5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your coffee mug!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Senior discount?

Fast Answer: McDonald’s offers a senior coffee discount to senior citizens. Coffee is available at many McDonald’s locations at discounted prices for seniors aged 55 and above. However, there’s no company-wide senior discount policy. Since McDonald’s has many franchised locations and it’s left upon individual owners to set their own discounts. Thus, participation and senior discount promotions vary from restaurant to restaurant.

Typically, regular coffee prices are between $1 to $1.5 at McDonald’s. However, in most locations, McDonald’s senior discount prices may cost about $0.64 to $0.87. Some locations extend a senior discount to other soft beverages too.

That said, not all McDonald’s restaurants participate in the senior discount offer. In some locations, offers are only available to dine-in customers vs. drive-through customers. Other places impose a minimum purchase to be eligible for discounted or even free coffee.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Senior discount?

Fast Answer: McDonald’s offers a senior coffee discount to senior citizens. Coffee is available at many McDonald’s locations at discounted prices for seniors aged 55 and above. However, there’s no company-wide senior discount policy. Since McDonald’s has many franchised locations and it’s left upon individual owners to set their own discounts. Thus, participation and senior discount promotions vary from restaurant to restaurant.

Typically, regular coffee prices are between $1 to $1.5 at McDonald’s. However, in most locations, McDonald’s senior discount prices may cost about $0.64 to $0.87. Some locations extend a senior discount to other soft beverages too.

That said, not all McDonald’s restaurants participate in the senior discount offer. In some locations, offers are only available to dine-in customers vs. drive-through customers. Other places impose a minimum purchase to be eligible for discounted or even free coffee.
Good to know, but I have 22 years to go to see that benefit ha. Hopefully by then I can retire and won't need as much coffee!

Jako

Reaction score
Good to know, but I have 22 years to go to see that benefit ha. Hopefully by then I can retire and won't need as much coffee!
:), best of luck on the next 22 years.
I hit FRA (Full Retirement Age, Soc Sec) last September. I haven't taken advantage of the senior discount but have had BS sessions over a Micky Ds cup of coffee with a buddy in the pre covid days. Not a bad brew or place to hang for a little while.
Did a road trip and would stop at McDs, many had seniors hanging out, some I thought the elder care bus had pulled up.
Stay healthy only way to get even with Soc Sec but than you lose on Medicare :rolleyes:. Just can't win.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
61GeYkvzzgL.jpg

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Until Senior Discount, or Retirement?
McDonalds coffee discount. I will be 55 next month.
My 85 year old uncle (retired police chief) goes to McDonalds every morning for coffee with the other old guys. He calls it "Heaven's Waiting Room". He hated it when they all had to hang out outside because of Covid rules.

Jako

Reaction score
My 85 year old uncle (retired police chief) goes to McDonalds every morning for coffee with the other old guys. He calls it "Heaven's Waiting Room". He hated it when they all had to hang out outside because of Covid rules.
God Bless the coffee klatchers, being social is important for aging.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Well, congratulations ahead of time on reaching that coffee discount milestone :coffee: 😃

I've been receiving the senior discount for a few years now at our local McD's even though I only hit 55 this year. It used to upset me at first that they thought I looked old enough to qualify, but I got tired of correcting them and just rolled with it.

There's a group of guys that hang out in the dining room there every day at first light. They, too, hung out like a gang of teenagers in the parking lot during covid. It was good to see things return to normal for them.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, congratulations ahead of time on reaching that coffee discount milestone :coffee: 😃

I've been receiving the senior discount for a few years now at our local McD's even though I only hit 55 this year. It used to upset me at first that they thought I looked old enough to qualify, but I got tired of correcting them and just rolled with it.

There's a group of guys that hang out in the dining room there every day at first light. They, too, hung out like a gang of teenagers in the parking lot during covid. It was good to see things return to normal for them.

I too sometimes get offered senior rates, usually at the public golf course. I was one of those "lucky" guys that was almost totally gray by 30. Now my age finally matches my hair !

Users who are viewing this thread