5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leaving the truck on while taking the key fob with you..

ramhouston

Reaction score
Is the 3 honks a new thing for the 2022 models??
I could have sworn my buddie's 2021 doesn't honk when he leaves his truck running with the key fob on him.
If this actually the case, does anybody know how to disable it??

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My '20 didn't do it, my '22 does. Pretty thoughtless of Ram to introduce this "feature" without an option to disable it. It is one of the reasons I like my Tazer, I can disable it that way.

ramhouston

Reaction score
My '20 didn't do it, my '22 does. Pretty thoughtless of Ram to introduce this "feature" without an option to disable it. It is one of the reasons I like my Tazer, I can disable it that way.
i'm assuming you indeed have it disabled via Tazer already??

HemiDude

Reaction score
Yes. Shame I have to use a 3rd party accessory to accomplish it, but I was fortunate enough to already have the Tazer from my last Ram

Dewey

Reaction score
I agree. It’s ridiculous it can’t be silenced in the basic settings and irritates the heck out if me every time I get out with the fob in my pocket.😡

So another other options to disable?

ramhouston

Reaction score
Yes. Shame I have to use a 3rd party accessory to accomplish it, but I was fortunate enough to already have the Tazer from my last Ram
Could i just find a nearby active member that has Tazer that could help me disable it or is it more complicated than that?

ramhouston

Reaction score
I agree. It’s ridiculous it can’t be silenced in the basic settings and irritates the heck out if me every time I get out with the fob in my pocket.😡

So another other options to disable?
Ford has been doing it for years now and for Ram to join in on it was a big f*cking no no!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to have the option to disable it, I always leave my truck running when tending to the bear baits back in the bush and it’s annoying.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Could i just find a nearby active member that has Tazer that could help me disable it or is it more complicated than that?
To the best of my knowledge, the Kill3Honk only works while the Tazer is connected to your vehicle

HemiDude

Reaction score
Sure would be nice to have the option to disable it, I always leave my truck running when tending to the bear baits back in the bush and it’s annoying.
So, it serves as a dinner bell? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, I'm sure its even more annoying when your horn is the only sound around

HemiDude

Reaction score
I bought mine 2 years ago so I don't know what they cost right now, I suspect north of $300

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is the 3 honks a new thing for the 2022 models??
I could have sworn my buddie's 2021 doesn't honk when he leaves his truck running with the key fob on him.
If this actually the case, does anybody know how to disable it??
My guess would be if you disable honk when locked in the settings then it would go away.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Jesus f*cking christ that is expensive.. i'm assuming that the Tazer module just plugs and stays in your OBD port indefinitely??
Its way too expensive just to disable the honking. It has quite a few other settings/options, so if you like to play with your truck it might be worth the expense. Some settings require the Tazer to be plugged in, others can be activated and will remain enabled even without the Tazer insatlled. Check out ZAutomotive's site

HemiDude

Reaction score
My guess would be if you disable honk when locked in the settings then it would go away.
Does not work unfortunately, at least not on mine. The 3honks occur anytime the truck is running and the key leaves, whether the truck is locked or not

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does not work unfortunately, at least not on mine. The 3honks occur anytime the truck is running and the key leaves, whether the truck is locked or not
Gotcha...mine doesn't honk at all but I don't remember using my Tazer to disable this feature. Must be a software update on newer vehicles.
BTW I love my Tazer DT. I use it for fogs remain on with high beams, auto fold mirrors and speedo calibration for larger tires.
I have heard that a lot of the Tazer features aren't compatible with uconnect 5 yet.

Last edited:

ramhouston

Reaction score

Gotcha...mine doesn't honk at all but I don't remember using my Tazer to disable this feature. Must be a software update on newer vehicles.
BTW, I love my Tazer DT. Use it for fogs remain on with high beams, auto fold mirrorsand speedo calibration for larger tires.
I have heard that a lot of the Tazer features aren't compatible with uconnect 5 yet.
This is new for the 2022 model year.. Lol

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kill3Honk works on the 2022’s - it’s a live feature (meaning the Tazer has to be plugged in).
Short of a Tazer, you could just leave the door open slightly when you get out. It only honks when you close the door.

Users who are viewing this thread