5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your Dogs!

Otto

Reaction score
My new co-pilot in training Freya. 10 weeks old German Shepherd, damn near as noisy as a Husky.

Then there is the family dog Yoda the Corgi. He's not a big fan of me.
e391cabebab3ecc9a3defc0cd331044c.jpg
d29c67ce26328b5249d1949dcc207423.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
First road trip in the new Ram was to Oklahoma City to pick up these two from a ****er Spaniel Rescue about 5 weeks after I bought it. Odie on the left, Milo on the right. And yes, everything in this pic needs to be trimmed. I think they were distracted by a squirrel taunting them from the fence, so I had to zoom in and snap the pic while they were sitting still.

IMG_20211118_175412242.jpg

We originally made the trip for Odie, who is 3, but the rescue lady had brought Milo just in case Odie didn't like us. I don't think Odie's ever met anybody he didn't like, but Milo warmed up to me right off the bat, to the surprise of the lady. Milo is 6, has a full cataract in his left eye, and needed a home, too. I hate seeing all the animals at rescues who are older and 'imperfect' that never seem to get rescued, so he came home with us as well. They're both such good boys - all the other dogs in the neighborhood can be barking their heads off, but these two never get fazed. Best boys ever!

Here's one from the night we met them at the hotel and added them to the family (the cats are still pissed, but they'll get over it... I hope). Odie had to wear the 'diaper' for a little while as it took a little longer for the spot where the rescue lady chipped him to close-up.
IMG_20210801_011521596.jpg

The lady kept on about how they were crate trained, and even gave us one out of her car. I asked them if they wanted to get in their crate, and they both just kind of looked over at me with that "really?" look on their faces. Yeah... I didn't think so, either. Doggie batteries depleted.
IMG_20210801_013855366.jpg

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is Baaya 3yo and Simba 6month old both Rhodesian Ridgebacks, great with kids and great gaurds dogs, they are family!

Attachments

• Resized_20210727_113010.jpeg
    Resized_20210727_113010.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211129_100930.jpg
    20211129_100930.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211129_100910.jpg
    20211129_100910.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20211104_151614.jpg
    20211104_151614.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20211104_151436.jpg
    20211104_151436.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211004_184923.jpg
    20211004_184923.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 34

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here's our rescue. I hate to think what his past life entailed. We saw him at a shelter and his face was cut up, nose was a big red abrasion, teeth were mostly gone, skin and bones from not eating and there was a hole in the roof of his mouth to his nasal cavity.

We took him in. Had a few operations done to fix his mouth. He still has nerve damage and his tongue hangs out one side. He has had the good life the past 5 years though with a bed in every room.

And some don't understand why I don't like people in general. Ones that did that kind of stuff just make it hard to respect people as a whole.
20210425_192957.jpg

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my service dog last week. I can’t believe how good this dog is with minimal direction from me. I’m amazed. He’s an American Staffordshire.
I love my AmStaff. Great dogs, unshakeable (brave), very smart and loyal. A lot of people have started to realize they're not just an "evil pitbull" and are training them for service/work. Yes, if you didn't know they're part of the group of dogs people consider pitbulls. Those would be the Staffordsire Terrier (aka Staffordshire Bull Terrier), American Staffordsire Terrier (AmStaff), Pittbull Terrier, American Bully (a relatively new breed) and occasionally the Bull Terrier. So if someone mentions your "Pittie", don't be offended.
Anyway, the many variations of "pitbull" are being used as service dogs, as well as working dogs. It turns out that their loyalty is great for service, and their bravery is great for working dogs that may be in environments that other dogs could be skittish around such as noise, crowds, etc.

Here's ours, Radar. He's wearing a coat because it's cold going outside in the snow, and judging by that signature Pittie smile, I think he likes it.
IMG_20191124_110321502 resize.jpg

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Here's our rescue. I hate to think what his past life entailed. We saw him at a shelter and his face was cut up, nose was a big red abrasion, teeth were mostly gone, skin and bones from not eating and there was a hole in the roof of his mouth to his nasal cavity.

We took him in. Had a few operations done to fix his mouth. He still has nerve damage and his tongue hangs out one side. He has had the good life the past 5 years though with a bed in every room.

And some don't understand why I don't like people in general. Ones that did that kind of stuff just make it hard to respect people as a whole.
View attachment 114233
Exactly! After hearing stories about how even the Salvation Army has gone woke a few weeks ago, I made the easy decision to ignore the bell-ringer and head to the ASPCA booth right next to it. The ASPCA guys asked why I picked them over the bell-ringer, and I told him, "It's because people have the capacity to do things for themselves, including finding their own way toward bettering their lives. Animals, not so much... they depend on people for that to happen, and way too often, people let them down and even make things worse. It breaks my heart to think that people have it in them to neglect and even willfully harm innocent animals that just want to love us." I seem to lose a little more faith in people on a daily basis.

Beautiful pups in all these pictures - thanks for sharing! I'm not religious by any means, but I feel truly blessed to share my life with such loving creatures.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
We do still miss Max, I found him as a stray, he was in bad shape, vet said he was some kind of Collie mix,, how could someone abandon a dog as sweet and loving as him? He was with us for 14 years, RIP old friend.
Max on SeaRay 1.jpg
Max on Hatteras 1.jpg

He traveled everywhere with us on our boats, up and down both coasts of Florida, and he even came with me to Hawaii (and back to Florida). I'll be he peed more places on earth than any other dog :giggle:.

I'm saving his ashes in case they can ever clone a dog from them.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread