5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Less Than 2 Wks Old - Initiated!

Bellpa

Reaction score
So my fiancee's cat decided to initiate my brandy new Laramie's leather rear seat...urine saturated her soft-sided carrier, into the seat cover and into the foam cushion.
I peeled back the cover to the best extent I could, sprayed and saturated the cover and cushion with an enzyme neutralizer from the pet store, allowed to dry and then put everything back together. I haven't had the truck for the past two days due to having the bed liner sprayed in and front two windows being tinted, but I'm hopeful the odor is not there when I pick it up. If so, I'll be shopping for a new rear seat!

Oh, the cat was not eaten with soy sauce...yet!

Bellpa

Reaction score
Yeah, she was part of the package. I never had a cat prior to. I don't hate cats, I just don't like anything that does it's buisnass on my seats!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I told my wife our animals dont go in my truck. They haven't been in any of my prior trucks either. All animals go in her car.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I would be livid. I don't even allow take out in the truck. All smellables go in the bed, period.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
After having my sister's cat pee on the seat of my rockin' 1997 Corolla back in the day in a situation identical to yours, I instituted a policy moving forward that cat carriers would only be placed on the floor with a towel under them. The towel and all weather mats mitigated two more pee incidents, but I've fully prevented those sorts of situations in the past few years by not having a cat at all...

Bellpa

Reaction score
A good reason to avoid soft carriers - a plastic carrier would have averted that problem.

I know a thing or two about cats...and they are paying for my truck :)

www.thecatcarpenter.com

The soft-sided carriers are easier to top load a cat with claws versus stuffing them through a door hole. That I have experience with also, hence the soft-sided top-loading carrier! LOL.
Lessons definitely learned... Cat carrier goes on the rubber floor mat for all future trips. The Ram is our mode of transport to camp every weekend.

Boatjockey

Reaction score
A good reason to avoid soft carriers - a plastic carrier would have averted that problem.

www.thecatcarpenter.com
You are a good person. I have 3 cats (all rescues) and they are a part of our family. Cat haters are just mean (trying to be polite here).

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score

www.thecatcarpenter.com
Funny....cats are paying for your vehicle...and destroying mine. Any REAL and EFFECTIVE advice on keeping cats off my vehicles. They are destroying the finish. I'm building an extra garage/shop but it'll be months before it's done. My new truck arrives soon. You won't like my solution...neither does my wife. So, help me either save my marriage or my truck!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Funny....cats are paying for your vehicle...and destroying mine. Any REAL and EFFECTIVE advice on keeping cats off my vehicles. They are destroying the finish. I'm building an extra garage/shop but it'll be months before it's done. My new truck arrives soon. You won't like my solution...neither does my wife. So, help me either save my marriage or my truck!
Get a dog... :)

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a dog... :)
I have a Pit Bull. He loves his cats. He hates my vehicles also. I'm headed to the body shop today to get some chew damage repaired on my Jeep which must be traded in as soon as my Limited 4x4 arrives in a few weeks.

I'm about done with critters.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
dog and cat guy here. cat pee is the worst. hope he was able to get the smell out. i always use the hard plastic carriers. i'm with @ alacombe , i use my wife's GC for the trips to the vet. the only time i had my dog in my 13 ram was once a year when i took him to a vet up in PA which was a hour and a half drive. used 2 blankets for my seat, and as soon as i got home i cleaned and wiped my whole truck out.

Users who are viewing this thread