5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Lightbar hooked to high beams

joemo

Reaction score
2020 Ram Big Horn
Has anyone done this? I tried to tap into wires that go into the high beams but that did not work. Can I tap into any of these wires? This is in front of the drivers side wheel.
thanks
IMG_0100.JPG

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you trying to tap power, or tap a relay?

joemo

Reaction score
Are you trying to tap power, or tap a relay?
Tap power. Basically, when I put high beams on, the light bar will come on. I hardly use high's but when I do, it would be nice for the bar.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not knowledgeable about which wire powers the high beams, but you really shouldn’t tap power there for the light bar. You should tap a relay to give the signal, and power should come from a fused source (either aux power or directly from the battery terminal).

joemo

Reaction score
I’m not knowledgeable about which wire powers the high beams, but you really shouldn’t tap power there for the light bar. You should tap a relay to give the signal, and power should come from a fused source (either aux power or directly from the battery terminal).
Thanks, I was on the fence.. I will run the actual switch to turn it off/on into the cab.. It will be done correctly atleast.

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I tapped the high beams to trigger my lightbar. I would have preferred if there was a fuse in the box for highs like every other vehicle I've had, but there isn't. I had to tap into the high beam wire going into the housing.
That wire is run to the trigger on a relay. I also have a switch in the cab so i can turn the lightbar off for inspections or such.

I'd much rather have instant flick the highbeam lever then have to struggle to locate the switch on my dash.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im a "WorryWart"so i just bougth a gangswitch for my.then it was the "Sky's the limit"😄(y)

Attachments

• 71qX39pHMiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71qX39pHMiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    100_1876_InPixio.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 27

byebyebowtie

Reaction score
i plan to 3 way a light bar when i do it. that way i can manually turn it on and off or float it with the high beams.

Users who are viewing this thread