5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather dash lifting and bubbling

Reaction score
Yes, RAM will want the service ticket documentation first before they go any further.
Thanks for the reply, I dropped it off Friday morning and was told itd take until Thursday to diagnose it due to them having to possibly tear it apart. Idk 🤷‍♂️ but hopefully when i get a call from the tech/ ram folks i can use the pictures and all the complaints on all these forums to speed up the process as it clearly is a widely known issue.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I dropped it off Friday morning and was told itd take until Thursday to diagnose it due to them having to possibly tear it apart. Idk 🤷‍♂️ but hopefully when i get a call from the tech/ ram folks i can use the pictures and all the complaints on all these forums to speed up the process as it clearly is a widely known issue.
i waited 4+ months for my dash to arrive at the dealer from backorder, dropped it off last week only to find a tear in the new one.......another one on order, no ETA.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Had mine replaced for delamination under warranty. The new one seems to be glued on much better as it hasn't delaminated. Its been in there a year and a half now. The dealer did a great job, no rattles, looks like new, but is lasting better than new.

juicegoose

Reaction score
would the addition of uv tint on front window help with the delamination you think?
It's a heat thing isn't it?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
would the addition of uv tint on front window help with the delamination you think?
I have 55% ceramic on mine and it still did it when it was left at the dealer and they did not put up my sunshade

juicegoose

Reaction score
Ahh okay. Have you felt the front window tint was worth it even knowing it didn't help the dash? I've never put a uv blocker on my trucks but i'm thinking about it with my new one since i'm down here in Houston

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ahh okay. Have you felt the front window tint was worth it even knowing it didn't help the dash? I've never put a uv blocker on my trucks but i'm thinking about it with my new one since i'm down here in Houston
Oh yes it’s absolutely worth it. My truck is much cooler. I’ve lived in Dallas, Tampa and Atlanta with it.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I don't think it is heat or UV that causes the surface to un-adhere. I think it is the application of cleaners. I used Mopar cleaner on the dash when it was new, to clean it, many times. It was after that it started to delaminate. My new replaced dash I decided to not use any "solvent" type cleaner but only water to clean it. And it has remained perfect so far. It has been 2 years now since I got the new dash.

juicegoose

Reaction score
I can certainly understand that as well. I wonder if a conditioner would be the same.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think it is heat or UV that causes the surface to un-adhere. I think it is the application of cleaners. I used Mopar cleaner on the dash when it was new, to clean it, many times. It was after that it started to delaminate. My new replaced dash I decided to not use any "solvent" type cleaner but only water to clean it. And it has remained perfect so far. It has been 2 years now since I got the new dash.
Plenty of people claim to have never used any of those products on their dash and still had the issue. There are also people who say they have tinted windshields and use a window shade and still have the issue. I have yet to see Ram admit to what causes it, and I don't see them ever releasing that information. Everything else is speculation. Which is fine I guess, but I like to deal more in fact than opinion.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
just cheaper adhesives and potentially lower quality leather that shrinks over time. Mopar just tells you to wipe with a light soap and water, still doesnt matter.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That actually sounds more reasonable to me based on information people have provided in numerous threads on this topic. Even so, we have no data to support it either way.

Users who are viewing this thread