5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your Dogs!

logboom

Reaction score
Messi update:

We would love Messi the same even if he was never a MWD. It’s just that everything we find out about his incredible life make us so proud of him and his accomplishments. Just like a parent would feel about their children. We were contacted the other day by Messi’s first handler who was with Messi for six years. He shared some of Messi’s accomplishments and some pics and I thought I’d share them here. We also spoke with one of Messi’s other past trainer/handlers as well and received more info from him.

Some of the cool things Messi has done:

Messi found something in a very crowded building that the President was in (due to secrecy, we do not know which President or building). The handler happened to be walking through the building with Messi, when out of nowhere he started to pull his handler into the middle of the crowd. There were other handlers with their dogs in the area, and at first he thought Messi was trying to pick a fight with another dog because he never pulled so hard before. Messi alerts to something and they evacuated the building and bomb squad came and took care of it. For that Messi and his handler were awarded the Meritorious Service Medal.

Messi worked President Trumps inauguration night and Messi got to meet Trump. (Messi received lots of love from Trump)

Messi spent 2 weeks in the Hamptons for then Vice President Biden‘s vacation, and Messi lived on the beach, enjoying the water, between working.

Messi spent a week on full detail solely protecting the President of Afghanistan throughout NYC for the United Nations General Assembly.

Messi spent 2 weeks traveling with the Pope when he visited Philly and NYC.

According to his handler: “Messi was like my little knucklehead brother but we could read each other like nothing I ever seen before. At the time, he was the best dog in the kennel. There was nothing and I mean nothing that he couldn’t find. He was unstoppable in his prime.”

NOW… he is loving retirement and we are trying make sure he is very well taken care of and spoiled rotten.

View attachment 153904 View attachment 153905 View attachment 153906 View attachment 153907 View attachment 153908 View attachment 153909

Now he is retired and getting the royal treatment.

View attachment 153910 View attachment 153911

Incredible story, thanks for sharing it!!

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the hair, grab yourself a medium length furminator if you don't already have one. Or you can use a cheaper option like this (works pretty well)
shedding brush

We use an undercoat rake on him. It takes a ton of hair off each time we use it (Several times a week). The Furminator works better on our short haired dog.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...and a Lilly brush is awesome for getting dog hair out of furniture fabric and car seats/carpets. View attachment 166580

Looks like it would work well. I’ve found this thing works fantastic as a vacuum attachment. I use it in my girlfriend’s car to get the dog hair out of the carpet. No dogs in my truck. The hair is bad enough in the house. My truck is my clean space.

IMG_0068.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread