the 2019 Ram new model. Neither responded to my email so I give both the :poop:(n).

GrayRam20

Reaction score
I'll grab some more later today. These are the one i had on my phone. They sit fairly flush with my tires from head on view. About 4ish inches of footspace. Wife approved as well!
What's your set up with lift/tires? i like the fact it doesn't seem to impede on ground clearance that much , but will be helpful for the kids and gf getting in lol

stalkerish

Reaction score
What's your set up with lift/tires? i like the fact it doesn't seem to impede on ground clearance that much , but will be helpful for the kids and gf getting in lol

Thanks, i have a RC 2inch level with with UCAs, 305/65/18s on fuel rebel 18x9 -12. The nerf bars work great, the holes do allow a good amount of grime to fly up however.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Thanks, i have a RC 2inch level with with UCAs, 305/65/18s on fuel rebel 18x9 -12. The nerf bars work great, the holes do allow a good amount of grime to fly up however.
Thanks for the info, idc about the grime, its for the ease of my dad and my gf n her kids to get into with the 2" lift and 34". should help that little bit, but I don't want to loose the clearance from the lift/Tires i did for off-roading.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Barricade 4 inch ovals. Should have gone with 5 inch

Attachments

• 32684.jpeg
    32684.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 298

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Barricade 4 inch ovals. Should have gone with 5 inch
Thats more of an "old School" set up with the small diameter bars that curve in towards the truck. That style is what i put on my 98 Ram Sport or 02 sport many years ago.

Good thing is you have plenty of modern or more agressive style choices and you can probably recoup your money for your current bars.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
N fab. Onyx steps i believe

Attachments

• 142A55B1-CB41-4AFA-B672-F96ECA4E7B45.jpeg
    142A55B1-CB41-4AFA-B672-F96ECA4E7B45.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 267

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats more of an "old School" set up with the small diameter bars that curve in towards the truck. That style is what i put on my 98 Ram Sport or 02 sport many years ago.

Good thing is you have plenty of modern or more agressive style choices and you can probably recoup your money for your current bars.
Def old school look. Pic makes them look a bit thinner than they really are too. I like that they mount to the body bolts. Very stable.

Probably will change them out next year to something like you mentioned.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Def old school look. Pic makes them look a bit thinner than they really are too. I like that they mount to the body bolts. Very stable.

Probably will change them out next year to something like you mentioned.

I think the look is complimented by the OWL of the tires. I dig it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread