5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your Dogs!

This sweet baby was abandoned near where my mother in law lives.
We spent 5 days feeding her to get her to start trusting us.
Now she's part of our rescue pack.View attachment 190604

Great that you're taking care of her. It's always shocking to see the level of scumbags that abandon their pets. It's not that difficult to take them to a shelter. Sure, they're likely to be euthanized, but that's still better than starving to death, getting eaten by a coyote, or being run over by a car.

A previous client of mine was a local Humane Society. They offer vet services, but are not a shelter. Idiots would abandon their dogs in the parking lot, not realizing the actual shelter is practically across the street. This is on a very busy 4 lane street in San Bernadino. One time I was getting tools from my truck and saw a small dog hiding behind a vending machine shaking. Come on now! If you had a lapse in judgement when you took in the pet, fine. But please at least make sure they're safe when you give up on them.

Also watched a customer leaving, kiss her dog before locking it in the trunk of a sedan. Ok then...

Great that you're taking care of her. It's always shocking to see the level of scumbags that abandon their pets. It's not that difficult to take them to a shelter. Sure, they're likely to be euthanized, but that's still better than starving to death, getting eaten by a coyote, or being run over by a car.

A previous client of mine was a local Humane Society. They offer vet services, but are not a shelter. Idiots would abandon their dogs in the parking lot, not realizing the actual shelter is practically across the street. This is on a very busy 4 lane street in San Bernadino. One time I was getting tools from my truck and saw a small dog hiding behind a vending machine shaking. Come on now! If you had a lapse in judgement when you took in the pet, fine. But please at least make sure they're safe when you give up on them.

Also watched a customer leaving, kiss her dog before locking it in the trunk of a sedan. Ok then...
Unfortunately, most of the shelters in my AO are saying they are at capacity. It saddens me to know that they are making room by euthanizing some of the animals in their care.
We donate to the Houston SPCA every month to try and help them out a bit, but I can't imagine how expensive it is to run a shelter.

Megan & Jack

Attachments

• IMG_0868.PNG
    IMG_0868.PNG
    348.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
Megan & Jack

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg