5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your coffee mug!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, I didn’t know I was living in good times, there’s two right down the road from me. Although, truth be told, we don’t go very often because my wife doesn't like it.
My wife doesn’t either. When I went on a vacation a few months ago to my in-laws in NC, I would wake up at 5AM every day and go to the waffle house by myself to get some quiet time. It was pure bliss, but my digestive system hated me after eating there for 6 days straight.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s cold in my office, so I’m using my beat-up Contigo mug.

DEAD3E9D-54D1-434F-8E1A-A74AB26E301B.jpeg

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured out how to make Dunkin coffee taste good

View attachment 117723
I've never been a fan of their coffee whether it's from their store or if I brew it at home.

There are plenty of coffee shops around but Starbucks is "the place" around here and there's always a line in the drive-thru (that's pre-COVID too), even when they are only blocks apart.

My wife and I took a trip out to Texas. The first morning I went to Starbucks to get us a couple of coffees and fully expected to be waiting in the drive-thru for 15 minutes or so. When I got there I was the second person in line. I commented how lucky I was to catch them when the line was slow and they said it's normal. They told me that Dunkin' is "the place" there and, as I left, I saw one across the street and the line was ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty that feel the other way which is how so many chains/mom & pops stay in business.

My parents were ginormous coffee drinkers in their 'younger' years (they are in their 80s now) so one deployment I bought a Starbucks City Mug at every place we pulled into port and gave it to them for their collection. I saved one for myself that I use at the office (from Jebel Ali/Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)). It's 15 oz so suits me perfectly for a cup or two during the day:

IMG-3997.jpg

IMG-3998.jpg

My favorite one at home is from my kids. I was underway and my wife took the kids to Disneyland. I'm a huge Nightmare before Christmas fan, especially the Mayor, so they got me this:

IMG-3999.jpg

IMG-4001.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of their coffee whether it's from their store or if I brew it at home.

There are plenty of coffee shops around but Starbucks is "the place" around here and there's always a line in the drive-thru (that's pre-COVID too), even when they are only blocks apart.

My wife and I took a trip out to Texas. The first morning I went to Starbucks to get us a couple of coffees and fully expected to be waiting in the drive-thru for 15 minutes or so. When I got there I was the second person in line. I commented how lucky I was to catch them when the line was slow and they said it's normal. They told me that Dunkin' is "the place" there and, as I left, I saw one across the street and the line was ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty that feel the other way which is how so many chains/mom & pops stay in business.

My parents were ginormous coffee drinkers in their 'younger' years (they are in their 80s now) so one deployment I bought a Starbucks City Mug at every place we pulled into port and gave it to them for their collection. I saved one for myself that I use at the office (from Jebel Ali/Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)). It's 15 oz so suits me perfectly for a cup or two during the day:

View attachment 117754

View attachment 117755

My favorite one at home is from my kids. I was underway and my wife took the kids to Disneyland. I'm a huge Nightmare before Christmas fan, especially the Mayor, so they got me this:

View attachment 117763

View attachment 117764

That UAE cup reminds me of my time in. I did several deployments, but only one on a ship. We hit Dubai 5 times during that deployment. It was fun seeing some of Dubai and going to the man-made island, but I couldn’t stand the way they treated Americans. We were turned away several times at restaurants because the servers seating us would ask everyone around the empty table if it was ok that we sit there. I was not happy about that at all.

On a different note, I do love Starbucks dark roast! I like it thick enough to chew, and only drink it black.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That UAE cup reminds me of my time in. I did several deployments, but only one on a ship. We hit Dubai 5 times during that deployment. It was fun seeing some of Dubai and going to the man-made island, but I couldn’t stand the way they treated Americans. We were turned away several times at restaurants because the servers seating us would ask everyone around the empty table if it was ok that we sit there. I was not happy about that at all.

On a different note, I do love Starbucks dark roast! I like it thick enough to chew, and only drink it black.
Thank you for your service.

In my young days I would drink my coffee "neat" (dark and strong enough to sift the grounds through my teeth) when pulling an all-nighter cramming for an exam or finishing the term paper I put off for 3 months. Nowadays there's plenty of sweetener and heavy cream for a nice "smooth" finish now that I'm in my wiser years 😉.

Dubai has changed a lot over the years. It has westernized a lot between my first visit (1995) and last one (2012), especially with the addition of Burj Dubai. There were still some traditional parts that were unofficially "locals only" but that goes for a lot of other places I've been - Tokyo, Bahrain, etc. Most places in Asia, though, I have found are more than happy to serve you and take your money no matter who you are.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I finally retired my Starbucks 16oz stainless Lucy for a 16oz Burnout Tumbler.

The last sip is just as hot as the first, even if it’s 3 hours later.

5f6da260e5e072891ec3b870dfeb86d0.jpg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today’s cup. This thing‘s been sitting in storage for over a year since I moved to the new house and I forgot it was there. Got it “free” for spending $25k over the course of a year on Snap-On tools in the early 2000’s.

C20AD574-5C6B-4E4A-A9B1-A598EC4A8CF2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/