5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your Dogs!

Loudram

Reaction score
Heartbroken 🥲
I lost my Big Buddy King George on Wednesday. He went out on his own in the backyard. Not unexpected I think he was telling me it was time but we are still devastated including his little canine sister Ruby. He was the best $100.00 bucks I have ever spent on Craig’s list! He lived a good long life twelve and a half years for a big guy 120 lbs and he was my best man when we were married on the dog beach in San Diego. Thankful for the time we had, the memories and even the white hair I’ll never get out of my REBEL!
I'm sorry to hear that. I know it hurts.

jkm312

Reaction score
Heartbroken 🥲
I lost my Big Buddy King George on Wednesday. He went out on his own in the backyard. Not unexpected I think he was telling me it was time but we are still devastated including his little canine sister Ruby. He was the best $100.00 bucks I have ever spent on Craig’s list! He lived a good long life twelve and a half years for a big guy 120 lbs and he was my best man when we were married on the dog beach in San Diego. Thankful for the time we had, the memories and even the white hair I’ll never get out of my REBEL!
I understand your sorrow. We have been thru it several times over the years with our Boxer's. They leave you with their memories.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
I understand your sorrow. We have been thru it several times over the years with our Boxer's. They leave you with their memories.
King George’s mom was a white Boxer and his dad was a Bone Mouth SharPei which are almost extinct. He had traits from both. Goofie clown like a boxer but aloof like a SharPei. It was the Boxer side that would have crawled on one leg to be near me and his Mommy.
Thank you for your kind response.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Messi update:

We would love Messi the same even if he was never a MWD. It’s just that everything we find out about his incredible life make us so proud of him and his accomplishments. Just like a parent would feel about their children. We were contacted the other day by Messi’s first handler who was with Messi for six years. He shared some of Messi’s accomplishments and some pics and I thought I’d share them here. We also spoke with one of Messi’s other past trainer/handlers as well and received more info from him.

Some of the cool things Messi has done:

Messi found something in a very crowded building that the President was in (due to secrecy, we do not know which President or building). The handler happened to be walking through the building with Messi, when out of nowhere he started to pull his handler into the middle of the crowd. There were other handlers with their dogs in the area, and at first he thought Messi was trying to pick a fight with another dog because he never pulled so hard before. Messi alerts to something and they evacuated the building and bomb squad came and took care of it. For that Messi and his handler were awarded the Meritorious Service Medal.

Messi worked President Trumps inauguration night and Messi got to meet Trump. (Messi received lots of love from Trump)

Messi spent 2 weeks in the Hamptons for then Vice President Biden‘s vacation, and Messi lived on the beach, enjoying the water, between working.

Messi spent a week on full detail solely protecting the President of Afghanistan throughout NYC for the United Nations General Assembly.

Messi spent 2 weeks traveling with the Pope when he visited Philly and NYC.

According to his handler: “Messi was like my little knucklehead brother but we could read each other like nothing I ever seen before. At the time, he was the best dog in the kennel. There was nothing and I mean nothing that he couldn’t find. He was unstoppable in his prime.”

NOW… he is loving retirement and we are trying make sure he is very well taken care of and spoiled rotten.

E37EB700-2D26-4348-8BD0-0FF713ECD67C.jpeg B54A71E0-B7CE-403E-B422-516DA647A3C5.jpeg 1361ABC2-136E-4257-B660-B885A39A5B90.jpeg AF894621-479A-4CFB-9356-F1A1A1ACC1DD.jpeg 9BEEAEE9-EC0E-4BC8-9F73-E6C6AAFC87E0.jpeg C9E233AF-66F5-4294-AABB-5D5439FC67D9.jpeg

Now he is retired and getting the royal treatment.

1F6BF06C-EE3C-41BF-A897-D623F83EE468.jpeg 5E23AB4B-5E93-49EE-B163-EC6169716224.jpeg

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This isn’t Addie’s first appearance here, but we just got back from a backpacking trip and I wanted to show her off again

28DD0A7B-AB6E-493C-A75D-5BF5D48FA044.jpeg 93B18D6B-E444-4D7D-BCD0-9B91F9C0C1D9.jpeg 88355464-7D38-4B6A-8795-11E009A03461.jpeg
I was planning on about 30 miles over three days/two nights, but the second day, it rained (which I didn’t notice in the forecast).

The second day would have us doing at least a dozen river crossings. I’ve hiked that trail before, and most crossings are below calf deep, but a few are knee to waist deep, and the rain wouldn’t help. The idea of camping another day, cold, wet, and no opportunity to dry off didn’t appeal to me, so we turned around and backtracked back to the truck.

After 10 miles hiking in constant rain, it was good to get into a truck with heated seats and steering wheel.

We still got in 20 quality miles, had a beautiful camp site, and it was all worth it. I’ll be back to do the whole trip.

P.S. While I hiked 20 miles, she must have done at least 30. When I got home, I waddled inside, stiff and sore, but she charged around the yard then played with her best friend dog neighbor. I wish I had 10% of her energy and agility.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online