5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let there be light!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thought this was pretty cool. I think I’m about done adding lights to my truck now. At least for a few days anyways lol.
nicely done. Can’t wait to do my grill lights. What did you tap into to switch them?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nicely done. Can’t wait to do my grill lights. What did you tap into to switch them?
That Sam’s trailer parking lamp fuse under the hood. I think it’s F12. But just using that as the trigger wire for a relay. That makes it so the amber lights only come on when I have my headlights on, I didn’t want them on as DRLs.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That Sam’s trailer parking lamp fuse under the hood. I think it’s F12. But just using that as the trigger wire for a relay. That makes it so the amber lights only come on when I have my headlights on, I didn’t want them on as DRLs.
Very cool. Did you just put the wire under the fuse?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very cool. Did you just put the wire under the fuse?
Ya, same as my grille lights. I have these and those amber grille lights on the same relay. The left leg of the fuse spot, as you're looking down at it with the fuse pulled, is the switched side. So just expose enough of your wire to tuck down in there next to the pole of the position, then push the fuse back down into position just til it's snug. I'm using just a 20g wire since it doesn't take much power at all to trigger the relay.

I'd much rather be able to use an actual fuse tap, but there just isn't a fused spot that is activated with the parking lamp circuit other than F12, which is the box style fuse unfortunately. The main power for the relay is fused of course.

Users who are viewing this thread