5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leaving the truck on while taking the key fob with you..

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i have seen stories where someone gave another person the finger and got shot:(
I find they’re highly inaccurate.😁

Back on topic. Wondering if the three beeps can be turned off in Alfa OBD?

Thought that might be another option and maybe more flexibility to change more settings than the Tazer.🤔

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I find they’re highly inaccurate.😁

Back on topic. Wondering if the three beeps can be turned off in Alfa OBD?

Thought that might be another option and maybe more flexibility to change more settings than the Tazer.🤔

@Jimmy07 would know.

Dewey

Reaction score
Or just take the key fob out of your pocket
That’s the common sense thing and what I do now but still a hassle to do this since it never had to be done before 2022. It’s especially annoying if you would have passive entry. Totally negates the whole reason for having it when you have to keep digging your key fob out of your pocket.

thebearded1

Reaction score
That’s the common sense thing and what I do now but still a hassle to do this since it never had to be done before 2022. It’s especially annoying if you would have passive entry. Totally negates the whole reason for having it when you have to keep digging your key fob out of your pocket.
I take the fob out of my pocket out of habit because every vehicle I've ever owned before had a key. I don't find myself getting out of it that often once it's running don't hasn't been a problem. The truck is also in the shop so I haven't driven it in almost 2 weeks after only having it for a week somi never got used to leaving the fob on my pocket

Dewey

Reaction score
I take the fob out of my pocket out of habit because every vehicle I've ever owned before had a key. I don't find myself getting out of it that often once it's running don't hasn't been a problem. The truck is also in the shop so I haven't driven it in almost 2 weeks after only having it for a week somi never got used to leaving the fob on my pocket
I had passive entry for the past 10 years previously so it’s become a bit annoying having to do that. Still debating changing this truck over to passive entry. It’s amazing how you get accustomed to the creature comforts.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After researching the Tazer I’m actually thinking about going that route to eliminate the three beeps. Looks to be a few other features I would like to change including DRL’e and the ability to change tire sizes later. Looks like it will also replace my AutoStop Eliminator so it would no longer be needed.🤔
I have been nothing but happy with my Tazer. With that said I have heard the 22's aren't 100% compatible with the Tazer yet but I am only going off of what I have read not first hand experience.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been a useful feature for me when the passenger leaves with the fob and I have to park the vehicle. With proximity sensors one of just grabs the 'keys' and we go...so I appreciate the alert. I only have this issue on the vehicle with proximity sensors as the key doesn't have to come out of your pocket. Without it the fob has to be in hand to unlock and then I just throw the key in the console so do not experience this if I have to later jump out of the truck if it's running. In this case I am glad it beeps when I later try to lock it with the keys in the console. LOL!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What else can we ***** about... how about the seat belt light that doesn't turn off when I don't buckle up, man I run my tires at 28lbs and the tire light is on, why do i have auto up and down windows, why can't I turn off that light in the overhead console that is always on..... all these things nobody asked me about before building the truck.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What else can we ***** about... how about the seat belt light that doesn't turn off when I don't buckle up, man I run my tires at 28lbs and the tire light is on, why do i have auto up and down windows, why can't I turn off that light in the overhead console that is always on..... all these things nobody asked me about before building the truck.
As someone with vent shades who often cracks my windows I despite the auto up/down.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know, if you gently press the button down for a second, it won’t go full auto-down. It only does that when you mash on it hard.
Someone should have asked me before they made it that way. I don't like it. Can you change it so it never auto down?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know, if you gently press the button down for a second, it won’t go full auto-down. It only does that when you mash on it hard.
I actually don't mash it. I push it quickly but not hard. But I'll try your way next time I am in the truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As someone with vent shades who often cracks my windows I despite the auto up/down.
There are two detents in the switch. You can feel the click about halfway down when it engages the auto down. Also, if you hit the switch a second time after it goes into auto up/down it will stop.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Huh. I did not know that. Yes, the auto feature annoys me sometimes (like the time I hit it in the carwash....) but not enough to complain. I appreciate you posting that.

I do get the sarcasm in @Cbty2050 post though. Some petty stuff sometimes! 😎

Users who are viewing this thread