5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED headlight and fog lights

qhayes87

Reaction score
Hello fellow 5th gen owners, I was thinking about upgrading my lights to led and was wondering if anyone could recommend the most cost effective way of doing this. I did see a lot of different bulbs on Amazon but don’t wanna venture down the road of always having issues. Is it possible to do without spending 1000+ for a new assembly?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tons of info here on it. Top choices seem to be Lasfit or Diode Dynamics. I am using Lasfit but I have only done my cargo lights and interior dome. I am about to do my reverse lights next, which I already purchased then low beams, fogs, highs, and the rest. Do a search and plan on reading a lot.

qhayes87

Reaction score
Tons of info here on it. Top choices seem to be Lasfit or Diode Dynamics. I am using Lasfit but I have only done my cargo lights and interior dome. I am about to do my reverse lights next, which I already purchased then low beams, fogs, highs, and the rest. Do a search and plan on reading a lot.
Thank you for the info!

Spaz86

Reaction score
Hello fellow 5th gen owners, I was thinking about upgrading my lights to led and was wondering if anyone could recommend the most cost effective way of doing this. I did see a lot of different bulbs on Amazon but don’t wanna venture down the road of always having issues. Is it possible to do without spending 1000+ for a new assembly?
I personally went with Lasfit, did my high beams my fog lights and my truck bed lights.... No issues thus far

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
100% Lasfit here...every bulb on my truck has been replaced and they are working fine. Only problem is they are Chinese made...Diode Dynamics are American made and I would have purchased them had I known in order to support U.S. manufacturing. But the Lasfit are working fine with zero issues. LEDs were the way to go inside and out for my old eyes.

brawler1588

Reaction score
I went with the xenon depot on the low and high beams and the deauto dual for the fogs so I can choose white or yellow on the fly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the xenon depot on the low and high beams and the deauto dual for the fogs so I can choose white or yellow on the fly.

Crazy question but how were you able to keep the "turn light" the same consistent color when not using the fog lights? If the foglights are off, and you turn left, the left fog comes on to light the way. Lasfit has what they call Switchbacks which are the same as the Deauto dual however they were intermittent...turn left and it would be white...turn left again and it would be amber. Turn right and it would be white, turn right again and it would be amber...and then back to white on the next turn. I ended up returning them and going with all white to solve the problem.

brawler1588

Reaction score
I just keep them on and make it like a daytime running light.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just did my reverse lights today with Lasfit. No issues. Much better but still not as bright as I would like when using back up camera at night.

Users who are viewing this thread