5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Light Bar on a ‘19 Rebel???

PedalMonk

Reaction score
Okay so I installed the RC 2019 Ram light bar kit on my Rebel today. The reason it must not “fit” the Rebel is due to the wind shield/cover behind the front warning sensors. I cut the cover between the sensors with a dremel and removed it. Not too big an issue. Just cut right after the sensor area towards the middle. Then pop off that part of the cover and you have space for the light bar. No real need to remove anything as per the instructions. Just cut and bolt the bar in.

Thanks for letting us know! A few questions...

1. Why is the windshield/cover there in the first place? Why is it not on the other models?

2. I assume everything else in the instructions is spot on? Meaning, as long as I remove this cover piece, the rest of the instructions will let me successfully install this light bar? No extra drilling or bending or sawing after the cover is cut/removed?

3. I hate to ask, but I'd love to see a pic of the piece you cut out maybe a pic of how the bar looks like installed from underneath?

Thanks!

Ocnick100

Reaction score

1. Why is the windshield/cover there in the first place? Why is it not on the other models?

2. I assume everything else in the instructions is spot on? Meaning, as long as I remove this cover piece, the rest of the instructions will let me successfully install this light bar? No extra drilling or bending or sawing after the cover is cut/removed?

3. I hate to ask, but I'd love to see a pic of the piece you cut out maybe a pic of how the bar looks like installed from underneath?

Thanks!
1) Not quite sure. I guess to protect the front warning sensors from debris or splash from under the truck? But then again splash could happen from the front. I was thinking of using some flex seal tape to seal it back up between the light bar and cover.

2) The instructions themselves I found pretty much worthless. Basically you make the cuts take the middle cover out. Then bolt the brackets to the frame using the holes already in the frame. I used the bolts, washers and nuts that came with the light but you could use your own parts of you have them on hand. Make sure to leave the brackets loose then tighten after you have the light positioned. The light bolts onto the brackets with a spacer between. I didn’t experience any additional issues after cutting out the back cover.

3) Here is the piece I cut out. I probably didn’t have to leave that little bit at the top. I’ll post more pics later. EA26C440-B718-4E96-B79A-1171CBCA961C.jpeg 1E6C73E0-A4C9-4A8D-8C45-7C5DCB34B427.jpeg 4DDB65D9-F939-4C2A-A4B3-5D898322746E.jpeg E1D2AB75-E3E3-4492-B075-1EEB26582D16.jpeg 8DDC10FA-CD3C-4B3D-9229-C24666A5049A.jpeg

PedalMonk

Reaction score
1) Not quite sure. I guess to protect the front warning sensors from debris or splash from under the truck? But then again splash could happen from the front. I was thinking of using some flex seal tape to seal it back up between the light bar and cover.

2) The instructions themselves I found pretty much worthless. Basically you make the cuts take the middle cover out. Then bolt the brackets to the frame using the holes already in the frame. I used the bolts, washers and nuts that came with the light but you could use your own parts of you have them on hand. Make sure to leave the brackets loose then tighten after you have the light positioned. The light bolts onto the brackets with a spacer between. I didn’t experience any additional issues after cutting out the back cover.

3) Here is the piece I cut out. I probably didn’t have to leave that little bit at the top. I’ll post more pics later. View attachment 38169 View attachment 38170 View attachment 38172 View attachment 38173 View attachment 38174
Awesome! Thanks! You've just about convinced me to do the same. I will probably pull of the windshield/cover thing and examine it more closely and see what my options are. Like you, I will probably seal it back up to prevent debris. Thanks!

Ocnick100

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks! You've just about convinced me to do the same. I will probably pull of the windshield/cover thing and examine it more closely and see what my options are. Like you, I will probably seal it back up to prevent debris. Thanks!
Glad I could help! I popped it off under the truck but couldn’t get it out from there. I ended up cutting it from under the truck then once the middle was out it was more flexible letting me take it out.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks!

i have also asked that same question here to about that back cover.i thought it was to protect from.."Debris"?(like rain,snow,etc),i have the whole piece out.may cut it in 2section if need be.some ram have the sensors and no back cover.so as i have asked before here "why some have them and others dont"?:unsure::unsure:

PedalMonk

Reaction score
i have also asked that same question here to about that back cover.i thought it was to protect from.."Debris"?(like rain,snow,etc),i have the whole piece out.may cut it in 2section if need be.some ram have the sensors and no back cover.so as i have asked before here "why some have them and others dont"?:unsure::unsure:

OK, I went crazy looking for this part. I think it's called an active shutter. Check out part 2 in this diagram. Except, ours isn't active, it's literally a piece of plastic just covering the back side of the grill. I guess it helps divert wind noise and air. Bottom line, I don't think cutting it and replacing it with a light bar is a problem. The light bar accomplishes the same thing(blocking air) and now you have lights too!

Attachments

• i2379722 - Grille active shutter.jpg
    i2379722 - Grille active shutter.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

PedalMonk

Reaction score

Attachments

• i2379153-front bumper assembly.jpg
    i2379153-front bumper assembly.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 82

JTRAM

Reaction score
W
Okay so I installed the RC 2019 Ram light bar kit on my Rebel today. The reason it must not “fit” the Rebel is due to the wind shield/cover behind the front warning sensors. I cut the cover between the sensors with a dremel and removed it. Not too big an issue. Just cut right after the sensor area towards the middle. Then pop off that part of the cover and you have space for the light bar. No real need to remove anything as per the instructions. Just cut and bolt the bar in.
Would you mind posting some pics of what it looks like after, trying to picture what parts you dremeled out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread